Need Help with my Samsung DLP TV.....

Username: Out_west

Post Number: 2
I have a Samsung Model# HLP5063W DLP TV. All of a sudden the picture went black because the lamp turned off. What is odd is once it does this I can't turn the TV off with either the remote or the push button off on the front of the TV. There are also no error code lights flashing on the front of the TV either. However, before the issue starts it will let me power the TV off/on.

I have to unplug the TV to turn it off. When I plug in the TV it will start working as normal with both picture and sound. But give it a few minutes the picture will go black again but still will have sound and again TV will not turn off.

I've replaced both the lamp and color wheels in the past. So I'm no stranger to working on these things. I noticed that the ballast will spark.

Any ideas what the problem is and why the TV won't power off once the lamp turns off and screen goes black? The lamp still lights, but could it still be a bad lamp? Any help greatly appreciated.

Username: Out_west

Post Number: 3
I was leaning towards the lamp until today when it did something different. Twice today when I powered on the TV to test it everything seemed to be working fine. The lamp actually stayed lit the whole time (where before it would be off in two minutes). But this time the volume control was locked and would not allow me to change it, and the TV would not turn off. This all started after being on for several minutes, and it happened two times today when I tested it. Any idea what could be the problem that would link these two issues (light turning off, and then later light working but volume control locked, and in both cases the TV won't turn off)?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us