Neither Directv nor Canadian satellites services will respond to so called "Regionalism".

Username: N05boiler

Post Number: 1
I've tried many times to get an executive from Directv and answer the question concerning permission of Canadian private purchases of satellite signal decoding and equipment.
When it suits Directv to come into Canada and pursue alleged signal pirates and claim loss of business they use my tax dollars and police services again paid through my tax dollars. Yet the Directv company has no official business in Canada. This bull-hockey about regionalism by LT is just another lame excuse to not challenge bad legislation on either side of the border. The North American Free Trade Agreement was written and agreed upon the open markets for people such as myself to purchase goods and services.
What happened to my Rights and Freedoms as the consumer.
Its interesting to see Directv what's protection for its product yet denies service. The Grey Market Operator fills the gap between an unwanted product offered by Bell Expressview and the Over-the-Air broadcast sent into Canada by Directv that doesn't exist as a company on the open market in Canada.
Prohibition that occurred earlier on in United States history proved out that regionalism fails. Black Market or Grey Market operators filled the vacancy to provide people with a product that the government failed to understand but identified a commodity that required government protection. At that time Canada's distillaries bootlegged alcohol into the United States by grey market operators. You have called them Organized Crime. They became organized because the government failed by installing a poor legislation.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us