Receiver help, etc. - newbie plzzzzzz

Username: Uzee

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I'm sure most of you are just tired of people like me asking for newbie info, please forgive me for that first of all ;)

Even though I'm a newbie, I have researched as much as I could on this and have also read the maestra guide as well as other docs and forums. I do understand the long and short of it but I'm unable to decide what type of receiver should I get to begin with.

I mean there are several types.....I could not find a post or document that tells me which one may be better than the others.

I'm in South Western Ontario and would like to set up testing to receive dishnet channels. One of the local shops here told me that all dishnet receivers would be no good by the mid of this year, he is selling FTA receivers with his so-called "own" solution to receive dishnet channels and said that it would work without any problems, he's charging around $500+ Cdn. for the whole thing (I definitely don't intend to pay him that ridiculous amount)

So I guess, my second question is if this is true? about FTA receivers, are those a better choioce versus the regular ones. By the way, my objective of testing is to just test the ethnic asian channels.

My apologies for any inconvenience and thanks in advance to any advice/answers/suggestions.

Uzee

LK
Unregistered guest
FTA is FTA!..regular ones? versus local shop with FTA with "own" solutions..that local shop is BS!...again FTA is FTA!...yes truth is FTA that is used to hack Dishnetwork and Bev will be eliminated within 6 months due to a change of their presently hacked "nagra1" datastream to the unhacked "nagra 2" datastream..

I think the coolsat is the best for the money now ($250)...but again,if nagra2 isn't hacked within 6 months then NO Dish or Bev with FTA (only limited free Tv channels)..can buy a pansat 2500 for $150 which is cheaper money,a good product and still a FTA that will do the same as other FTA's....its like cars,some like Chevy,some like Ford...some like big,some small...some expensive,some cheaper...but they all do basically the same thing!

Username: Uzee

Post Number: 2
Thanks a lot for your reply LK, I didn't realize people here would be so quick on responding, my bad ;)

OK, that clears a bit of my confusion regarding FTA. What I meant to ask is what receiver model would be better, if any, to start with. I have noticed people talking about the DP-301, DVR-501 or Pana2500 etc. This is where my dilemma is, I don't know enough to decide which one should I get. I've also heard some receivers use the card (CAM) while some don't, (I don't know which ones use the card and which ones don't). Of all these, I'm trying to find out which one should I get.
If anyone can suggest/advice, I would truly appreciate that.
Thanks
Uzee

LK
Unregistered guest
U are getting FTA (free to air-NO cards)receivers that get various numerous satellite signals, Mixed up with Dishnetwork/Echostar receivers (with cards) such as the 2700,4700,301-10...Both will intercept the coded satellite signals (presently Nagra1-soon to be UNHACKED nagra2 data air stream) for Dishnetwork but differently..FTA will also receive much more than just Dishnetwork..

FTA uses NO cards and is MUCH simpler and cheaper than using Echostar/dishnet receivers which require cards which need to be programmed and programming of the receiver also..FTA requires only programming of the receiver,which is very simple,and FTA rarely gets "hit/damaged,unprogrammed" ...while Echostar/Dishnetwork receivers are MUCH more difficult to program and the receivers are MUCH easier,bigger targets of being "hit" by damaging signals sent out by Dishnetwork..and again U must program the cards on these also..

Buy either an inexpensive Pansat ($150) or a coolsat ($250)...both are good FTA receivers..and can pick up/receive MORE channels than NON FTA receivers such as Echostar/dishnetwork...again if Nagra2 is not hacked within 6 months,then no matter what U buy, it will no longer work..U might want to consider than when spending your money..

Username: Snake_eyes

Iroquois, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
Hi
I am sure you have heard this time and again,but I must ask for help.I have an express vu 2700 and an avr card for it.Where do I go to download the jeepers program to program my card with?I had it on my old computer,but since it fried I have not been able to find everything I need to program once again.Also are there any new tricks to programing now,I have been down and out for a while???

Thanks to any and all help I recieve with this delemma.

LK
Unregistered guest
its in the file area at [link removed] ...not sure exactly...maybe under "Utilities"...but I know its there in several places
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us