Advice on directv sub

Username: Yankee

Post Number: 1
I need some info on subbing with dave. Do you have to plug the receiver into the phone line to activate any or all receivers?

largo key
Unregistered guest
no..put card in receiver (plugged in)which is hooked up to roof dish, then just call Dave..

Post Number: 2
Thanks Key Largo you are the best! If you are activating 3 IRDs, do you have to do all three at once, or one at a time?

largo key
Unregistered guest
U can do 1 at a time..but the activation/resend signal is sent all at once to all cards if U want to do 3-8 at once!...sent again if U want another receiver activated or complain about a "call x721" message,or "insert valid access card"...

Post Number: 3
thank you key largo for sharing your expertise!

Bronze Member
Username: Knee_grow

Detroit

Post Number: 87
yea..he's a smart cookie that one

Username: Yankee14

LK.is it true that Dave will send a "call x721" message,or "insert valid access card"...if you don't plug into the phone line every 30 days?

LK
Unregistered guest
no...x721 means that U do not subscribe to that channel...if phone is kept unplugged then eventually (30-75 days) U will get either a callx 731,732,733 message on your PPV's and not be able to use the remote for ordering,but can still order PPV ONLINE at DTV's website using the account owners username and password...the PPV will then appear on all TV's, no matter where they are located..that's whats nice about using DTV ONLINE,if U share,then all will see the movie or sporting event also,irregardless where they live..just order the all day ticket 1 day in advance,and let your buds/family who U share with know that its been ordered for the next day..

Thanks again LK.Your advice and knowledge is appreciated.

LK
Unregistered guest
DerekJ...just really noticed your nick..Listen to me,the Bosox now own the Yankees...lol...DerekJ and AlexR know who their daddy is now!

BTW..Love David Wells now (on Sox this year), my type of beer drinking down to earth player

Good Luck with you subbing ventures

Post Number: 4
LK...cannot deny my Yankee link and you're sooo correct...the Bosox whipped us 4 straight. As for David Wells I love his style too. Couldn't have been more depressed when the Yankees wouldn't re-sign him without a weigh-in plan in '04 and again in '05. Cannot wait for Spring Training.

I hope the Dave sub really works..if it does, I owe most of it to your kindness and knowledge and encouragement.

LK
Unregistered guest
The sharing a DTV sub works very easily...just make sure U have cards in receivers when calling DTV to activate (and can activate at different times or all at once- and can even call from your house or cell phone and activate a receiver at buds house-no problem up to 8 receivers)...then do NOT take cards out of the receivers and get them mixed up...and keep phones unplugged and order PPV's online...and U can mail the receivers to anyone/anyplace U want (they must have a dish and cables of course)..only negative thing is NO locals and some local sports channels for others, if they do not live in your local area..TRUST of the sharer's to pay monthly is the most difficult part..and U can share the MLB or NFL Sunday ticket if U want also..just NEVER take cards out or plug phones in..Sub owner can keep his phone plugged in,so he can use remote always for PPV ordering,but then ONLY he will get the PPV and ONLY on the 1 TV he used the remote on..

THE 2ND COMING
Unregistered guest
YOU DON'T KNOW S-H-I-T- LK. GIVE IT UP.

REALLY
Unregistered guest
YOU TWO SHOULD GET LAID YOU FUKCING FAGGITS

LK
Unregistered guest
I see Knee Grow aka stupid idiots aka testbaby aka larry aka analman aka who knows ..is back at it

Username: Reddiablo

Looking to sub to "dave"
will be stuck up in canada for a year at least,
fiance in FL is trying to get sub,
looks like her apt will not allow installation,
so uncle bills mobile home park is next bet.
looking for the HD TIVO with probably 5 extra recievers have lots of canucks who wish to get on board.
QUESTION 1 do I need to leave a reciever in FL
plugged into phone line ?

intend to bring the HD up here so will need oval dish,with triple LNB .

thxs for your usefull tips in earlier posts
have missed "dave" since last spring.

nice to be legitimate and enjoy more programming than BEV can offer.
cheers

LK
Unregistered guest
Q1 answer..no need to keep phone plugged in FL,..in fact no need to even keep any receiver in FL,after activation..

cheers LK
Looks like the postman will be busy ,sending
presents to the great white north,
will have to activate one at a time,
does dave require you to use landline phone
at service address or can it be done online??
also seems you are telling me to activate before
taking north.
reasons please ???

cheers GB

LK
Unregistered guest
U can activate with any phone,including cell phone...or ONLINE..can activate one at a time..but I would get the FREE 5 room install and activate them all at once,so U know there's no problem with the receivers and cards,before U head north.. (why worry about an extra $5 per receiver)...but U will worry,if U go North and and WAIT to activate and could have problems,that will be much harder to correct while in Canada..sometimes DTV screws up when activating cards..just my suggestion of what I would do..

LK
thxs once again, that makes sense to me,
just one more question, my fiances aging
uncle bill is a great help in enabling this.
She will be there to help him when installers
arrive now he only has a one bedroom home.
what is the procedure with installation
will they activate for him ,or as I hope
,they will install the dish and 2 outlets
and then will activate 2 at a time.
sorry to sound like a amateur but I do have
experience only with BEV
USING 3 At present plus I had dave till
cut off last spring.
its just the logistics of this
my gal and her uncle are gracious helping out.
also of course my name is on the visa card
hope that does not cause a prob.
seems everybody is happy as long as the bill is paid !!!!!
thxs for your help

cheers GB

LK..
Unregistered guest
Have them run lines to every room..living,bedroom,kitchen,patio,anywhere possible..once all is installed,U can call back DTV later and add rooms (DTV won't know how big and how many rooms the trailer/house has)...DTV will not do any FREE install and receivers and cards, if U are the account "owner" and have previously subbed to DTV..YOUR visa card could be a problem,but I don't think so...I know of others who have used there card as collateral on another's account..

Username: Analman_returns

Post Number: 9
WHAT EVER LK.

ok cheers LK
WILL get installer to run as lines as possible,
am hoping to do the 5 room installaion
one HD plus 4 recievers.
then activate in one shot
never subbed to dave before
am expat from limeyland but will be in south FL
THIS TIME NEXT YEAR all being well.
getting married in LV next august
then have to wait in toronto for uncle sam to let me back in,
could marry and stay ,but no work visa
so its easier to retreat up here and work while
awaiting clearance.
so will be having dtv ,no matter what
just nice to get it running now
will let you know how it goes
thxs again
cheers GB

Username: Bluejays

LK..wondering if you could give me some advice. Group of 20 friends who live outside Toronto Canada are interested in subbing to Dave. We all have equipment-we all enjoyed Dave till last April. One member has a "snowbird" uncle in S Fla. Could he do the subbing for us? He lives in Fla for 6 months of the year and then drives north for the summer. He too would have a Canadian credit card ...would that be a problem or is there a way around paying by credit card and having a direct payment from a bank account in S Fla? I read your post to Yankee fan-Derek J and limy-GeorgeB about activating in Fla. If all the card #s and receiver numbers are correct, activation should be ok without shipping them to Fla?
Thanks for sharing!

LK
Unregistered guest
Payment would be no problem with CC..many snowbirds go to FL for 6 months and activate DTV subs..Uncle would have to get new cards from DTV and mail them to you,then U all put in your receivers,THEN uncle call DTV to "activate" cards..cards MUST be in receivers when he calls DTV to activate..DTV will want all the receivers info such as serial # ,make/model etc..and don't think U can do 20,try 6 to start..U must tell DTV which cards are going in which receivers..

LK
Unregistered guest
Payment would be no problem with CC..many snowbirds go to FL for 6 months and activate DTV subs..Uncle would have to get new cards from DTV and mail them to you,then U all put in your receivers,THEN uncle call DTV to "activate" cards..cards MUST be in receivers (in Canada OR anywhere US) when he calls DTV to activate..DTV will want all the receivers info such as serial # ,make/model etc..and don't think U can do 20,try 6 to start..Uncle must tell DTV which cards are going in which receivers..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
WHAT EVER THEY NEED TO BE PLUG INTO A PHONE LINE EVERONE KNOWS THAT F-U-C-K-H-E-A-D-
LONG LIVE THE BUTT!

LK..just re-read post to Derek J where you said you can get 8 cards..why start with 6? I went to Dave site and wondered about the free 3 room set-up with a year sub. If the group takes out a sub without taking the free set-up , then the impression we get is that you could cancel the sub without any penalty? We are thinking what if the Nagra2 card is hacked, then the Pansat2500a with some minor adjustments would be a better deal..say starting in September. Also,you seem really up to date with pansat info. There is a dealer is TO selling these 2500a receivers for $179 CAD. You quoted to Gordo that most places in the States were selling the product for $189 USD. Is there anything to look for to make sure they aren't some type of Chinese clone? Thanks the MapleLeafs

LK
Unregistered guest
8 initially could send up a red flag to DTV..I have never heard of anyone ever really being held to the 1 year commitment or being penalized..I know of some who have cancelled prior to 1 year,and dave told them they didn't even have a 1 yr comitment,even after they had the FREE install and receivers and cards...some of DTV's reps and records aren't well kept..all depends on the rep and your luck.. I think U can cancel anytime if NO install and free receivers were provided...U will pay $20 for each card though..

If nagra2 is not hacked,then pansat will not help...and if it is,there is no guarantee that the pansat can be modded...all is speculation now..I would go the share a DTV sub route...U know,it'll always be there working..and NEVER plug the phone line in,except for the sub owner,if he wants..

owe you a BUD..LK..how long would you wait to order the last 2 cards and max out the sub?

LK
Unregistered guest
a few weeks...and I have heard some say they couldn't get more than 6,but I do know some that have 9 now...and have heard some SAY that they had 12...again,I think it all depends on the customer rep..maybe ONLINE is best by sub owner,but don't know anyone who has done an online activation,but it can be done (just don't know how U get the new card from DTV)

LK
Unregistered guest
I think I might have to RETRACT a previous statement...I'm not sure if U can "ACTIVATE" online..U can order more receivers (3) online,but DTV site doesn't mention anything about cards or activation..

You know so much LK..... I was reading your post to DerekJ about ordering PPVs online. Is it possible to set up an online account from Toronto? Yes/No? Let's say the online account has to be done in the USA..once it is completed could we order PPVs from Toronto online if we know the password?
Thanks for your assistance LK.

LK
Unregistered guest
The online account with DTV can be setup at any computer anywhere..its just like registering at any website (DSS site,bank,electric,phone,whatever)..U just need the account #,then U pick a username and password..and yes EVERYONE who knows the username/password can order PPV's from any computer anywhere..

BTW..this is one of the few DSS websites where U don't have to register..most require a registration with your email addy,username,password... I don't recommend U give DTV a Canadian email addy when registering for obvious reasons...use a hotmail or yahoo email addy..

how_many?
Unregistered guest
You can have up to 8 receivers, however, they will ask you a question or two to make sure you connected the system up correctly. If you can't answer the questions (for example, what kind of multi-switch do you have?) then you are going to have a problem with the rep when going from 2 to 3 receivers, or going from 4 to 5 receivers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
are you asking yourself questions lk.
this all seems staged.
oh thank you lk. ilove you lk. what would i do without you lk. i will name my 1st born child after you lk.
WHATEVER. YOUR A FAKE!

LK
Unregistered guest
how many,that is not true...Again I know of some that have 9-12...and they were never asked technical questions about multiswitchs...they were ADVISED they would need a mutiswitch,but never questioned..and also U can run 8-12 without a multiswitch,if U watch the same channel on all of them..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
YOU DON'T KNOW S-H-I-T LK AND QUIT TALKING TO YOURSELF. ITS NOT HEALTHY.
STOP ANSERING YOUR OWN QUESTIONS!
LONG LIVE THE BUTT!
JANUARY 4 2005. JUDGEMENT

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
SORRY FEBUARY 4 2005. JUDGEMENT DAY. SORRY MY FAULT I WILL GET IT RIGHT NEXT TIME.

Username: Dwells

LK..was reading another site http://nflguy2003.proboards19.com and they were asking a question about the bootstrap. When you sub to Dave, is it possible to upgrade to premium package anymore? Are those days gone?

LK
Unregistered guest
Gone I think...actually I don't know cause nobody I know ever got that to work..all said it really didn't work...it would work WITHOUT the bootstrap for 3 days then x721,so I don't think bootsrap actually did anything...why don't U try it?..

LK.thanks for your input. This nfl site seems to have some regulars that have had them up and running since last April. I saw the question on that site but no one has answered. I thought I'd ask you , since you seem to be one of the best at ecoustics for giving sound advice.

LK
Unregistered guest
Many months ago (last April),a very few here said it did work...but everyone I know who actually tried it then told me that it really didn't work...so I really don't know about now or then..I never had a board so I couldn't try myself..

I don't understand how it could last more than 55-60 days,when DTV would need to update the tiers again because since the board changes the camID,then how could DTV know your bogus camID for it to receive the necessary updates to prevent the tiers from expiring and channels going x722..

I figured that might be the case. Only a few people I rub shoulders with even know what a bootstrap is or does. Thanks for answering my question............have a great SuperBowl down there in Fla.

HHH
Unregistered guest
LK"

A friend of mine in the US is getting the 4 room systems. All tivo's. His will be connected to the phone line and the other 3 he will be shipping up here in the Great White North. We will be getting the premium package so the tivo service will be free. Need your expertise. How can we get this service to work in Canada? Do we need to plug the phone line in ? I really don't want to do that as I was told they could determine that you live in Canada.

LK
Unregistered guest
U will get to watch everything,but I don't believe ALL the Tivo features will be available,unless U have phone plugged..BUT,maybe I'm wrong..do NOT plug phones in,no matter what...if U don't get the tivo features,so what,U still have cheap TV..

BTW...do U know that tivo requires 2 LNB's from the dish for each receiver to use the recording and all the features..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us