VCR 2 VCR COPYING

JOE YO 1 THANKS
Unregistered guest
IM HAVING TROUBLE HOOKING UP 2 VCRS TO MY TV SO THAT I CA RECORD MY VHS TAPES ON BLANK ONES. I NEEED TO KNOW EACH AND EVERY STEP TO DO THIS, THANKS, JOE

Bronze Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 73
Hook RCA jacks from the play VCR out to the record VCR in, then you have to change the record VCR from tuner to line. If you are trying to record pre-recorded videotapes you will probably have copyguard problems.

Unregistered guest
i am also having the same problem recording vcr to vcr. the vcr i am recording TO has no line option. i am rcording from a vcr,dvd player. i have rca jacks that have a red,white, and yellow plugs. only yellow and white on TO vcr, and all three colors on dvd-vcr.i am going IN to the recording vcr, but nothing is recording, i am recording taped tapes to blank one, no copyguard. any help?...........tom

Silver Member

Post Number: 344
There should be a input or aux button on either the remote or the unit. You need a Y cable if your VCR is mono or you will miss a significant part of the audio.

Unregistered guest
I'm recording VCR to VCR. One VCR will record the other won't . I have followed instruction until the point of setting recording VCR to "line". NO "line" option on the VCR & I have no remote to help the process...Is there anything I can do???

Silver Member

Post Number: 348
If the input select button was on the remote then nothing you can do except find a universal remote that has it on it.

Simply me
Unregistered guest
hey David can you tell me how to change one of the risisters in the automatic gain control in a VCR

Silver Member

Post Number: 370
What are you trying to accomplish? I wouldn't suggest playing with adjustments. What's wrong that you need to adjust something?

Simplyme
Unregistered guest
if you change the value of one of the risistors in the AGC it will remove microvision, i know there is a lot easyer way but i would like to explor it and see how it is done

Silver Member

Post Number: 376
The macrovision attacks the color circuits, the gain won't make any difference.

Simplyme
Unregistered guest
o yeah it works and works good to i found it in a repair manual wow it works great it is in the AGC

Unregistered guest
have 2 vcr's and want to copy a wedding video. dont have a manual on how to do this could you please help on the connections.

Silver Member

Post Number: 560
Connect RCA jacks from the play VCR out to the record VCR in, then set the record VCR to line. There should be an input button on the remote or the VCR.

Username: Kaydeeqh

Post Number: 1
How do you get past copy protected vhs tapes? I heard that if you cover the safety tab with vinyl tape or cellophane tape. Is that true? Or can you buy something like the Red Copier? Any suggestions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 563
A digital video stabilizer.

Unregistered guest
I'm also trying to hook up 2 VCR'S to my TV that has cable and wanting to play one and record on the other.

Silver Member

Post Number: 570
Use an A/B switch on the output of the VCRs.

Unregistered guest
Can someone please help me. I want to record a copy of a home video I have. I need specific steps on how to hook up 2 VCR's to do this. One is a built in VCR in the TV set, the other is just a regular VCR. I have the red, yellow and white cables but don't have a clue on what goes where.
Thank you very much!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us