Archive through January 06, 2005

Lurch
Unregistered guest
Man, I've been reading all of your guys brainstorms and it sounds like we are making some forward progress. This idea sounds interesting"buy another digital cable box and install the filter that makes the box not communicate with Comcast, and hook this up in another room, will I be able to get all the premium channels. This is assuming that the box I buy has not been "hit" by comcast yet.
This way my box thats registered will still communicate with Comcast to keep the signal coming, and my second box will just read the full signal." I wish someone could come up with a idea for hooking up a computer between the cable box and the incoming line to read what the messages that are being sent between them. That way someone could program a addon chip for digital boxes that would interpret the request coming in the the box and send back the right answer to the cable company so they wouldn't send a kill hit to the box.

P.S. Cable CEO
Locks are made to keep honest people honest:-)
Hmm... I remember when microsoft came out with xp home edition saying that it couldn't be copied on to multiple computers because of the phone registration. Gee I'm using a copied version to type this message dumbass.

Bronze Member
Username: Hsitech

Post Number: 16
I am thinking about selling my Digital Box, It gets all the digital stations, none of the lower end stations (1-78 i believe it is) Anyone near the Modesto area interested?

Turismo
Unregistered guest
I have comcast cable right now (regular, not digital), is there a way to somehow get cable internet from that? like splice a wire or get a cable modem?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Nope, Because the MAC address of the modem is added to comcast system as well as the MAC address of your computer, i have learned how to get cable internet for 2 weeks, then it gets disconnected and cant ever do it again.

Person51
Unregistered guest
Damn.
Got no luck trying to get around my hookup. I have broadband / telephone service through local cable company, and was outside shooting the breeze with the installer, and watched him put this filter http://www.eaglefilters.com/Products/Traps_/Tier_Traps/tier_traps.html on the box. The box wasn't sealed off, so i figured i might be able to bypass it. instead of the filter, i tried a coaxial connector, and had no luck. Other than purchasing an outrageous basic cable package for $55 a month, any suggestions to get around this?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
just disconnect the coaxle from the threaded part and put the female onto the tap. really easy, if they put a sleeve around it so you cant take the filter off like we at comcast have to do, use a small screw driver, takes a few minutes but it'll unscrew, (use the screw driver on one side of the fitting thats a 7/16 and spin it around on the one side... sorta like you can take lug nuts off a car by just spinning the tire and holding your cross bar

dangnabit
Unregistered guest
those traps are easy to get,just go pole to pole and look around on the ground,installers usaully just drop them on the surface under the poles.they dont save them.

Anonymous

I see a lot here and thanks a lot for the few "real" cable guys who ar trying to help us out. I have a few ideas of my own and the BASIC one is a chip inside the box (just like before) and maybe (Just Maybe), a satellite box could be rigged up to receive the frequencies desired (once you bypass the antenna section and input directly to the tuner) and why haven't you tech's gotten hold of the program that can be inputed into the back thru the port there? I have succesfully (in the first year) used an expensive filter that worked great! I have heard of mail order scams (such as buying a Radio Shack DC blocker, scraping off their label and reselling them as a PPV filter for $99 PLUS $12 S&H. Who's going to call the feds?). In the greater Boston (Massachusetts, in case you don't know where Boston is), I get all ANALOG plus one (who knows why? I don't) HBO on Channel 72 that still works with my Clearview Pro + box (that I still have ten of if you need one for the Time Warner Systems that USED to use the SA 8600 series boxes. $200 each (MY cost. Plus $6.50 Shipping thru Fed-Ex ground 3 day)). I also noticed that there was little said about the NEW boxes with DVR built it them. PS; re the tool to open up the two or three pronged security devices, I tried pliers in the beginning but they sometimes leave marks on them that are easily noticed and overcome this by using a set of tweezers (half of one side worked for me and the many that I have done) and just unscrewed them. I have also devised a way to make it appear that the device is in place and appears to be normal (I drilled out the center and re-cut the cable to go all the way thru with a new end on it {with tamper cap to cover up the new connector} for my girlfriends house as they had done work next door and the tech looked over and put on a new tamper on. I tried calling the company that makes them tools and order some but they never replied (DEMAND for illegal use is great I'm told!), but my method is SO simple! The idiot "Cable CEO" is true that NEW ideas are on the horizons but COSTLY, such as, roving codes (like the DSS satellites use now), and further refinements to the boxes (REM the boxes that had a tamper when a certain screw was removed?). Oh, CEO, I started "borrowing" cable since a big cheese like you told me I didn't need a cable box to get channels that my VCR couldn't record here. I had a "Cable Capable TV". I suspect it has cost you a bundle because of a simple request! I don't know if I would put a metal device in a microwave (Who has one that big anyway)! I once got bagged when I climbed the pole using bolts for pegs and my son (then eight) asked the men for his dad's bolts back so I could use them again! OY! Oh, and speaking of poles, WATCH OUT for a grounding wire running up the pole that MAY BE DISCONNECTED or BROKEN! This could be FATAL!! There's more, but I will wait to see responses if any -- TNX again TECH's for the help --

Englishman
Unregistered guest
Well, well well! What fun you have in the States. Here in England folks, we have free broadband, (4meg enough for you sir?), free digital cable, and free PPV, all areas, if you know what you're doing. And our tele's and dvd players are ntsc and pal. And as for you Mr.CEO chutney ferret, suck my dick, because my cable company is mostly owned by your cable companies, so that means I have been buttfucking you for free for the last couple of years! Nice. (There's always one, and you're the both of them).
The sensible Englishman.

cb
Unregistered guest
I have comcast internet and basic cable. The cable box is located outside the house. I did notice that it contains a filter.

What happens if I remove this filter? Will I get all of the tv channels? Will they be able to tell if it is removed? Can I install another filter to fet the higher channels?

Thanks
CB

Cable for Free
Unregistered guest
Has anyone ever come across this website: http://www.newinternetsavings.com/converter.html

They claim to have Digital cable box by installing a chip somewhere in their box.

Anonymous

I came across the website "newinternetsaving." I had a conversation with a representative from the company via phone. His name was Dave. Very nice person. Per the area code I take it that this person was located in Canada. Any ways, Dave informed me that they were able to solder a chip into an old digital box. Very much like the analog boxes and that the digital channels were all in a test mode. I found this interesting and was about to place an order because they offer a 15 day money guarantee. Well their link to paypal ceased to work and after that I was no longer able to communicate with any one at the company. That was over 3 months ago. I did not place an order. I have made several attempts via email and vms to obtain a response, but they are not calling me back. I find it kind of fishy that they are the only ones that have figured a way to descramble digital service. If anyone obtains more info or is able to make contact, please post it here because I am interested to find out if the product works and if the site is legit.

Anonymous

I been Having High speed internet from Comcast like for 4 months, since I gaot it I split the cable put one on the modem and one on my TV and Wallaa! I had like 78 chanels (Basic?) then like two days ago my service went out! so I call the dam comcast company, they send a technician got my internet signal back BUT MY CABLE IS GONE!!!

What did that ashole did to get my cable cut off? and what can I do to get it back like I have it before? (for Free) ????????

ANY INFORMATION IS APRECIATED! THANKS!

jside
Unregistered guest
So nobody ever really said how to reset a box????
how do you reset the box and clear the memory out so you don't get charged for it?

dangnabit
Unregistered guest
once vyou order ppv,its no use ressetting,they have a record.

dangnabyte
Unregistered guest
For the millionth time, the digital filter is a scam. You cannot erase PPVs in a cable box without paying for them.

dangnabutt
Unregistered guest
yes you can

dangnabuttno
Unregistered guest
butt, you must be the guy that sells digital filters and tells people to reset the PPVs by running a magnet over the top of the chip?

Username: John_doe

Post Number: 1
OK, no jerking me around. Would appreciate a straight answer.

Subscribed to comcast service, broadband and very basic cable. I mean very basic, just local channels.

Once in the box and you remove the this long silver thing, which I assume is some type of filter or trap. That says Eagle Comtronics on it.

If you just remove the filter and put a what I call a double connector in it's place(where to cables can be connected together).

I did this and have been getting most of the basic channels now for about 3 months.

Will the cable company eventually be able to detect that this filter has been removed without looking in the box?

Thanks for your help.

Anonymous

Yes, they may not pick up on it right away, but when they do an audit and detect it, they will ask to come in your home to inspect it. If you refuse they can get law enforcment to forcibly let them im to inspect it. If you don't believe me, look at the contract you signed, there's a clause in there that they can come in at any time to inspect if they suspect piracy. Cable, unlike satellite, is 2 way communication. They can tell what channel you are watching and how long you've been watching it.

Post Number: 2
Thanks Anonymous, OK then how splitting it like someone mentioned in an earlier post. Like this!!!!Will this work???

Here in a stick diagram: SP = Spliter : "*" are used to fill the blank space!

Input
|
|
|------|<<sp
|*****|_____CYCLINDER___
|**********************************|
s|______________________|
p|
|
|
-
TV Hookup

Username: Hwaiii50

North Highlands, Ca. U.S.A.

I have a question. We've had comcast for as long as they came out and have the highspeed net through them.We've always had black boxes for the tv's and just kept them when they went to digi. We could get all the cable channels and HBO. So just a week ago we got the new digi boxes and they gave us HBO free for two months because we've been with them for so long. Now one of the boxes is black and has the gi+numbers and it has this open area in the back that looks like a computer plug could go into it. Also a phone plug(not used) and what looks like a USB plug(also not used. It has a short cable going from one cable inlet to another right next to each other...then the cable that goes from the t.v.to the box and a cable that goes from the main outside. It also has a slot in the front that looks like the ones in the satelite boxes. Its a Motorola and we're supposidly ordering the PPV movies with the remote. I just found a Jerrold General Instrument digital box thats smaller and has hook-ups kind of like the old analog boxes but it has a covered square that says phone on the back and alot of the same writing. It has a tiny square hole that says on and off and when you look inside the hole I can see the little switch. Can anybody give me any input on these? Is there anything I can do to get the movie channels? Don't really care about the PPV's. Thanks h50

Good Work Genius
Unregistered guest
John Doe,
Wow you are a freaking genius. Millions of dollars go into making cable boxes secure and you can break the security with a "double connector", not too mention that high tech diagram you drew. Wow, bet they didn't see that coming. I can't imagine all the sleepless nights and hard work you put into this idea. All the cable box designers must be pretty embaressed being that you broke their security with a 99 cent radio shack connector. Hats off to you John Doe. Bravo.....Bravo....

Post Number: 3
HEY Good Work Genius, Hey moron I have something for that big mouth of yours and it isn't more food. HAHA If you would have looked at past posts you would have seen that diagram was produced by another member. But, I forgot your a genius so you would have already Known that. Figures a Moron would consider himself a Genius. HAHA

Username: Anonymous2

I have been reading off this board for quite a while now. I have also gotten a lot of help from other peoples posts. And in all that time this is the first time I have read a post that ridicude someone that was just trying to learn how to beat the cable businesses just like all of us here. Everyone of us started out at some point not knowing the simplest thing about hacking. So I suggest you remember that you at one time were a newbie.

needing advice
Unregistered guest
A friend of mine has high speed internet and was getting basic cable free for the last several years by just plugging the cable into the back of the tv (no converter box).The tv part of the cable recently stopped working so we went to look in the box in the alley and saw where the cable company had installed a 2 inch long cylinder on the line to the house that obiously blocks the video signal. I have a couple of questions.

-can the cable company tell if he removes the filter without physically inspecting the box?

-what are the odds that they actually will physically inspect the box?

-if he waits a couple of weeks and removes the filter, is it safer?

- are there places you can buy a dummy filter that looks like what they installed but allows the video signal through(the filer is stamped with #SNBR 2-78E 344)?

Thanks for any help you smart folks can give him.

Anonymous

Need Advise, go up the posts to John Doe he asked a simular question a couple of days ago. The response he received is just below his post. You be the judge as to whether it is true or not.

Post Number: 4
OK, I hope you guys have had your fun now about the drawing. Can anyone tell me or show me if there is a way to hook up the cables with the filter in the line, without getting busted?

Username: Hwaiii50

North Highlands, Ca. U.S.A.

Post Number: 2
I asked a question about a couple of boxes I got and I got back this rude thing about a diagram that I sent..calling me a stupid F**king moron. I didn't send out any drawings..only a question about a couple of boxes that I have. This is the first time i've been here recommded by a friend that knows most of the good and informative sites. I guess he hadn't been to this one long enough to realize the rudeness that goes on here. I'll do you a favor and let him know. Thanks alot...H50

Cable for Free
Unregistered guest
For The moron that said " To Place a Cable box into a microwave for 60 sec in order to get free cable " I am just wondering what are you guys smoking,I could use some of it.

Silver Member
Username: Spawnedd

Post Number: 153
if you want data and firmware #,on your box,,go to on your remote..hit main>main menu>setup>cable box>ok/select on remote>see config>curser to right.

dangnabit
Unregistered guest
whats smokin is the box.

Tommy Phelps
Unregistered guest
I tried to fix the drawing so now everybody can understand it .......Hope this helps everybody

Input
|
|
|------------|<<sp
|............|_____CYCLINDER___
|.............................................|
|............ __________________|
|------------|<<sp
|
|
-
TV Hookup

sp is the splitter

Post Number: 5
Hey Tommy, you are a real Gentleman. Thanks. The question now is (DOES IT REALLY FOOL THE CABLE COMPANY) Regardless Thanks again Tom

Username: Danzig

My friend has a descrambler(basic analog cable) and i go over there to watch Wrestling PPV(please no jokes...lol). On that channel the sound comes in and goes out. Other people i talked to also have the same problem on that channel(78). What causes this and are there new boxes out there that can correct this?

sumyunggy
Unregistered guest
In regards to the Tommy Phelps drawing, why not just use one splitter? On one side install the filter inline to the cable modem and use the other side straight to a cable ready tv? Wouldn't that provide the same functionality?

For example:

Input
|---Filter----Modem
---------|<<sp
|------------------TV

wow10189
Unregistered guest
are they busting people in this artice for scientific atlanta boxes or digital/HD boxes ?

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/news/121404_nw_comcast.html

Unregistered guest
I been working for Comcast for 3 years. You can not get busted for taking of the internet filter. You do not have to go thru all that BS with 2 splitters. Just take it off. Comcast head end cannot confirm that the filter has been removed. Anyone have any ?'s feel free to ask an expert.

wow10189
Unregistered guest
can you answer my question ?

Lord of the Digital
Unregistered guest
We need a dummy with money to go to this website http://www.newinternetsavings.com/converter.html
and buy a digital cable box and let the forum knows, if the box there, are working and fully compatible with the digital cable.

Post Number: 6
Thanks Cabledr, I never claimed to be a genius. I am glad to see someone else agrees with me that all you really have to do is remove the filter and put a double connector in the line to get advanced basic.(no HBO or similar channels or PPV)Hardest part is getting in the box without breaking the lock on it, so they don't know you have been tampering with it. Once I got the box opened, I figured I would just try the double connector and see if it might work, and it did. As long as you don't have to call in because of a problem your home free. Be carefull opening the box, if you bugger up their lock, your a dead give away.

wonderin'
Unregistered guest
thats sounds kinnda risky. What happens if you get caught ? go to jail or judt get a small fine ?

Unregistered guest
canned for 2 months

Post Number: 7
Like I said, if you open the box without messing up the lock so bad that a cable installer can spot that you have been tampering with it, your OK. What are the odds of these guys going around opening boxes that look fine? Life is a risk.Or you can always just pay $50 something a month. And cabledr claims that have no way of tracking it. So it's beleive him or just take the chance anyway.Besides what's a couple months in the SH--ter anyway if you get caught. LOL

LOL
Unregistered guest
they have cable at the SH--ter anyway

Post Number: 8
Hey, that's right and it is free!!!!!!!

Anonymous

yeah right ....... you get fed and can watch all the TV you want.....

you jerks should be in SNL

Post Number: 9
Hey Anonymous, if your the same guy that posted earlier with all the swearing. Chill out!!! All you do is critize people on this forum. You must lead a very miserable life to constantly come on here and have nothing really good or nice to say. In fact why do you even bother to read the posts here if you think we are jerks. I am sure the rest of the readers feel the same way about your snide remarks.

res
Unregistered guest
Hey guys, just got comcast digital cable (basic service) and an International channel. I saw the cable tech put a silver cylinder (filter) on the "amplifier" which supply the signals for the entire street. The "amp" is actually located on the ground right next to the sidewalk, with a big plastic box covering it (not locked). After readin the earlier posts, I get the fact that if the cyclinder is remove i could get extended cable service (includin espn, tnt, tbs, etc.) My question is if comcast will notice the filter is off. Do they really audit the box often? (The tech told me that they audit it often). And what are the consequences if caught? (Canned 2 months, fined?

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
cable is two way,in other words thats how they got gotti,dont be surprised if the catv company has a wire tap to your residentsy thru your box i.e camera and audio,if you can get in demand,then they can get evidence the same way.

wow15697
Unregistered guest
so if you have an old box like the one my buddy has then they can see what you are watching ? even on an old scientific atlanta box ? how do they know you just arent some moron who falls asleep with odd channels on ?

Unregistered guest
yes they can watch what you are wtching on your tv, like if your watchin P0RN they will know . and also catv keeps a record of wahat shows people watch and they sell that infurmation to the marketing markets. a friend of mine opened the box and he found the little green sucker they use for spying on you.

Anonymous

Since those HSD video traps only ATTENUATE i.e. turn down the signal to the point where it is not visible, would it be possible to just install an inline amplifier to amplify the signales the trap has attenuated? Effectively restoring them to their original intensity and allowing the user to view them?

Mac 2005
Unregistered guest
I recently bought a Motorola DCTT/2244/1661/ACDE off of Ebay. I subscribe to Adelphia digital cable (incl premium channels) and thought this would let me have a second TV where we could get these channels. When powered on the unit goes to all of the basic channels, but no guide, menu etc and it displays the time as though it were still in the former owner's time zone. Can this be made to work or was this just wasted time and money? Thanks for any help you can give.

Anonymous

If the box has been previously subbed and hasn't been authorized by your cable co. then it's a paperweight. The mac address on your box needs to be authed by your cable co. to get any channels

Missy Kison
Unregistered guest
Hi
How can I determine if I have digital or analog signal from Comcast here in Fort Myers? Call and ask them? Any other way? I get free channel 2><98
in my condo complex.(believe me I pay plenty in my monthly association fees-600) Thanks Missy

Anonymous

Guys just tell me if its possible to get comcast internet for free and free cable with all the channel . . .to much reading in here ! people who have has free interent, cable from comcast please post how you did it and all!

Mac2005
Unregistered guest
Anonymous, I have some swamp land to sell you

Anonymous

Maybe you would like photos instead of all those words.
Would you like one of us to come over and hook it up for you too?????
That's one of the problems with today's youth, they want instant gratification.

Anonymous

what a selfish old fart

what a bitter guy
Unregistered guest
yeah .... guess he has no friends nor family .......and he's gonna spend X-mas all alone by himself

Anonymous

Your both wrong I am not old and I have a lot of friends & family. What I don't have is a lazy bone. It doesn't take a lot of time or effort to do a little research on this forum. All you have to do is scroll up and down and read. How much easier can it get. He's probably 30 years old still living at home and having his mom wipe his butt for him. Get real!!! Did you 2 guys ask someone else to do the reading for you??? Or did you just read the previous posts like the rest of us?Hey, I don't mind helping someone and either do the rest of the people on this forum.I am sorry but to come on here whining that there is to much to read is just plan laziness.

Anonymous

I am not old & I do have friends and family. What I don't have is a lazy bone. How much easier can it get? All a person has to do is scroll up and down and read. But this guy is probably 30 years old, still living at home with Mom, and she is still wiping his butt for him. You 2 guys read the previous posts like the rest of us. Hey, don't get me wrong, I will try and help anyone as much as I can on this forum just like many other people here would. But to come on and whine like a baby that there is to much to read! Get a life.

Anonymous

Well, I took the time to read all of the poosts on this forum, and it appears to me as though no one really provided a fool proof method of getting cable without paying for it. IBack in the old days I climbed the poles etc. and got cable for myself and my friends, and even got free pay channels ie. sho, hbo, cinemax. It appears to me that the cable companies have finally gotten their level of technology up to a level that the average consumer can't pirate cable. I have Comcast in the East Bay and high speed internet. I used to get basic cable for free just by splitting the signal from my cable internet to my tv. Now I only get like 5 channels when I do this, and only two of those are clear. From what I have read that means that there is probably a filter on my line that can be removed,. if I do that will comcast bust me, or will it go unnoticed?

Anonymous

Anonymous, go back and check out what Cabledr has to say (Posted on Wednesday, December 15, 2004 - 12:06 am) then read down to what John Doe has to say. Then be your own judge as to what you want to try. I did it and it worked. Good Luck.

Belly
Unregistered guest
Does Anyone know, How can I get Free p o r n Channels, I am on vacation beginning today and am really in the mood...

Anonymous

Belly, stand in front of your bedroom mirror.

what are hands for
Unregistered guest
maybe if you get laid, it will go away

Fat Bertha
Unregistered guest
h-job ...... $10
b-job ...... $20
full service ..... $50

Swordfish
Unregistered guest
Yep, It's the time of the year again, where we need to stay away from the computer and spend some quality time with the family. we have been fighting for almost a year to blow away the cable co., apparently, they blow us away. Hopefully, 2005 will bring us a solution on how to screw those suckers (Cable Company).
Well, Merry Christmas to everyone, including the Free P O R N Channel people.

Last, but not least, "Fat Bertha" appears to be a Veteran, I would like to know, how long she has been in that Business.

Username: Raven98030

Kent, Wa Usa

I just got digital cable filter where do put it? Do I put it Cable in from the wall but I have a Spliter because I have cable internet.I pay $157.00 a month and it is to much now.I can not got satellite I stay in apartment.

Confused young'n
Unregistered guest
what about satillite service i kno ppl that can get me free satilite service can i get thier internet and tv service for only paying for the internet

Double R
Unregistered guest
if anyone is looking for a star key, the kind used to open lock boxes and pedestals, i'm selling one on eBay. the auction closes 12/30/04. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D5740350867%26

Username: Fct505

My friend has a High-Isolation A/B Switch which is wired to his tv.( http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=15-1217 ) And a c*ble de*cr*m*l*r hook up. When he was normal chanels he hits A and HBO Cinmax and other stuff he hits B. ive have tried this my self and have failed. can anyone help me with this???? I have a cabl* desc*am*ble* box which i boiught on ebay. it is a Coolmax platium. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39804%26item%3D5739041698 %26

Anonymous

Where can i get a TV-86 box? i heard they work with A/B switchs

Anonymous

Paying for comcast cable broadband internet $58 per month. Pulled cable from modem and plugged into back of TV and im getting quite a few cable channels but most are fuzzy. Outside, my cable comes from the pole and is nailed to my house where it is curled up and goes through what looks like an ordinary female connector which has small screws on it that tie it to the house. I have an orange tag which says HFI, and a green square tag that is tied to the ground wire warning not to remove the ground. Is this a simple by-pass by looping with another splitter and reusing the filter? Can they tell if I unhook the filter momentarily?

Anonymous

Sorry, the orange tag says "HSD"....I guess that's "high speed digital". Anyway, tried taking out the female splitter and it didn't help. Looks as though it was for the grounding only as the green ground wire was screwed into it. Funny thing was, the green wire went just into my attic between the siding and wasn't tied to anything. I guess the guy was just covering his back side. I looked up on the pole and my wire doesn't go right into the plate with 4 inlets, it goes above that into a long cylinder. I guess that's where they are filtering me from not getting free basic TV even though I'm paying for broadband. Any suggestions?

bbbbbbbb
Unregistered guest
How can I get free standard cable channels like espn and fsn and csn. I only get antenna channels like abc cbs and fox.

lloydee
Unregistered guest
hi i have a motorola digital cable box i have been recieving it open for like 8mnths and all of a sudden we are just getting the basic channels on it any idea how to make it open again

Unregistered guest
newinternetsavings.com - Scammers - Beware!!

http://www.complaints.com/directory/2004/september/24/25.htm

Swordfish
Unregistered guest
Thank You 411 for sharing this information with us. I, myself was thinking to do business with this web site. Now, since I know the truth about them, before they can get my money, they will have to suck my dick.

Broke Student
Unregistered guest
Check out the post by annonymous Posted on Monday, December 27, 2004 - 02:50 pm

I think this must be Comcasts latest thing on how to stop us from stealing internet. I spent a ton of time splitting the cable outside so I didnt have to deal with wiring inside. Then I discovered the same thing, a couple fuzzy channels but no true cable. I just checked outside and found the same set up with the green ground wire, the HSD tag and the female connector. Ive looked at the telephone pole but havent really been able to tell exactly whats going on but it sounds like an identical set up to the one previously mentioned. Ive got everything split to all my TVs and I just need to get the signal. Any help would be appreciated.

And dont bother giving me crap about not checking the signal before I wasted all that time, Im kicking myself enough already.

Unregistered guest
Hi gang:-) I am looking for some help in very very layman's terms. When I moved into my home a couple of years ago. The cable guy came to do my new service install. He said that I was already hooked up with HBO and Cinemax from the previous owners.
He said that the box on the house was messed up and he could not get in so I would be getting those channels free. I asked would someone else be coming out to change he said probably not. He was a subcontractor and I was told very swamped with work. Needless to say I was very happy since I could only afford digital basic after spending all I had to buy home. Well later they came out with that VOD and my teenage daughter started playing around with it. She learned that we could get all the VOD movies for HBO and cinimax, But what surprised me was that we could get Showtime, and Starz too. Not the channels but at least the movies on VOD. NOW I don't know if that was a result in us ordering DSL or did it just occur when we went with DSL Internet service.
But last week it all of a sudden it stopped working. I Can still get HBO but not Cinemax since hey moved it from channel 2 to ??. BUT Now I can't get any VOD premium channels. I can't figure out what happen. VOD has been working for over a year and Poof nothing!!! I already pay 100 bucks a month.... I hope I don't have to fork out another $50 or $60 since I have been so spoiled!! ANY SUGESSTIONS ON HOW I CAN GET IT BACK??
Thanks for any help you guys throw my way!!!
Sincerely,
Tammy

Username: Angelonbreak

Hi gang:-) I am looking for some help in very very layman's terms. When I moved into my home a couple of years ago. The cable guy came to do my new service install. He said that I was already hooked up with HBO and Cinemax from the previous owners.
He said that the box on the house was messed up and he could not get in so I would be getting those channels free. I asked would someone else be coming out to change he said probably not. He was a subcontractor and I was told very swamped with work. Needless to say I was very happy since I could only afford digital basic after spending all I had to buy home. Well later they came out with that VOD and my teenage daughter started playing around with it. She learned that we could get all the VOD movies for HBO and cinimax, But what surprised me was that we could get Showtime, and Starz too. Not the channels but at least the movies on VOD. NOW I don't know if that was a result in us ordering DSL or did it just occur when we went with DSL Internet service.
But last week it all of a sudden it stopped working. I Can still get HBO but not Cinemax since hey moved it from channel 2 to ??. BUT Now I can't get any VOD premium channels. I can't figure out what happen. VOD has been working for over a year and Poof nothing!!! I already pay 100 bucks a month.... I hope I don't have to fork out another $50 or $60 since I have been so spoiled!! ANY SUGESSTIONS ON HOW I CAN GET IT BACK??
Thanks for any help you guys throw my way!!!
Sincerely,
Tammy

your name
Unregistered guest
i recently got high speed internet and limited basic cable. how do i get extended basic. I checked the line and there doesn't seem to be any traps or filters on it. There's 4 plugs to each side up the pole and mines pluged derictly in while all the other plugs have empty filters in them. If I moved it to a different plug could it get extended? I don't use a box so whats the deal?

Unregistered guest
SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA
EXPLORER 4200
IT POSSIBLE TO UNLOCK ALL CHANNELS WITH
CABLEVISION DIGITAL CABLE ?
JBotaqui@aol.com
thank

Anonymous

WELL HAS ANYONE THOUGHT TO JUST GET A DIGITAL BOX FROM THEIR SERVICE PROVIDER, REMOVE THE "CHIP" AND PLACE IT IN A MOTOROLA OR GENERAL INSTRUMENTS DCT??? THE CHIP IS THE KEY, RESPONSIBLE FOR GETTING ALL THE CHANNELS!!!!!! 2NDLY, WHEN DIGITAL CABLE WAS IN THE PROCESS, THE VERY FIRST DIGITAL BOX WAS THE CFT 2200 SERIES BY GI, WELL ONCE THE CABLE PROVIDERS REALIZED THAT, THEY CAME UP WITH THE DCT. HOWEVER, THE CFT 2200 SERIES, NOT ONLY GOES TO CHANNEL 99 BUT WITH THE UPGRADED CHIP, THE CFT 2200 SERIES CAN GO UP TO 244 CHANNELS!!!!! HOWEVER I'M NOT SURE IF YOU CAN PIC UP ANY DIGITAL CHANNELS, BUT IT'S SOMETHING TO LOOK INTO AND YOU CAN PURCHASE THE UPGRADED CHIP. JUST PLUG IN "TEST CHIPS" ON YOUR SEARCH ENGINE!!!

ALSO, IS ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH WWW.NEWINTERNETSAVINGS.COM OR
WWW.USCABLECOM.COM AND IF SO DO THESE BOXES REALLY WORK!!!!!!!

THANKS

BOB WILLARDS
Unregistered guest
HELLO. MY NAME IS BOB WILLARDS AND THIS MORNING I SAW A CABLE GUY WORKING ON A BOX NEAR MY HOUSE. I ASKED HIM WHAT HAPPENS IF SOMEBODY REMOVES TH METALLIC CILINDER THAT IS LIKE A DEVICE FOR THE CABLE CO. TO CHARGE YOU FOR PPV. HE TOLD ME THAT HE COULD REMOVE IT IF I GAVE HIM 50 DOLLARS AND I COULD WATCH ALL THE CHANNELS FOR A FULL YEAR.I DIDNT HAVE THAT MONEY WITH ME SO I TOLD HIM WE COULD MEET TOMORROW TO HAVE THAT DONE.

BOB WILLARDS
Unregistered guest
MY QUESTION IS IF I COULD GET IN TROUBLE IF THE CABLE CO. FINDS OUT ABOUT THE MISSING METALLIC CILINDER.

THANK YOU FOR ANY ADVICE

BOB WILLARDS

Anonymous

BOB WILLARDS tell us if it works.I would pay that and tell my girl to shark it for the man one time.

Anonymous

Bob, the both of you will go to jail. You will be sorry when the local police drive up in front of your house and start walking up to your door. I've seen it happen several times here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. A guy down the street from me was arrested last summer because he bribed the cable guy to come out and do exactly what your talking about. The employee told his company and they sent the police out and videotaped the transaction and the guy was arrested on the spot before the tech went up the pole. Made the local news - police say they are busting more and more people doing exactly what your talking about. It ain't free BOB !!!

Anonymous

Bring them police on man...I'm ready YEEEEE HAWWWW, I pay for my cable man!!

Anonymous

BOB WILLARDS, You are under arrest. You have the right to an attorney. You also have the right to go to JAIL and not pass GO or collect $200 cable dollars.

Your damn right you'll get in trouble !!!! IDIOT

SR
Unregistered guest
They have a special cyclinder detector BOB. It's programmed to know when you mess with it. THEN THEY CAN COME ARREST YOUR STUPID ARSSS !! Cable thief.

Just do it
Unregistered guest
BOB WILLARDS .......... If the cops come, just say your wife did it ....... Its a win-win situation.

NO MAAM
Unregistered guest
Free cable and get rid of the misses.
Brilliant!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
WWW.NEWINTERNETSAVINGS.COM

yea go ahead and leave your name to the fbi,or cable company

blondyy
Unregistered guest
Hi guys, i have a high speed internet modem and i receive 78 channels. my question is that is there a filter out there that can give me more channels? p.s help.

Anonymous

WWW.USCABLECOM.COM

CLAIM TO HAVE DIGITAL DCT!!!!!!

THANK YOU !
Unregistered guest
THANKS FOR THAT HELPFUL ADVICE !
SEE... I WAS GETTIN A DIVORCE,,,,,,BUT NOW I'LL JUST LOOK FOR A CABLE GUY.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us