DVI Not Working!!!

Pete
Unregistered guest
Just upgraded to HDTV with Directv and have a Sony KV32HS510 with a Samsung SIR TS360 HD receiver. Both have DVI and component connections. I have both hooked up and on Video 6, component works and gives a great picture but on Video 7, the DVI input, picture is just black. I have sound through the Digital Coax but no picture. Video 6 works fine with components. Tried changing DVI cables from the $100 monster cables I bought to the cheaper ones that came with receiver but still no picture. Am I doing something wrong or does it sound that either the TV or receiver DVI mechanism is damaged?

Bronze Member
Username: Vindsl

Post Number: 72
Sounds like a classic mismatch. What you are experiencing is called 'black crush.' If there is an adjustment for 'black level' on your Sammy, you might get it working, but I doubt that you'll be happy with the picture quality.

My recommendation is to forget about DVI and use component instead. Component will probably give you the best PQ anyway...

mcnam9
Unregistered guest
I had the same problem. Try pressing the "output" button on the front of the receiver -- it is not on the remote.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us