Uploading pictures to ipod

Anonymous

how can i do that ? .. itunes doesnt have the option .. what other programs do i need to perform the action ?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3281
have you read the manual that came with the iPod? Have you been to the iPod website?

Try those first.

Michelle D
Unregistered guest
i have tired to upload picture to my new 30 gb ipod. i read the manual. i have no trouble connecting or uploading songs but when i try to upload photos, it says "the ipod cannot be updated. an unkown error has occurred (-48)" i don't understand this. it says the ipod cannot be updated even after it updates the songs. it just won't work for pictures. someone PEASE help

Anonymous

Do you have an ipod photo, cause then it should appear in the ipod settings. if not then it doesn't work

PetePod
Unregistered guest
dude... here is how you do it..Go to itunes
Edit - preferances - ipod tab - photo tab
Now select the folder you want to upload photos from and upload them.. then sync ipod.. all the photos will be there.. photos look awsome on 30GB new iPod

namelessness
Unregistered guest
how about removing the pics from the ipod? how do you do that?

Ginger S
Unregistered guest
i've figured out how to get pictures on my ipod, but how do you delete them? someone PLEASE help!

Hannah
Unregistered guest
the way i delete (not sure if its the right way but yeah)
I made a separate folder with all the pictures i wanted to add to my ipod when i first put them on and copied and pasted the pics i wanted into the folder. So now i just delete them out of the folder by going back into everything as if i was going to add more photos and just click on the folder to add it back into the ipod with the photos i deleted gone.
Hope you can understand that, im sure someone else must have a better way.

Unregistered guest
how do you delte them??? your not very clear...it tell me it cannot write to the ipod..

addicted2_nano
Unregistered guest
Sorry hanna, but i like don't understand it....... =[... so, does n e 1 else kno how to delete the songs in the ipod?

Unregistered guest
I have tried to put photos on my 30gb video but it says that the files or folders aren't found when they are anyone know what is wrong? cheers

Malory
Unregistered guest
Ok deleting your ipod photos. If you're like me, then you accidently added your pictures to your ipod somehow. What I did, is I have all my pictures in folders and when I connected my ipod to the computer it started downloading the pictures to my ipod. So I pushed the skip button before all my pictures were on there. What you do is you go your itunes, and theres a little button that looks like an ipod down below that says display ipod options. click on it and some options should come up. If you have your pictures on your computer in folders, your folder names will come up. Click on the folders you want, and make sure you click the option of copy select folders only. itunes will begin to put those pictures on your ipod and the other ones that were there will disapear. Some how this is what happened to me. I hope this helps some people. I don't know if this will work for you but it did for me and those steps are exactly what i did. Let me know if this helps.

chrispeet
Unregistered guest
Does anybody know if its possible to load a whole DVD film onto an Ipod?
If so how.
Thanks Chris

gp_60_ca
Unregistered guest
I am also trying to upload my pics on my ipod. I don't have the photo tab option in my itunes preferences. Do I need a converter first? This should be fairly easy but its not working on my 60G.

Unregistered guest
Dear Chris,

My friend knows a link that sells some system for 30$ that converts full length DVDS onto your ipod. I can find out for you. You can e-mail me at foojoo326@aol.com so i dont forget

Unregistered guest
IF you want to delete the photos already there on the iPod all you have to do is un-check the option " Synchronise photos from" and then iTunes will ask ya if you want to delete the pics already there in the iPod...yes...for deleting...no if you changed your mind..

Unregistered guest
AND if you are wondering what options i am talking about...click Edit...then Preferences...then iPod then Photos..there you will find "Sync....from"

isabel
Unregistered guest
pls help me since i connected my mp3 (creative MuVo N200 512MB) the volume is stuck on very loud and won't change. volume works fine for the radio. what can i do plz help me someone!

isabel
Unregistered guest
pls help me since i connected my mp3 (creative MuVo N200 512MB) to a pair of computer speakers the volume is stuck on very loud and won't change. volume works fine for the radio. what can i do plz help me someone!

Anonymous

Chris!
There is a website that teaches you how to convert full length dvd's to your iPod...it kills your battery! but if you're determined to do it...
the link is www.videora.com

Unregistered guest
If you sycronize will it delete all your music? because it took me a really long time to set up all my music and I dont want to mess it up.

PUZZY MASTER
Unregistered guest
DAMN NERDS...YOU DONT NEED TO PUT UR P0RN ON YOUR IPOD JUST GET UR AZZES OUT THERE AND GET SOME POOOOOSSSSAAAAYYY!

YouAllNeedHelp
Unregistered guest
The videora thing is great. Thanks whoever it was.

Also to delete photos from an Ipod, you just DELETE the photo from the file on your computer of which holds those photos. Then you simply re-load the folder onto your ipod, after the photos that you do not like are deleted from the folder.
Hope it helps.

Last comment, haha.

YouAllNeedHelp
Unregistered guest

Also to delete photos from an Ipod, you just DELETE the photo from the file on your computer of which holds those photos. Then you simply re-load the folder onto your ipod, after the photos that you do not like are deleted from the folder.
Hope it helps.

Last comment, haha.

YouAllNeedHelp
Unregistered guest

Hope it helps.

Last comment, haha.

jdbrand
Unregistered guest
hi...i got a problem when im trying to upload my photo into my 30gb ipod video..it turns up to have an error and this will appears averytime i try to upload my photo into my ipod:- "the ipod cannot be updated.the disk could not be read from or written to." can anyone please help me and tell me why is this happened...i've tried to copy all the photos into a new folder ang just try to upload that folder but the same thing happens..please tell me what i should do...

Username: Wrm50

New Jersey USA

Post Number: 1
I removed photos from my iPod video by selecting the button that says use selected folders only. It cleaned out all the other photos I accidentally put in the first time.

Username: Melzg522

Umm.. I would Like to know if there is any free programs you can download to get videos and movies to your iPod video??

Username: Nandateen

TO convert any movie file to ipod format(*.mp4),try tis software...[xilisoft ipod video converter]i can able to convert any movie file to ipod format...if u have LIME WIRE P2P s/w try to download cracked version frm there..enjoy the movies in ipod...

Username: Neoknight

San Francisco, Calafornia U.S.A

damn. i put some photos i don't need in there and now i don't know how to delete them. how do you delete them from your ipod and how to you make your pics into a slideshow? -.-" one more question :-( um. what "sync" button. sorry i'm a noob at ipods i need help!!! PLZ SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!

Username: Lvescan

Post Number: 2
I Have an 30G IPod. Can anyone tell me how can i delete some photo (not all), add new ones (without deleting the existent ones)? Something like managing the mp3 files....
Another qst: How can i make a bakup of what i have on my ipod, save it to a disk (CD, DVD)...and preloaded sometimes later...?

Username: Wrm50

New Jersey USA

Red Chair Software has an excellent program called Anapod. It allows your iPod to be seen in Windows Explorer just like any drive. It cost $25 to $30 and it's worth it. You can access any of the subdirectories on your iPod to add or move songs, videos and photos.

Post Number: 3
i downloaded a trial version of Anapod but as i saw the pictures are managed exacltly like using iTunes. What I mean is that uploading some picture will delete first de existing ones. Or am I wrong?

Username: Mushroomman

Toronto, Ontario Canada

You guys are morons to add videos to your ipod go to itunes drag the video from limewire in the itunes library, right click and press convert song then it will fukin update into the ipod. the real question is does anyone know why this happened: i put a video on my ipod and it became shorter than the regular video and its missing all the best doggie positions on the video how do i get the full length video on the ipod.

Username: Novice1

A really quick question... I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to get your photos from your Ipod to your computer. We have bought a lead that transfers your photos from your camera to your ipod but not sure how we are going to get them from the Ipod to the computer... Is it possible and if How do you do it??

Username: Jenn515

i need help i keep trying to download my pictures onto my ipod i tryed following what you already wrote to someone but i need help cuz it says either your ipod cannot be updated because it doesn't have the required files or it says unable to update ipod error (-1450) so does anyone know how to help me out here

Username: Brghtbear

Wilmington, DE United States

Two programs will let you put DVD's on your ipod. Or just one (however you choose to do it). Handbrake http://handbrake.fr/ and Videora Ipod Converter.

Handbrake is for MAC and Videora is for Windows (I have both boxes networked). Handbrake conerts dvds but you have to convert them in itunes or videora. Videora is for converting other formats to ipod. Read about them and have fun. I like both programs and they are both freeware.

Username: Ipodlove

my video ipod has pics on it and i know how to get it there.but then when i try to add more pics,the ones that were on there in the past always deletes.then idk how to get other pics in diff folders on the ipod bc sometimes it will do that.if anyone knows any answers to those question,thanks and ill ttyl.

Username: Punkie_08

Hey guys...I was just thinkin say if u dwnload a song from limewire & it has artwork/a photo attached 2 it..can u delete it? Thanks x

Username: Emmilypeake

I'm using a different computer because my other one died- I have about 200 something pictures on my ipod.

I'm looking to download them onto my new compter- if anyone knows if you can or cannot do this .... any info will help.

Username: Arajobs

There is another way to delete all or some folder from your 30 GB Ipod photo. Just go to itunes. Attach your Ipod to your mac. Then you will see in Itunes your IPOD as "My IPOD". Now click on "MY IPOD" and at the same time click on CTRL button. A small menu will appear. Goto IPOD OPTIONS. Now click on the PHOTO submenu. Now you can choose whether or not synchronize your pictures. If you uncheck synchronize ALL your pictures on IPOD will be deleted. You can also choose some folder to synchronize from Iphoto.
I tried that and it works.
Hope this could help.

Mario

Italy will win the World Cup tonight !

Username: Henningc

I uploaded pictures from my computer to my iPod, but the pictures do not fill the iPod screen. How do I get the pictures to fill the entire iPod screen?

Username: Blessedberserker

I GOT SOME MUSIC VIDEOS FROM LIMEWIRE, HOW DO I CONVERT THEM TO MY IPOD. I TRIED CONVERTING THEM FROM MY ITUNES SCREEN AND ALL I GET IS VISUAL NO AUDIO.

Username: Abi_92

hey evry1 does anyone know how i can put photos on a 30GB ipod video??

Gold Member

Post Number: 8836
Have you read the manual that came with the iPod?

Post Number: 4
Mario....I'm using my IPod on PC not on a MAC...but i still have that PHOTO submenu....but i'm not agree with you...Every time you want to upload photos on your IPod the ones that are on your IPod will be deleted first...then the new ones will be upload it.
The big question is : Can i manage photos as I do with the mp3's?

Username: Irene

Argentina

I've put some photos on my 30G and now I can't get them to my computer?? please help me!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9033
You need to use your iPod as a storage drive...go here:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61131

Username: Taliacrews

how do i put music videos on my 30g like i try to dra them from limewire and like some dont go in my itunes libray

PLEASE HELLPP MEE!!

?????

Gold Member

Post Number: 9187
Like make sure the videos are in like the proper format like the ones that iPod can like play.

Check the accepted video programs on your itunes, see if they are compatible. If not you cannot like play them.
:-)

Username: Self_centered

I have a PC and a 30GB iPod Video and to get my pics on I have to open open iTunes and at the bottom there is a picture of an iPod it says "Display iPod options" ...click that... a box will appear with diffrent things. Go to 'iPod' on the top row (it's the second option, right after 'General')then in the bottom row underneath it you click 'Photos' (it's the third option right next to 'Podcasts'). From there you can click 'synchronize photos from:' ... then a drop down menu appears for you to choose any floder of photos. When you select a floder, you can either put them all in your iPod or choose any single pictures you want. I hope that helps a little bit for anyone who is still having any problems.
:-) Good Luck!

Username: Pia

^
the iPod icon on the bottom left-corner of my iTunes does not have any options at all--no iPod option or even General option.PLEASE HELP ME!

Username: Kkimstephy

I clicked on:
Edit and then preferences
but I didn't see an iPod section..
I can't do anything with a folder because the pictures were put onto my iPod from a different computer..

Username: Master_ipodder

I found out how to do it! It's very easy, and simple.

1) Plug in your iPod.
2) Go to "My Computer"
3) Double Click the iPod drive.
4) Open the folder "Photos"
5) Delete the file "Photo Database".

Note: When you delete the file "Photo Database", all your photos will be deleted from your iPod.

Have fun! :-)

Username: Kkimstephy

Well, I went to that but I didn't see a Photo Database thing.

I moved pictures into the Photo folder of the iPod section.
The photos show up on my computer, but not on the iPod..

Username: Master_ipodder

Sorry, since I couldn't upload them because the files were too "big," view them at the photobucket website.

Step 1: http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/EverquestTPPC/Step1iPod.jpg

Step 2: http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/EverquestTPPC/Step2iPod.jpg

Step 3 (Final step/deleting photos step): http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/EverquestTPPC/Step3iPod.jpg

Username: Chula11783

I saw that other people have asked this question but so far no answers. I have a lot of pictured on my 30g ipod that I want to put on my compter. They were on my old computer which died so this is my only access to these photos. I have searched hi and low but cannot seem to find how this would be possible. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it. These pictures mean a lot to me.

Username: Pavirajan_1983

Hey guys anything with regard to fotos upload, editing and deletion of fotos into IPOD you can refer to this page...
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/the-complete-guide-to-ipod-ph oto-pictures/

Username: Peachiemarie

ok heres the thing..... i ahve the latest version of itunes and ive searched the whole library.. read the manuall and looked all over itunes.com and i still cant figure out how to put photos on my ipod because itunes doesnt have the option:-(
someone help please!!}

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12098
What generation is your iPod? How old?

Username: Taurinez168

Why are all these morons asking questions on this site??? Just go to http://www.apple.com/support/ipod101/ and all you questions will be answered by the company that makes the products, Duh!!

Username: Peachiemarie

its brand new

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12118
Do this first:

Make a new folder on your computer and designate it to just hold pictures that you want on your iPod.

For example "iPod Pictures"

Put all the pictures you want on this folder and nothing else.

Once you've done that, we'll go from there.

Username: Confuzzed

I really need help. see, i got a new computer for christmas and nothing is on it, none of my old pics, or anything. i downlaoded i tunes and got all the music figured out but i am wondering if there is a way to copy or take the pictures from the ipod and put them onto my computer so they arnt erased.\
please help!!!!

okay, i got the folder ready, now what?

Post Number: 3
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! I AM SOO CONFUZED . I NEED ANSWERS AND I NEED EM NOW!!!!!!

Username: Scrubber1978

Melbourne, Victoria Australia

Hi all,
I am struggling with my ipod.
I am trying to sync my photos from IPhoto to my IPod and it keeps coming up with the message "The Ipod cannot be updated. The disk could be read from or written to."
This is frustrating cos I still have 20G free on my ipod.
Is there something that I need to do.
Cheers
Shane

Username: Xmicky5x

just make a new folder to put the pics on and the choose it from itunes

Username: Igrad

to copy ur music to ur hard disk ... u can open ipod for disk use and then open it via windows explorer/My computer.
Ensure that u hav enabled 'Show hidden files and Folders' option in the folder options.
ull see the folder ipod_control or something like that ... open it and go to ipod data ... u will find different folders ...
these folders contain all the music u have on ur ipod but their names are not the same! they hav been changed by ipod, however the metadata is same ... so u can copy the music back to ur computer!!

btw ... how can u manually upload pictures on an ipod :-) !?

Username: Igrad

one more thing ... when i sync my ipod ... it makes a folder of exactly the same size on the hard disk ! for example if i sync 20 Mbs of pics ... it makes a copy of the folder it makes in ipod on to the hard disk ! dus wastin hard disk space!
how to makeit stop :S

Username: Dianaanime

i really need to know how to put pictures on my ipod (30gb)
email me please!!!!!
diana.shevel@gmail.com

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15094
Ever read the manual?

You really need to read it....please!

Username: Dianaanime

i dont have the manual....my cousin had the ipod and then he gave it to me..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15107
It is located in the apple.com website.

Go here:
http://www.apple.com/support/manuals/ipod/

Username: Prinimisumi

i have accidently deleted
the application to upload pictures
how can i upload now?
pls hellpppp!!!!!!!!!!

Username: Amanda102

how do u add pictures on ur ipod? it says it will replase the rest and i cant put any on

Username: Nuwindy

I used my iTunes to put pictures to my iPod.

Username: Victoryox

wireless transfer app can do that if you have wifi available. it lets you transfer pics between ipod and pc with ease.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wireless-transfer-app/id543119010?mt=8
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us