IPod wont copy songs over

Closed: New threads not accepted on this page
  Thread Last Poster Posts Last Post
Archive through September 06, 2005Neil Taylor100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Unregistered guest
please help me. i have a weird situation with my 4GB mini ipod. when i hook it up to the computer it dosent read that its hooked up. i have a mac and it USED to show that i had an ipod and it would show up on the desktop. now it dosent. also it used to have a lightning bolt showing that it was charging. but now it dosent have the bolt...yet it still getc charged even though the computer says i have no ipod attached. i recently got lots of new songs and want to upload them to my ipod but itunes dosent realize its hooked up PLEASE HELP ME! mjennings@lejardinacademy.com

Anonymous

Plug the iPod to the cable, and attatch to your computer/desktop through USB port. Then, reset your iPod by holding the midde button and the menu button simultaneously.

Worked for me, hope it does for you.

Unregistered guest
I have iTunes and Limewire....all the music I download is through Limewire but i can't import the music I download into my iTunes library. Can someone please help?

Anonymous

i got an error while trying to add files manually, it said the file type was too deep?? it was just a simple mp3 too...

Username: Pukinghobo

Post Number: 1
dude, its not that hard to download the songs from your ipod to your computer. no you dont have to download any other programs to do it .

ugur
Unregistered guest
i am trying to upload music in my ipod to itunes as well but i cant see any music folder when i open my ipod drive. where the hell is all the music?

Username: Satter09

I just need help...I set up itunes on my moms computer and bought 30 songs and they transfered over to my ipod. The other day I plugged in my ipod and opened itunes and my moms playlist that she listens to on Winmix got transfered over to my itunes, erased my "bought" music from my ipod and now I have my moms Winmix music on my ipod...How do I get rid of her playlist and get the music I bought back om my ipod?

lisa123456789
Unregistered guest
i have Lime Wire music on itunes but not in the library. what "BERNY" suggested didn't work. how can i import Lime Wire music into y itunes library? please help me!

Unregistered guest
I don't have itunes because I have windows 98 but i have limewire and i'm tryin to put my songs on to my mp3 player and I don't know how!!!! Help!!!! i neda no asap plz

jojomejojo
Unregistered guest
I have the same problem i wanto gte lime wire music from lime wire onto my ipod but i have no idea ? what do i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Number: 2
well what are you doing? what i do is the songs i get off of limewire i just drag them to deck top and have itunes open and then drag the songs frm desk top itunes

Audiogal
Unregistered guest
To import LimeWire tunes into iTunes, you can either have both programs open, and simply drag the files from LimeWire (under "library") into iTunes

OR

in iTunes, click on "File" and then "add file to library", browse for the file, and it's added to iTunes.

If you don't have iTunes, you should be able to find where LimeWire saves the songs and drag or copy them to whatever program you use to update your mp3 player.

suzyq
Unregistered guest
i have a dell computer, so my ipod is already formatted to windows. i just got a new mac ibook, and i want to put my songs onto the new computer, but it tells me i can't do that without reformatting and losing all my songs. is there another way?

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4204
What other way do you think there is? Did you think that "it" was lying just out of spite? You have 2 different operating systems that are not compatible with each other. These are programs that are not made for each other.

So guess what? you have to reformat. Just back up your songs on a disk and rip it back to your iBook.

Anonymous

Hi. I would greatly appreciate anybody who could help me with this problem. I am trying to copy the songs from my iPod Nano to my iTunes; I am also using a MAC and saw somebody's suggestion of copying the files but that didn't work for me. When I open my iPod I don't see the songs. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Unregistered guest
I am trying to put all my songs from my ipod to a new computer and i need help. Sum1 pleeze help me.

Unregistered guest
I am trying to put all my songs from my ipod to a new computer and i need help. Sum1 pleeze help me.

Unregistered guest

Post Number: 3
this is how i did that to. open iTunes then hold ctrl+, a window should open you click ipod. ok then you should click manually manage songs and playlist. open my computer. click on the usb drive where your ipod it in. make sure you computer shows all the hidden files. open ipod_control they shouls be 3 folders open the folder that says " music".they should be a hell of alot of folders in that folder. part 2 in one day i got bored

Unregistered guest
Hey I think this question was kind of answered above, but I just wanna make sure. I got limewire last night, and I downloaded about 30 songs. It automatically transferred into iTunes but, when I connected my ipod to the computer those songs didn't load :-/ And for those of you with itunes [you'll kno what I'm talking about] I can't rate the songs, change the title, or drag them into another playlist. It's just like they're there and that's it. How do I get them on my ipod? I can't even burn them onto CD's!

CChumpy
Unregistered guest
Mine did this after I got a new computer... It wouldn't transfer ANY of the songs to my ipod and would continually say "DO not disconnect" on my ipod.
Once I played a new purchased song on itunes, it authorized my new computer and they all transferred! THANK GOD! *mumbles* I really hate mac stuff...grrr.

CChumpy
Unregistered guest
Mine did this after I got a new computer... It wouldn't transfer ANY of the songs to my ipod and would continually say "DO not disconnect" on my ipod.
Once I played a new purchased song on itunes, it authorized my new computer and they all transferred! THANK GOD! *mumbles* I really hate mac stuff...grrr.

Audiogal
Unregistered guest
Peacepower,

Are the songs just listed under "Limewire" or something similar in iTunes? If so, iTunes is just remembering which songs you downloaded but they have not actually been added into iTunes. You have to manually add them into the iTunes library so that you can download the songs to your iPod and edit the song info.

Anonymous

hi, i transferred my songs from limewire to my itunes, and they are visible in my library. when I autofill they are all there, but when I take my ipod out of the computer, my green status light stays on and none of the songs play...can you help me please?...

Anonymous

hi, i transferred my songs from limewire to my itunes, and they are visible in my library. when I autofill they are all there, but when I take my ipod out of the computer, my green status light stays on and none of the songs play...can you help me please?...

ipodproblemm
Unregistered guest
Hi

im thinking of getting an ipod nano for christmas, but i need to know if my songs that i have downloaded from limewire will go onto my new ipod ok? or how i can make them go on ok?
i have a normal mp3 player at the moment and limewire goes on there fine will it be the same for ipods???? can anyone help me please... :-(

many thanks

nate1
Unregistered guest
Check that it says "Note: You cannot transfer songs or playlists from iPod to iTunes." at the end of the webpage at the URL below.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=iTunesWin/4.9/en/794win.html

khabokirani
Unregistered guest
anyone who has the ipod not getting recognized problem, get ready to be relieved!!!!!!! i figured out what the problem is. okay guys check to see if your device manager is blank when you open it, if it is then you had the same problem as me! i spent hours talking to microsoft and we finally figured out a solution! the problem is the device manager which doesnt recognize the ipod. the cause of this problem is the **** windows update which downloaded this update on my computer which was causign the problem! get rid of this update from your computer and you're home free!!!!!!!! the name of update is KB905749... reply if you need help deleting this update!!! i'm so happy it's finally fixed... after i fixed this everything was normal, i did have to restore my ipod completely first though

Unregistered guest
i have a ipod nano im trying to transfer my songs from a cd over to my ipod i did exactly as it said in the instructions incert cd itunes pops up i hit export then my ipod says do not disconnect thats all it says after hours i disconnect and no songs are there HELP PLEASE

sofra
Unregistered guest
hi ... i downloaded some songs of limewire and there in itunes but i canot get them into the library.. how do i do this? plllllz can someone help me ...sophie xoxox

gotipod. needsongs
Unregistered guest
Hey I just got a ipod music video which can hold like 7500 songs and I can't get my limewire music into my itunes library. just like "sofras" message. Please help us! thanx!

reneeneedshelp
Unregistered guest
I had my ipod mini for a few months, but I havent found out how to put songs on it. I fooled around with Itunes for a bit and got a few songs on my ipod but I cant remember what I did!! All my Limewire songs are on Itunes but I dont know how to put those songs onto my ipod. When I go to "file..import" then nothing happens!! What am I doing wrong?

Unregistered guest
i have a new ipod nano and i need some songs from lime wire and i cant seem to find out how to put them on itunes...some 1 help me fast...i cant live without my favorite music!!!

Justinlaveck
Unregistered guest
ok i just got an iPod Video with 30GB and when I open iTunes there is no iPod icon and i just can't figure out how to put songs and videos into my iPod...could someone help me :-(

Unregistered guest
hi i have an ipod mini and i charged it one night and when i used it the next day and tried to listen to it ALL of my songs played with very poor quality and u can hear the beat of the songs but u can barely hear the words for all my songs. PLEASE HELP

Unregistered guest
hi i have an ipod mini and i charged it one night and when i used it the next day and tried to listen to it ALL of my songs played with very poor quality and u can hear the beat of the songs but u can barely hear the words for all my songs. PLEASE HELP

Anonymous

Lime Wire to Ipod...
1st Go to Itune preferences and make sure music is in consistant format MP3..

Go to lime wire , select your music files, right click and highlight launch.This should puts your Itunes in Ipod library.

Go to Itunes "your lime wire folders should be there" , select music files to upload to ipod

Ricky231
Unregistered guest
I have a problem with iTunes, It Just won't open...it opens, but almost a second later it closes on it's own, so i have not been able to load any songs onto my ipod!, i really need help! Please!

Erika
Unregistered guest
Hi, i'm having sort of the same problem as everyone else here. I got an ipod nano a while ago, and my songs transfer onto it fine, except for certain ones. They are the same format as the other songs and are MPEG-1 level 3 (whatever that means..) but when i try to put them on a message pops up saying that my ipod is full, but even when i empty my ipod of all other songs and try to put them in, it still says my ipod's full...even though i KNOW for sure that it isn't..why is this happening? please help me...i just want to listen to my pink floyd :-(

anonymous02
Unregistered guest
is there any other program i can use instead of iTunes to transfer songs over to my ipod!?. The reason i'm wondering is because my iTunes will not open, it only opens for about 2 seconds and closes almost immediately...so i was wondering if anyone had any information on how to get this fixed. Well if anyone does I would really appreciate if you helped! Please!

bruce64
Unregistered guest
SOLVED IT- just re add the folder. It will only add what is missing.

flatstanley
Unregistered guest
umm not sure if this helps aswell

but, when u upload ur songs, make sure, ur 'updating thingy' is not on ur playlist selection only...

righclick ur ipod in itunes, go ipod options, and choose automatically update all songs and playlists... dunno if that helps

Unregistered guest
how do i get video clips from limewire on to my ipod? i got them in my itunes library and i tunes will play them but it won't export to the ipod

Unregistered guest
I had to buy a new computer a month ago and i tried to connect my ipod to it to put all of my music on my new computer, turns out that it all got deleted by the wrong click of a button..what do i do if i would like to try doing this on a different computer

louky
Unregistered guest
I'm curious about deleting the KB905749 file mentioned on Nov 25. My PC won't recognize my ipod either, nor does itunes. Has anyone tried deleting this successfully?

Anonymous

hi im trying to take music from my Limewire and put it on my Ipod but its not working.. please help me i have been trying for a long time.

shereena
Unregistered guest
hello im trying to take music from my Limewire and put it on my Ipod but its not working.. please help me i have been trying for a long time.

Unregistered guest
i hav same problem too i want to put my mp3 songs that i hav already got on my computer onto my ipod nano. downloaded songs using limewire :P i hav already ripped songs from albums i have before i even got the ipod nano!!!

Username: Jafstar

Hey all

ive gt a solution i hope it will work for u all it worked fr me :-)

listen theres a new program called Podplus

if ur like me u dont have all the songs on ur computer that u downloaded on ur ipod

neways using tht problem u can copy ur songs from ur ipod into ur computer

once uve made sure all ur songs are backed up downlad ipod updater and using it reset ur ipod to factory settings

once done open itunes and copy all ur songs from where u downloaded em into ur library and then update it and hopefully it will work

sorry fr u guys who gt the nano or video im nt sure if its the same bt this has worked with my photo

hope it works

Jafstar

themadgaffler
Unregistered guest
I have a 30 gb ipod. I also bought one for my wife. I installed the software on one computer and dled a zillion songs. I connected her ipod (30 gb also) and it updated and charged. I then connected my ipod and it updated, however it will not charge. after the update, it stops charging and just stays on without charging. any advice? i have tried resetting and reinstalling itunes. i tried different usb ports and cables. i was very particular about following all directions to a tee. it would seem that one should be able to use a single computer to udate and charge multiple pods......this is frustrating. =(

erm have u tried downloading the software upgrade for her ipod, perhaps if u upgrae her software with that it might work...however i found that the new software if not great so i used the software to change the software back to facotry settings

try both things it shud work, its usually not the problem with the cables but with the ipod itself

Jafs

themadgaffler
Unregistered guest
update - talked to technical support and he helped me restore my ipods software (lost 7000 songs- i was really happy about that). after that didnt work he says i have to send it in to get fixxed. this thing is a week old. pretty poor quality assurance id say.

Username: Libbie

/quote
Just got my Apple Ipod. I downloaded an album to library on pc. How do i download it to my ipod? please help its driving me mad!
and does anyone know any good sites to download up to date music.
thanks

you first need to install iTunes on your computer, even if you already have it, please use the disk that came with your iPod. then using the high powered USB port, depending on your computer, it may be in the back (On my Dell it is). iTunes should open automatically, and create a connection with the iPod. It will automatically add all the music on your iTunes to your iPod. Please, don't disconnect your iPod until you see the "iPod Updated" message, then click the eject icon on the iTunes where your iPod is and wait until your iPod is cleared of this message. That should transfer all the music on your iTunes to your iPod with no problems.

"Could Apple have made the screen on my $300.00+ IPOD 30GB Photo out of any softer material? Heck, if I just touch it with my finger it scratches...very crappy engineering...paying endlessly just for looks/styling NOT PERFORMANCE (locks up every other day and many others shave better sound quality and more useful easy to use features)) AND DURABILITY (impossible to keep it clean unless kept under glass -designed to need replacing). Just a hard drive and software - very poor value."

First off, invest in a pod protection skin, I got one on ebay for under $20. It is well worth it, the screen is like any other glass screen, it will scratch. I think a $20 investment is well worth it ,considering the price of the actual iPod.

Second, most errors on the iPod are user related. Things such as unplugging when it says do not disconnect, not scanning songs for viruses before uploading, other things. IF you follow the directions in your manual, unless you have a crap iPod, you will be fine.

Post Number: 7
ok i just got an iPod Video with 30GB and when I open iTunes there is no iPod icon and i just can't figure out how to put songs and videos into my iPod...could someone help me

is your iPod plugged into the highpowered USB 2.0 on your computer?
Plug in your iPod first, then it should open iTunes automatically.
It will update automatically unless you have chosen to do a manual update instead. DO NOT DISCONNECT the iPod until it is done updating, then click the "eject" icon to disconnect the iPod.

Unregistered guest
hey i seem 2 b havin da same prob as most people i got an ipod nano 4 xmas and until a few dys ago worked fine but suddenly all my songs were deleted and when i tey putting them back on agen the computer ses they're on there but ther not on the ipod, i avent changed anything n seemed 2 hav tryed evrything i cold think of but im only 14 so not so gd with the technical stuff, plz cud u help me i cant liv without my ipod!!

Username: Dracomalfoy91

Milan, IL U.S.

When I click on one song and it goes through every song on that cd or playlist...what do i do about this.

iPod Help
Unregistered guest
Ok I found this thread and there seems to be a million questions on here but I'll give it a shot with my question.

I have a 30G video iPod and when I put a CD in it doesn't show up on the side of iTunes. Only musicmatchbox opens and plays the CD. I copied the CD to musicmatchbox in hopes to figering out how to put those tracks onto iTunes. But I can't figure out how to put a CD onto my iPod. Any help? Also does ne1 know how to get video's from Bearshare to iTunes or is there no other way to get around it other then buying actual videos from iTunes?

low tech
Unregistered guest
want to ask someone..cos none of my friends knows...
is there any other program to use to upload music onto ipod other than iTune??
cos right now..I am in a foreign country..and the computer where I stay...THEY USE MICROSOFT ME!!!!!!! and my comp is back in my country...
help..

Merritt
Unregistered guest
go to my documents and make a new folder, name it something like
'music to put into itunes' or something like that

put song into that folder

in itunes go to file

then add file to library

then go to ur new folder and open the songs you want

you might have to disconnect your ipod and the connect it back in to update the songs...

hope this helped!

Merritt
Unregistered guest
crap sorry this is what that was suppossed to say!

how to get songs from limewire to itunes:

download song you want

go to 'library' in limewire and click explore

right click song name while pressing 'control' DO NOT LET GO OF CONTROL

click 'sent to my documents'

go to my documents and make a new folder, name it something like
'music to put into itunes' or something like that

put song into that folder

in itunes go to file

then add file to library

then go to ur new folder and open the songs you want

you might have to disconnect your ipod and the connect it back in to update the songs...

hope this helped!

lol sorry about that...

oceany
Unregistered guest
ok..i have limewire and when i download songs it goes to a file on itunes....i want the songs on my ipod but they wont transfer,ive tried to move the songs over,copy file to library and neither one works....what am i doing wrong PLEASE HELP!! ~thanks

Kurt4567
Unregistered guest
I have all my files organized and ready to put on my ipod, however, when i automatically upload them onto my ipod not all (most) of the songs go onto my ipod, I would like ALL of the songs on there. Heres the real problem though, when i try to manually update it there is no option to "update" my ipod. In file it says update but its not black and i cant click it, and right clicking on the ipod icon wont work either, any help would be greatly appreciated

lawlerskates
Unregistered guest
im having the same problem as oceany and its really starting to piss me off any suggestions?

chippy
Unregistered guest
I got round some of the problems using i-tunes by using real player on my PC instead. Has no problems recognising the i-pod and is more stable. Plus you can chose the format at bitrate of the media you wnat to save. I use MP3 at 196kbs - better sound quality than AAC.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2615
It's amazing how many of you don't register...

kANDICE
Unregistered guest
Someone Please Answer this question that A WHOLE LOT of people have asked....Transfering songs from the Ipod to your PC....HOW DO YOU DO IT??? OR DOES APPLE NOT ALLOW THIS BECAUSE OF COPYRIGHT PROTECTION????

Unregistered guest
I just "got" an Ipod 40gb photo recently.
It had a lot of a stupid songs I don't listen to
but like a true collector, I will back it up anyway
before I turf it.
I was able to dock the ipod to a computer as a
USB device to a windows 2000 box, browse into
a folder labelled music. Now the folder was empty
which I thought was strange since I knew stuff was there.
I changed my viewing folder profile for windows to
allow hidden files. ta dah.
I found many hidden folders with all the songs
stored in 4 letter file names eg. ABCD.mp3 in a folder
F32 for example.
I copied all these off the ipod to my hard drive.
I had to download a utility called mp3tag to rename all
the mp3s according to their mp3 id tags. And thank god
all the mp3 tags were still intact or other wise i would
suffering through a lot of rap crap to figure out what they
all were.
So yea, 2000+ songs of crap and rap which I will
never listen to but someone else might...
I hope this helps some of you.

Unregistered guest
I just "got" an Ipod 40gb photo recently.
It had a lot of a stupid songs I don't listen to
but like a true collector, I will back it up anyway
before I turf it.
I was able to dock the ipod to a computer as a
USB device to a windows 2000 box, browse into
a folder labelled music. Now the folder was empty
which I thought was strange since I knew stuff was there.
I changed my viewing folder profile for windows to
allow hidden files. ta dah.
I found many hidden folders with all the songs
stored in 4 letter file names eg. ABCD.mp3 in a folder
F32 for example.
I copied all these off the ipod to my hard drive.
I had to download a utility called mp3tag to rename all
the mp3s according to their mp3 id tags. And thank god
all the mp3 tags were still intact or other wise i would
suffering through a lot of rap crap to figure out what they
all were.
So yea, 2000+ songs of crap and rap which I will
never listen to but someone else might...
I hope this helps some of you.

Unregistered guest
The problem has been resolved. Please read below for instructions on how to fix the original posted issue:

1. open itunes
2. click the display options icon in the lower left area of the itunes window
3. click the sharing tab
4. ensure the share my music box is checked
5. set any other options you wish...

all done....

I just had the orignal post problem after installing a fresh copy of itunes and ipod setup. This fixed the problem.

-tph

petalavita
Unregistered guest
Im having a problem similar to many on here... my ipod wont upload songs onto it.I have tried some of the suggestions on here, but to no avail.Itunes doesnt recognize my 20g photo ipod at all. its not the USB because everything else works and my computer recognizes it, but not itunes..its not the cable because it worked on other computers.ALSO it will upload songs if i put it into data mode and i dont know why. the ipod store didnt help they told me it was fine.

sum1 help please

petalavita
Unregistered guest
not data mode.. i meant disk mode sorry.

i wud try wud i done before

search for ipod updater and downgrade your ipod to factory setttings

however all your songs willget deleted so make sure that you have backed up your songs either by using podplay or just having all your songs on your computer

once you done this your ipod shud start copying songs over in itunes

Unregistered guest
I read this forum yesterday and went home last night and did a few things posted here and nothing worked, BUT, here is what did work, my iPod is updating again. I had installed and reinstalled my iPod and iTunes 4 times but it never worked. I finally got it to work by installing it in a different directory. Instead of installing it again at C:\Program Files\iTunes, I installed it at C:\ and forced it to look at a different path. I had to import all my library again and sync to my iPod but it took a matter of minutes and now it is updating again. There must be a bug in the software somewhere.

boloyung
Unregistered guest
i just bought an i-pod 30gb video. installed the software with quicktime, i-tunes and i have limewire too, all my other music, i have in my hard drive, i have no problem downloading and transferring this to my ipod. now my problem is this, my wife had another server where she bought and downloaded music ( real rhapsody which uses real player) and it was save in the hard drive. now all that music she bought and downloaded from real rhapsody i cannot transfer it to my i-pod because i'm using i-tunes. Is there anyway to transfer these songs from real rhapsody to make it into i-tunes? whenever i click the properties of the downloaded music from real rhapsody ( it has this "real player" protected icon. can anyone pls help me. i dont want to waste all the downloaded songs from real rhapsody because now i am using i-tunes.

petalavita
Unregistered guest
i restored factory settings and it updated once and then didnt do it again

Post Number: 4
hmm

perhaps u used the wrong downgrader

try searching for the official one for ur version of ur ipod and dgrade again
mite help

Anonymous

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a MAC, how to I upload songs from my iPod to my computer?

I lost all my music the other day.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered guest
Uploading song from iPod to Mac OS X ?.

Try http://wbyoung.ambitiouslemon.com/senuti/

You'll love senuti! ;)

Username: Catlover555

You go to setup, options then go to the itunes button and click add downloaded songs to itunes library.

Username: Dunc

Can anybody help, I have an ipod and all my songs are on it which as you know takes many hours. My pc hard disk crashed and burned and I had to replace, now the problem is i can see all my music on the ipod when i link it to my new downloaded I Tunes but it is greyed out and it wont do anything, and if i try to pair the Ipod it will overwrite with the Itunes library which is of course blank. Im so worried that I will wipe the IPOD and all my hours of downloaded songs, how can i re copy my IPOD to a blank itunes software....please Help !! thanks

Username: Ipoduser2006

I did this and it worked.
1. Uninstall ITUNES
2. Connect IPOD to pc
3. go to Windows explorer tools->options and click "show hidden files"
4. copy ipod_control directory to pc
5. reinstall itunes
6. when asked, click yes for new Itunes to be connected to IPOD
7. This will erase all songs. But dont worry
8. Open the windows explorer and open the ipod_control folder and inside that open the music folder. You will see a lot of numbered folders like F00, F01 etc
9. Open each folder.
10. Click on each file and drag each file into the library window of ITUNES

11. Slow process but it works. In 10 min you can do more than a 100 songs like this.

Enjoy.

Username: Twizzler99

I am trying to put my existing library on a second Ipod and it keeps telling me after I have updated the 2nd Ipod that I can not disconnect because it contains files that are in use by another application. What does this mean

Username: Sara000300

How do i delete songs off shuffle? And how do i get the songs from Limewire to the shuffle?

Username: Samhb4527

i have a question. i have a 30G video and i have iTunes on two different computers. in order to get songs from one computer, i have to delet all of the songs on the iPod from the other computer. Is there liek a program or anyway i can use the iPod with both computers? or am i gona have to burn every song from one and rip it to the other? Thanks

Username: Skittles1023

does this make sence? my ipod only works on one computer and my other comp doesnt even read the iPod why is this?

Username: Epsilon

well the problem with my nano, I Know there is probably an answer to this but HEYYY I am lazy, anyways songs albums on my on my ipod (downloaded ones) were slightly different so the same album came up to twice, so I tried to rectify this by changing all the album names so their the same, anyways now for some reason the songs i did this for come Up with (!) beside them, and now I can't add or delete songs, I don't wanna risk restoring the ipod, cause if I still have the same problem my nano will be useless, ANYHELP CHEERS

- Epsilon

ok update on my situation...my shuffle works fine with my comp, and I can put photos onto my nano...but no songs...wtf is goin on here?

Username: Katty988

sumthing happend to my ipod and when every i connect it my ipod video has the do not disconnect sing but it say on the computer that the ipod cannot be found use the ipod software updater aplication to restore the ipod factory settings what the hell does that mean?????HELP!!

-person who needs damn ipod

Katrina, you have to use the ipod updater which comes with the ipod (The Disc) that should be found in your C drive, program files, Ipod, Ipod updater *date* and when you open it (you need your ipod connected) it will say the info about your pod and you can either update it (if its not up to date already) or restore it, according to what you said, you need to restore it.

Bronze Member
Username: Geeker

Post Number: 88
Hi,

I had the same problem where itunes would appear to copy over "new" music to my ipod but when i came to play, it wouldn't appear. I fixed it by opening msdos and running check disc.

in dos type:

chkdsk G: /f

(where G is the ipod drive letter)

Username: Qwer0987

HI

I was wondering if there is anyway that I could upload music from my iPOD to a new computer, without having (!) next to it!! Or would I have to transfer all my music files from one computer to another? How do I do it? Is there any fast way? Because I don't think I could upload songs from my ipod without having the (!) next to the song names.
arrrrugghh... so many ipod problems! normal mp3s dont have that.

thank you so much if you can solve my problem!!!

and if you downloaded songs off limewire, all you have to do is find the songs, and then drag it into iTunes. But, if you move your songs to another folder or something, iTunes wouldn't recongize your songs and would have a (!) next to the songs. Then you'd have to relocate your files. So i suggest you store your downloaded music to folders in My Music or something, THEN, drag your songs to iTunes.

And if your ipod keeps on going like, "do not disconnect"(or your itunes won't recongize your ipod) you go to safely remove hardware, the little green icon in the left, and click on the apple USB thing. once the hardware is safely removed, plug it in again, and then iTunes might recongize it. but if anything fails, then try resetting your ipod.

hmmmmm

or do i really have to burn all my songs onto dvd discs and then start a new itunes onto a new comp?

Post Number: 4
look what i've found..
try if it works...
http://engadget.com/2004/11/02/how-to-get-music-off-your-ipod/

Username: Shadowblade92

When I try to update my nano, iTunes says it can't because I'm missing the selected playlist. Thing is, I didn't select a playlist.

Username: Meggie06

Castro Valley, California United States

I also have a probelem. My ipod is doing the same thing but it is just plain not updating. I will import songs and they will be there in my itunes but when i disconnect they are not on my ipod. And the "Update iPod" button under File is grey. I cant click on it.

Greg,
There might be something wrong with your cord that connects your ipod to your computer.

Username: Sunkiss102900

Klamath falls, Oregon Usa

OMFG!my ipod is doing the same thing as gregs...and i tried to follow jojobombiest's rules but i still dont know whats wrong.Plus i dont know a lot about computers but i just want my ipod to work b.c ive had it since x-mas and its now may. help me please!

Username: Yaymeeex3

i cant put songs on my ipod. when i plug in my ipod on the screen it says do not disconnect. and then a folder saying my name(F: ) comes up and then at the top of itunes it doesnt say anything. and i need my ipod b.c its my lifeeee

Username: Humna

hey, i was wandering,how do i download songs onto itunes that are already saved on my computer? (as in under "my music") i tried going to file-->add file to library-->i clicked on the file i want, but where do i see the songs that i downloaded? because they'r not showing up in my library.
pleaseee help

Username: Decerise

HELP!!!!!! haha Whenever I transfer songs from itunes to my ipod, it just copies like teh first 50 then this pops up "ATTEMPTING TO COPY TO THE DISK "CHERRY" FAILED. THE DISK COULD NOT BE READ FROM OR WRITTEN TO." What do you think is the problem?? Thanks!

Username: Decerise

LIKEIMA TELLYOU Go to your itunes. Click file then add folder to library then add the my music folder. That would solve the problem.

Username: Alexst06

Hey i know everyones written about the same problem up here on the forum about how to transfer songs onto itunes library from limewire but all the ones people have written as answers wont work for me and i dont know why :-( we've got two computers but one is REALLY slow so i download my limewire songs on the fast one but our comps are connected together somehow so when i go onto itunes on the slow comp(i have to cos this is the comp with all my songs for my ipod already loaded up on)they appear as 'Arthur's LimeWire Tunes' at the side and all my tracks i downloaded on the ther comp are on there. But if i open limewire on the slow computer, the songs i downloaded arent in THAT library. How do i tranfer them onto the itunes library?i cant find a list of the songs in my shared music folder or anywhere else only in a seperate playlist in itunes that wont let me drag it to the desktop, the shared folder or the itunes library.i dont get all this comp mumbo-jumbo i need an eas solution!!help please!!

Username: Da_master_x

Jupiter, Florida United States

I cant put my songs onto my ipod......It reads the ipod but and chargers it but in itunes nothing shows up so I cant download any songs

Username: Da_master_x

Jupiter, Florida United States

same question as brittany........please help!!!!!!!!!!!1

Username: Lady_k

> my problem < all my songs erased from my ipod and ive tried ever since to get them back on and ive tried everything else you can think of i even restarted everything thinking it wouldve help but it doesnt all it keeps tellin me is
THE IPOD "" CANNOT BE UPDATED. THE DISK COULD NOT BE READ FROM OR WRITTEN TO ????? HELP plz

Username: Lady_k

And another little thing it says is
SONGS ON THE IPOD "KAHOLANIS IPOD" CANNOT BE UPDATED BECAUSE OF ALL THE PLAYLIST SELECTED FOR UPDATING NO LONGER EXISTS What can i do i seriously need my ipod nanoUpload

Username: Vmoney

Rockledge, Florida United states

i have an ipod nano...can i download music from limewire to my ipod without itunes....any way possible?

Username: Chelz

Brisbane, Qld Australia

SONGS ON THE MY IPOD "CHELSEA" CANNOT BE UPDATED BECAUSE OF ALL THE PLAYLIST SELECTED FOR UPDATING NO LONGER EXISTS...IT SAYS THAT I HAVE NO SPACE TO PUT ANY SONGS ON AND WHEN I DISCONNECT MY IPOD FROM MY PC....THERE ARE NO PHOTOS OR SOBNGS ON MY IPOD...What can i do i seriously need my ipod nano....dont make me return it....HELP

Gold Member

Post Number: 8661
vance, you need iTunes...any reason why you don't want to install it?

Username: Tor925

The problem that im having is that about 1/2 of my songs on itunes are "in" my ipod, but they always are skipped. When i try to play those same songs on itunes, they play without a problem. However, when i try to update my ipod, they all have a symbol next to them signifying that the file cannot be found, but the file is there when i check, and there is no notification that the files are lost. IM SO CONFUSED!!

Username: Skittles1023

omg..thats was happening to me only with my shuffle!!! i just switched usb ports and it worked

Username: Skunky_monkey

Melbourne, Victoria Australia

everytime i try to update my ipod with new songs.. when it gets about half way through it says it cant read the source anymore and it refuses to keep updating.. and when i try listening to the songs it has updated they just skip through without playing.. can anyone help me? i am using Windows XP with an Ipod Mini 6Gig.. any help would be great..

Post Number: 5
what you should do, is to try unchecking all the songs, then check it again, then update your ipod.

Post Number: 6
about brittany's problem, that sometimes happen too, all you have to do, is to safely remove your hardrive, then with your itunes open, plug it in again, and see if it works

Post Number: 7
can someone please help my queston?
is there anyway to transfer/upload songs from your ipod to another new computer without losing the songs or whatnot? because if itunes cant find the file on the computer, it has a little <!> thing next to it and you cant do anything about it unless you like, redownload the song and relocate it...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8737
Not usually. It is a one way transfer and I don't suggest you find a hack to do so. The best thing to do is back-up your songs to a dvd or soem other media and transfer it all to your new PC.

Username: Mechico

Jackson, TN

My ipod was given to me and i am trying to delete some files on the ipod. how do you hook up the cables to edit files and download music. i waas told that i need aan apple computer. the windows 98 is there annyway to use this version to plug and download music?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8747
Won't work with Windows 98.

Username: Boo92

Okay...so i'm using limewire to get my songs onto my ipod. So i already dragged them from limewire to itunes. They're on my ipod now. I can see them. But it will not let me listen to them. But, i can listen to them on my library. Just not my ipod. i have no idea what to do, can someone help me?

Username: Farida

Cairo, Cairo Egypt

my ipod is 4gb mini and when i plug it to the computer so itunes doesnt show me that my i pod is plugged in and i do this several times i unplug it then i plug it in but it doesnt do anything so i want to upload lotsa songs and please help me i want a quick answer

Post Number: 8
well, before you plug in your iPOD, you should open your itunes first, and unplug all the usb cables. so when your itunes is open, only plug in your ipod usb. then see if it works. if it doesn't go to safely remove hardware, and see if the apple usb thing is there, if its not, then your computer is obviously not reading your usb, then i suggest you buy another usb cable and then it should work.

Post Number: 9
for kirby's problem...
right now, do the songs that are not working on your ipod have a <!> on the left side of the song? if so, that means your iTunes can't locate your songs. it could mean that you changed the song's name on the original file, or you moved your original file somewhere else. because iTunes can only recongnize ONE location. the place you have you music before dragging them into your iTunes. after than, if you make any changes to your music iTunes wouldn't recongize it.
why don't you find where your music is located after you downloaded them from limewire (like, my music or wherever you choose to save them, you choose the location when you download limewire). so you go there, and drag files from the folder you saved you music in, to your iTunes, and see if it works! it should!

Username: Chimp276

i have a ipod nano 2gb. i have just found mi firewire cable after it bin lost for about 2 months. i plugged in mi ipod and it did "bing-bing" thing. i opened up itunes and it didnt show my ipod being connected. i really need help plz

email on chimp276@gmail.com

Username: Chimp276

Fixed it try downloading ipod updater. i worked 4 me

Username: Pilot_rob

Las vegas, Nevada Usa

i have itunes and limewire. the songs i got from limewire are the ones i want to go on my ipod but when i go to itunes it says i have it in my limewire playlist but when i try to transfer them to my library i can't figure out what to do

Username: Boo92

thank you to all of you.

Username: Micky68195

Hi i've had no trouble with my ipod its been great until i installed a new version onto my ipod, ever since then i cannot put my music from my ipod into my library as i have done before to burn disks i really don't know what to do plz somebody help me!!!

Username: Micky68195

Rob. on iTunes try dragging your limewire playlist into your library it mite help?

Username: Drumergrl08

Okay I need serious help...I plug my 30gb IPod into the computer and try to update it but it just says do not disconnect ipod is updating so I wait...and then it just stops and dosen't put my songs on it..what the heck is wrong and how do I fix it, I need help and if I don't get it then I am not going to be able to go on..I need to get these songs on here!!!
E-mail me with what to do mary_drumergrl_16@hotmail.com

Username: Drumergrl08

My songs won't update to my ipod
1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Username: B_o_d_y_a

i have ipod shuffle. When i'm trying to copy music tracks to my ipod, small window appears: it can't be read or written to. What to do please help. If you can help send me email: bodya86@yahoo.com

Username: Chrissyyboo

I DELETED SOME PLAYLIST I HAD NEVER SEEN BEFORE THAT SAID "SELECTED SONGS FOR IPOD" WHEN I DID, IT JUST UPDATED MY IPOD NANO BECAUSE IT WAS PLUGGED IN, BUT WHEN I CHECKED MY IPOD, ALL OF THE SONGS WERE GONE. THE SONGS ARE STILL ON MY ITUNES THOUGH AND I CAN LISTEN TO THEM. NOW, EVERYTIME I PLUG IN MY IPOD NANO, A SMALL WINDOW POPS UP THAT SAYS "SONGS ON THE IPOD "CHRISSY'S IPOD" CANNOT BE UPDATED BACAUSE ALL OF THE SELCTED PLAYLISTS DONT EXIST". IM GOING ON VACATION TONIGHT AND I NEEEED MY IPOD. HELPPP!!!!!!

Username: F_apl

I'm trying to transfer my songs FROM my ipod TO my computer. I have downloaded a program that is supposed to enable me to do this but it is only transfering a selected amount of songs, which can be copyed from the "removable disk/(My ipod)" folder in 'my computer'. I want to kno why the rest of the songs on my ipod (which is about another 1300) isn't showing up in that folder. It's as if they are stored on some kind of internal or external memory that cant be accessed.. Please help this is causing a great deal of confusion and frustration! Ta

Username: Chrissyyboo

solution to my earlier post: when you try to update your ipod and window comes up saying "songs on the ipod "chrissys ipod" cannot be updated because all of the selected playlists dont exist" i saw alot of other users had the same problem and i found the solution. 1. got to edit and select Preferences. 2. select the 'ipod' tab and check off the playlists you want to show up on your ipod. then hit ok and try updating your ipod.

Username: Ipodfordummies

TO IMPORT LIMEWIRE SONGS JUST CLICK "DOWNLOAD AS" INSTEAD OF DOWNLOAD AND SAVE IT TO DOCUMENTS/MUSIC. THATS IT. YES, ITS THAT EASY.

Username: Ipodfordummies

any more common questions?

Username: Bestnabeel

i have an ipod photo 4th generation 40 gb. and the problem is when i turn it on.it gives me the sad ipod..then i force it into the disk mode it successfully
goes in the disk mode saying disk mode ok to disconnect (when no keys are working).then i plug it into the computer
now the computer and ipod both detect each other (in ipod it says do not disconnect and the battery starts chargin as appears) and in the computer it detects
it as a USB device.....BUT after like 5-7 seconds the ipod restarts to the same sad face automatically..and the computer disconnects the connection as well.
THEN when i restart the ipod (WHILE CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTERS USB) IT SHOWS me the bad battery icon
can anyone please tell me if i m missing any step or what could be wrong with the ipod.
thanx alot..pardon my forum manners because i am really new here.
Nabeel

Username: Punk_kitty

"Plug the iPod to the cable, and attatch to your computer/desktop through USB port. Then, reset your iPod by holding the midde button and the menu button simultaneously."

This did not work for me. I have the same issue as the very first person who posted.

Username: Kulandai

For the 'do not disconnect' message or if the iPod is frozen, check this page:
http://kulandai.blogspot.com/2006/12/problem-in-ipod-do-not-disconnect.html

Username: Cios

Merritt U R a Lifesaver!!!!

If you need help with ipod 30g look at Jan 22 2006 by Merritt. Follow his stepes exactly. However a modification to his steps. Make a new my document first and name it. Then put the song into it. Follow his steps exactly it worked for me. Make sure after u finish all his stepps and get the song into your library that u unplug and then replug ur ipod. This allows the ipod to refresh what u have in ur library. Once again thnx merritt. Hope that his stepps can help u all out too.

Username: Acocddy

I want to kno why the rest of the songs on my ipod (which is about another 1300) isn't showing up in that folder.

Username: Coreys

does anyone know what to do about
error -54
i can only sync the first 30 or 40 songs on my ipod
and then it tells me that it cant copy songs to my ipod because of that error

Username: Loudlax10

when i try to burn limewire songs from itunes to cds it cancels the burn and some error pops up. When i burn my songs to cds it works fine. Does anyone know how to fix this so i can burn both to one cd? pleease help

Username: Irishgurl

my ipod wont copy the songs over and the message i get is usb device not recognized, any suggestions? if anyone wants to they can IM me on AIM at qtpiemi33 thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us