Transfer files from MD to PC

Anonymous

I know Sony doesn't want me to do this, but is there a fix so that I can record my LPs to the Minidisk, then transfer those files to my PC?

Username: Dj_esky

Sydney, New South Wales Australia

Post Number: 2
you'd be better off moving your record player next to your PC, and hooking it up directly to your Mic Input, Go to a Music Store (the type u buy equiptment from not cd's) and u can pick up a RCA to USB adapter for under $50AU, then Download a free version or Audacity from www.audacity.sourceforge.net and record that way, I have been searching for a program to transfer my MD samples to my PC for years and still can't find any. I just playback/record through Audacity direct from my headphone socket on my MD to Mic Input on my PC. although the Quality isn't as good, it still works for me.

Username: Beccamay

Post Number: 1
Aoplogies if this is a stupid question, but I'm not terribly good with modern technology and I have a problem that's driving me crazy! I have a great deal of material on minidisc that I want to transfer to my laptop and I understand that this isn't possible from my MD (Sony MZ N520) for some reason. I've read that it is possible to transfer music in realtime via the soundcard on my computer though - can anyone explain to me how that would work? Much appreciated!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us