Dropped my 40GB Ipod, now some songs skip b4 end of song. (now has a crack in face)

Username: Plymouthfury

Lynfield, Auckland New Zealand

Post Number: 1
Hi all.
I dropped my 40GB Ipod, (well my cat Lincoln knocked it off the desk actually) now some songs terminate before the end of the song (sometimes 10 seconds in, sometimes 30, sometimes 10 seconds before the end of the song) and immediately start playing the next song. What has happened, and how do I repair it?
Thanks,
Glenn.

Post Number: 2
Does anybody read these messages......?

Bronze Member
Username: Your_mom890

Post Number: 13
oh well learn to take care of your things

Bronze Member
Username: Your_mom890

Post Number: 14
buy a camera case 4 it

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 428
The Hard disc inside it may have been damaged. The higher capacity iPods (non nano and shuffle) use a computer hard disc to store the music, and if you drop it, it can be damaged.

I have a nano, and unfortunatly drop it from time to time. I have yet to have this issue. When I upgrade, it will be to the 8GB (or higher depending on what apple does) nano

Post Number: 3
Gavin.
Thanks for the first reply to this problem...
Yes that was what I thought had happened. Question is-how do I fix this problem? Apple want more than the cost of a brand new one to repair mine. You send it in, lose all your songs, then they send you another 'replacement' taken out of the big pool of other people's busted Ipods which they make repairs to. EG:You don't even get your own Ipod back...There must be a way to replace the broken bit surely???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us