Is it possible to take songs off computer but still have them on ipod ?

Username: Packhoss

Workington, Cumbria United Kingdom

Post Number: 3
I have an ipod which is linked up to my laptop, the problem is that my laptops hard drive is nearly full due to the amount of songs in my itunes library that go on my ipod - is it possible to get rid off these mp3 files but still have them on my ipod - or if i do this will it wipe my ipod clean when i connect it next ?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13247
Yes it is possible to keep them on your iPod. You have to make sure that you are managing the music "manually"...that should be checked on your preferences. This will prevent your iPod from synchronizing with your computer every time you make a connection.

Just know that you cannot transfer the music back from your iPod to your PC once the files are gone. You will need an iPod hack to do a reverse transfer.

Why not just get an external hard drive to back your music?

Username: Sider2442

Illinois USA

Post Number: 1
I just got bought off ebay the ipod photo 60GB, i have over 10,000 songs on my computer(not itunes) can i put them on my new ipod and please tell me how if its posible... can email me at sider2442@aol.com thanks, please help me

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13603
You can download iTunes for free. Once you have that, you can transfer the songs to the iTunes library then you can transfer the songs to your iPod.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us