RCA Lyra RD2762... NEED HELP!

Username: Hobbit_girl

Post Number: 1
Hi everybody!

I got an RCA Lyra RD2762 for Christmas(2005), so I've had it for about 6 months now. It's been very great for me for the most part, and I usually use it several times every day. But I've started having some problems, and I can't find how to fix it in the "troubleshooting" in the Quick Start Guide or on RCA's site.

Lately it's started "skipping" really bad. But that's not all. In addition to "skipping" frequently, it's been stopping mid-song. When it stops during a song, it then will not let me play anymore songs (I'll click on them, but nothing happens), so I have to turn it off then back on in order to use it. The skipping used to happen only every once in a while, but it has become more frequent. However, the mid-song stopping never used to happen, but has really started up within the past week or so.

I did read in the Quick Start Guide that skipping can result from a problem while recording the song, and to delete the song and re-record it. But the thing is, it's not skipping regularly on specific songs, but randomly skipping on songs that have always worked just fine. So basically, there's no specific song that skips; it's just random, and now frequent.

Can anyone help me with these problems? I feel like they're probably related, or at least similar. I *love* the thing, and I really hope nothing big is wrong with it.

Post Number: 2
Bump

Username: Weirdo101

Clapool, Indiana US

Post Number: 1
i have a rca lyra and when i turn it on it says the memory sticks tempurature is too low. HELP ME!!!!! we think someone might have unscrewed the back and that messed it up could this be it????

Post Number: 3
Bump. Can someone please help me?

And it's started a new problem too. Now when I put it on the charger, after about 30 minutes it automatically stops charging. Thus, I have to keep re-plugging it in and hope that it keeps working. Plus, even when it's fully charged, the battery life is really, really short. Is there anything I can do about this? (although this is a rather minor problem in comparisson to my first 2)

Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us