Lyra 1072A - Memory Limitations?

Anonymous

I have a Lyra1072A purchased with a 1GB Kodak card. The player will only recognise about 130 songs in total (including internal storage on the 256MB), but the card shows that it holds hundreds more than this. The specs for the Lyra don't mention a max size. I have the latest firmware updates, and when I use MM Jukebox, it will only let me drag and drop to the 130 song limit (WMP10 will allow me to fill the card).

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2877
Have you tried putting songs in the memory card by using a memory card reader via the PC?

Anonymous

Yes - the card can be filled to 1GB, but the Lyra will not recognise anything over and above the 130 combined between internal and external memory. I have put songs on using MMJukebox, WMP10, File Manager and a card reader, but I get the same result each time. However, the difference in all methods is that using MMJukebox, although I can drag and drop tracks, once it gets to it's "limit", it stops addding them to the track listing and the card. I assume this is because the Lyra is controlling the process and dictating when it is full, although I use the synch process on WMP10 with no limitation!

I have filled the card using folders for each artist, and that doesn't seem to help either, I still only get 130ish songs.

I have tried to speaking to the UK division of Thomson, but they told me I had to talk to the US division of RCA as it was a Lyra RD branded rather than the UK Lyra PDP branded item....!

I am waiting for the US division to come back to me with (hopefully) a simple explanation, but I am getting fed up waiting. Is a reformat of the card likely to produce a better result? Does the Lyra1072 recognise a FAT32 formatted SD Card (the internal is formatted to FAT16 iirc)?

Unregistered guest
It sounds like we have at least a similar problem. I have been in touch with the Thomson/RCA people here in the states and got nothing....and have read how difficult they are to deal with. Just thought I would comiserate with you. I only have a 256MB card but would still like to fill it. The instruction manual is useless. I will be watching your post hopefully but doubt much developes. Drop me a note if you would if you crack this problem. brock13@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
It sounds like we have at least a similar problem. I have been in touch with the Thomson/RCA people here in the states and got nothing....and have read how difficult they are to deal with. Just thought I would comiserate with you. I only have a 256MB card but would still like to fill it. The instruction manual is useless. I will be watching your post hopefully but doubt much developes. Drop me a note if you would if you crack this problem. brock13@hotmail.com

Anonymous

OK, think I fixed it!

Formatted the 1GB Kodak card as FAT32.
Used MMJukebox to create a playlist of approx 250 songs. (250 x 3-4MB each = 1GB ish)
Dragged the playlist down to the "copy to device" screen, clicked "synchro".
Voila - a Lyra with 239 songs on (although it copied some that I didn't ask for...?!).

Anonymous

How did you format the card to FAT32?
When I plug in my card it loses the USB connection.
If I have the card in the Lyra when I plug in the USB, the computer won't recognize the device at all.

ShawnC
Unregistered guest
Where can I get a firmware update for the 1072A? I have looked on the RCA site and have found nothing.

Unregistered guest
ya magicaly my windows media player died on me.. music matchbox died.. i dont know what to do. how do you use it for windows explorer? i put the songs on but when i try to play them it just says then name of all the songs but no music. my Musicmatchbox will not all it for some "copy"rights. and i tried using a different computer for windowsmedia player and it says the device wont allow it. any help? by the way shawnC the site for the firmware is http://www.rca.com/digitalaudiodownloads

Username: Mandie

Post Number: 1
well i got a problem with my lyra1072A, i got every thing installed on the computer,and i have my playlist that i want, but i cant get the songs on the player, can someone help please

Anonymous

how to you delete the songs you already put in to put new ones and also how to put it in mp3 mode to put the songs to the lyra

Unregistered guest
well i just got a lyra 1072 and got on demand musicmatch jukebox plus, and it wont let me download any music to my lyra or burn any songs to cds!!! i think it could be the 7 day trial but im not sure! i would love if someone could tell me wats up! thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us