Panasonic ShockWave MP3/FM radio player & MusicMatch.com files

Ms.Kat
Unregistered guest
On 8/21/04 I went to Circuit City (a very reputable electronics dealer) and purchased a Panasonic Shockwave MP3/FM radio device --- model SV-SW20V. For the first 2 months that I owned it, I only utilized the FM radio. Soon after I decided to check out MusicMatch.com and I downloaded about 15 songs. I then ventured into unknown territory when it came to transferring these files (WMA format) via the USB cable into my device, but I managed it with minimal difficulty. Then to my horror and extreme displeasure, I discovered that these tracks I downloaded were none other than "protected" WMA files!! Since this Panasonic ShockWave device is not on MusicMatch's list of "compatible" players and there are no plug-ins available to download from Panasonic, none of these tracks will ever see the light of day as I had hoped! I called Panasonic and lamented to them, but all I was able to get out of them is an apology ...although they did suggest that I use Windows Media Player to transfer my files onto my device (I was previously just going through the Windows Explorer "My Computer" route). I don't know why, but sometimes the word "Protected" shows up in the device's display window and sometimes it doesn't. Still didn't make any difference though, the damn files won't play! I went onto MusicMatch's website and filled out a questionnaire re: their services, and I requested to be contacted. That was last night (Fri-Nov.26,2004). Wonder if I'll ever get a response that's useful?

Unregistered guest
I am having the same problem with a Panasonic e-wear SV MP25 and tried loading the tracks to this MP3 player using Windows Media Player with the same result. Every song I have purchased through MusicMatch shows protected. I will follow your suggestions but also register an issue with Panasonic

Shelby
Unregistered guest
I have a Panasonic SV-SW20V, So far I have had no problems uploading songs, but I paid $169.00 for it and I am only able to store up to approx. 30 songs. Is that all it can hold?

Jan JAn
Unregistered guest
I have had the same problem with a Panasonic SV-MP30V that I got. All of the CD's that I downloaded are are PROTECTED and the only thing that will play is the radio. I also went to circuit city and this is the second problem I have had with an MP3 I bought from there.

DFS
Unregistered guest
I CAN HOLD 50 SONGS IN WMA FORMAT.

DFS
Unregistered guest
I CAN HOLD 50 SONGS IN WMA FORMAT.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us