Archive through December 27, 2005Cami100
Archive through August 19, 2005whatdoido100
Archive through July 02, 2005needhelpdesperately100
Archive through June 09, 2005Bakerbeast100
Archive through May 07, 2005Wendybabies100
Archive through March 08, 2005dave markley100
Closed: New threads not accepted on this page

Unregistered guest
hi i have a problem with my ipod nano, thouhg its get detected by the computer, it does not get detected by itunes.. therefore i cannot upload any songs can someone please HELP!!!!!

Doike
Unregistered guest
Hi there, hope you can help. Given new 30gb ipod for christmas, installed software BEFORE connecting ipod as sticker on cd pouch instructed. Connected ipod, 'do not disconnect' flashing on ipod screen, nothing happening.I left it this way to allow battery to charge for several hours, nothing happened. Computer (Toshiba A60 Satellite Pro laptop) locks up. Have uninstalled and re-installed software about 8 times no joy. Any suggestions. Very frustrating!

Username: Terri2k5

Post Number: 1
can any 1 help me plz

Username: Ghost_92

Bodcaw, Arkansas USA

how do i put two ipods on the same computer if i already put it on a nother computer plz help

Anonymous

http://www.error1607.com has some info on the 1607 error when trying to install the ipod software

Username: Axl_rose

Post Number: 4
Hi i hav a 5th gen ipod video and iv had it for a while now i was updating some of my stuff on there and i left it 2 do its stuff, later on my idiot of a dad unplugd it when it sed not to, there was no probelms at first but the next time i tried to plug it into my computer and update it itunes told me it had incountered a problem and that it had 2 close, i cept on opening itunes but it said the same thing, i then followed the insturcions to try and fix it by repairing the itunes program but no luck could some1 please help me out

Anonymous

I have just recieved an ipod video for Christmas. While I was out of town, I used an itunes gift card to download quite a bit of music. When I got home, I wanted to download my CD's onto the ipod. I have been told that the itunes library will not copy over to my computer. When i started downloading, I had the option of replacing all my songs with the new songs. I quickly just clicked okay, BIG MISTAKE! All of the songs I downloaded out of town, that were all ready on my ipod ( about 75), are gone. What can I do ? Please help me.

Unregistered guest
nd help dont no how 2 delete songs of ipod silly i no but i dont no

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2437

quote:

Hi i hav a 5th gen ipod video and iv had it for a while now i was updating some of my stuff on there and i left it 2 do its stuff, later on my idiot of a dad unplugd it when it sed not to, there was no probelms at first but the next time i tried to plug it into my computer and update it itunes told me it had incountered a problem and that it had 2 close, i cept on opening itunes but it said the same thing, i then followed the insturcions to try and fix it by repairing the itunes program but no luck could some1 please help me out

I hope it's still under warranty.

quote:

have just recieved an ipod video for Christmas. While I was out of town, I used an itunes gift card to download quite a bit of music. When I got home, I wanted to download my CD's onto the ipod. I have been told that the itunes library will not copy over to my computer. When i started downloading, I had the option of replacing all my songs with the new songs. I quickly just clicked okay, BIG MISTAKE! All of the songs I downloaded out of town, that were all ready on my ipod ( about 75), are gone. What can I do ? Please help me.

Yes, the iTunes format is protected, however, there are converters out there that will convert it to .mp3 or .wma format-Apple using this trick was incredibly stupid. You might try checking the iTunes folder in your C drive and see if you can find them manually.

quote:

nd help dont no how 2 delete songs of ipod silly i no but i dont no

Yes, I know the feeling, you just right-click clear song off the playlist. Then click update iPod (with the iPod attached of course). Additionally, can you try to use better grammar next time?

Username: Tomhell127

hi, i was wondering if someone could help me install ipodinux on my 4 gig ipod nano. i have a mac. i tried to use the comand prompt thing and i have no idea how to work it. thanks.

erinhudak
Unregistered guest
Hey there. I got my boyfriend a 30GB video iPod for Christmas and when he connects it to iTunes, it syncs properly (uploads data) and tells him "do not disconnect". However, neither the iPod nor iTunes ever tells him that it is "okay to disconnect". He's using Windows XP and has the latest version of iPod software as well as the latest version of iTunes. Any thoughts on how he can get both the iPod and iTunes to say, "okay to disconnect"? I have a 4GB mini and have never had this problem. I appreciate anyone's help! :-)

Pawloss
Unregistered guest
Hey there

hope you can help me.
I have a 20 gig ipod which had around 2000 songs on it. I plugged it into my mates mac in order to play him a track.
It then wouldnt play certain songs that I had downloaded in Itunes and now it isnt even recognised in my Itunes.
I am using windows xp if that makes a difference.

I would really appreciate your advice
thanks a million!

Unregistered guest
alright i got a wingdinger for you guys! here it is well my i-pod is being really stupid!. alright, my ipod i plug it into the computer, the apple screen goes on for about 5 seconds or so then it changes to the frown face, it does this for a couple of rotations then it will go the the battery charging screen, frozen. when i try to reset it does the small "out of battery logo" even thou its connected to the computer. it doesnt show up at all on the computer. i have no idea whats wrong with it, if someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Girl55

Post Number: 2
people,
help me please.i have a pc. i went on itunes and got a bunch of songs.i then plugged in my ipod to update it.now it says do not disconnect. so i went to the button i press to disconnect it,and it says the device cant be stopped right now.so i left it like that all night and it still says that. and i dont know if it is updated or not. will someone please help me?

Anonymous

Hello, I've run into a problem ....I have the new 30 Gig Video ipod,and I've been playing with different video converters and while converting, I think I accidently synched my ipod with windows media player. I really don't know. Now, my ipod isnt recognized by my computer(or my brothers laptop,Which is the computer i used to burn and convert the dvds to my computer) at all in the USB ports .My Ipod isnt Charging when connected and nothing I've tried has gotten me anywhere. I've even tried my brothers laptop and it doesnt recognize the ipod(P.s. It never did, ven after I had loaded itunes and put in my ipods pin #-that number on the back-).
I don't know if I have broken the warrenty or anything(im not so good at legality lingo). So if anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2451

quote:

hi, i was wondering if someone could help me install ipodinux on my 4 gig ipod nano. i have a mac. i tried to use the comand prompt thing and i have no idea how to work it. thanks.

Then I would suggest you not do it...if you have the temerity, Google 'ipod linux how to'

quote:

Hey there. I got my boyfriend a 30GB video iPod for Christmas and when he connects it to iTunes, it syncs properly (uploads data) and tells him "do not disconnect". However, neither the iPod nor iTunes ever tells him that it is "okay to disconnect". He's using Windows XP and has the latest version of iPod software as well as the latest version of iTunes. Any thoughts on how he can get both the iPod and iTunes to say, "okay to disconnect"? I have a 4GB mini and have never had this problem. I appreciate anyone's help! :-)

Two things: 1) Click the eject symbol next to the ipod's name in the list on the left in iTunes. 2) Click the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon in the system tray and stop the drive (called removable disc drive etc.). I hope it hasn't been disconnected with that message up, because some premature damage to the hard drive might have taken place.

quote:

hope you can help me.
I have a 20 gig ipod which had around 2000 songs on it. I plugged it into my mates mac in order to play him a track.
It then wouldnt play certain songs that I had downloaded in Itunes and now it isnt even recognised in my Itunes.
I am using windows xp if that makes a difference.

Bad decision. Download the iPod updater from the Apple website. It will give you the option to update or reset the iPod (including deletion of everything). Obviously, the latter is what is needed.

quote:

alright i got a wingdinger for you guys! here it is well my i-pod is being really stupid!. alright, my ipod i plug it into the computer, the apple screen goes on for about 5 seconds or so then it changes to the frown face, it does this for a couple of rotations then it will go the the battery charging screen, frozen. when i try to reset it does the small "out of battery logo" even thou its connected to the computer. it doesnt show up at all on the computer. i have no idea whats wrong with it, if someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Any appearance of the frowning face is an indication that the hard drive has gone bad. It would also describe why you're getting such interesting behaivor. Sorry.

quote:

help me please.i have a pc. i went on itunes and got a bunch of songs.i then plugged in my ipod to update it.now it says do not disconnect. so i went to the button i press to disconnect it,and it says the device cant be stopped right now.so i left it like that all night and it still says that. and i dont know if it is updated or not. will someone please help me?

Are you trying to disconnect it from iTunes or the system tray icon?

quote:

Hello, I've run into a problem ....I have the new 30 Gig Video ipod,and I've been playing with different video converters and while converting, I think I accidently synched my ipod with windows media player. I really don't know. Now, my ipod isnt recognized by my computer(or my brothers laptop,Which is the computer i used to burn and convert the dvds to my computer) at all in the USB ports .My Ipod isnt Charging when connected and nothing I've tried has gotten me anywhere. I've even tried my brothers laptop and it doesnt recognize the ipod(P.s. It never did, ven after I had loaded itunes and put in my ipods pin #-that number on the back-).
I don't know if I have broken the warrenty or anything(im not so good at legality lingo). So if anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it.

No, you haven't ruined the warranty, though I don't think it is a physical problem. Try using a different USB port and reinstalling iTunes if possible (be aware any songs you downloaded through it must be saved elsewhere-they'll be deleted upon reinstall).

Username: Confuzed_simon

Plano, Texas USA

Post Number: 4
also try resetting the ipod settings, and the ipod itself, if that dont work reinstall all of ipods components, and also reinstall wmp, and see if that works, if u have not fixed it so far

confuzed simon

Username: Confuzed_simon

Plano, Texas USA

Post Number: 5
people who itunes do not reconise there ipod, read this, http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n61711 , that if yo can not fix also try these steps
iPod Issues?
These five steps (known as the five Rs) will conquer most iPod issues.
1. Reset your iPod.
2. Retry with a different USB port.
3. Restart your computer.
4. Reinstall iPod and iTunes software.
5. Restore your iPod.

the links are on this page http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/ (how to do steps 1-5

dont know if i can help more, because i have not had that issue, but you could always try to install a new driver on your comp, or search for new hardware, thats how i have fixed issues alike this one, sorry if i cant help more

confuzed simon

barchewstef
Unregistered guest
I just got this ipod shuffle for christmas, but I need windows 2000 or XP or something. I only have windows 98. Somewhere it said you can get everything working if you go over a friend's house and get them to put at least one song on your ipod for you. So my friend put a song on my ipod shuffle for me and it works! But there is only that one song...and I don't really like it. I know I need Windows 2000 or XP (or something like that) to get itunes, but if there's a work-around for getting a friend to put a song on for you, isn't there another way of getting songs onto an ipod shuffle without having to get windows 2000 or higher?
Help please.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2469
The friend had 2k or XP, right?

brqh2
Unregistered guest
Help How long does it usually take to download a song using itunes?? It takes forever. What am I doing wrong?

barchewstef
Unregistered guest
To: Jexx
Yes.

Afterthought: I'm thinking I'll maybe make an mp3 disk give that to him and then maybe he can put all the songs on for me...but what if I want to change something...?

Unregistered guest
Help!

I just bought my ipod and began to set it up..I plugged it into the USB port on my pc wihout first installing the software, then I saw how the cd said pls install first... I unplugged my ipod even thoguh it said "do not disconnect" but I had no other choice..my pc said it did not recognize the new hardware...I hit ok, then tried to put in the cd to install..it asked me what language I wanted then seemed to proceed with the "windows shield" (or something) part of the installation process.. then all of a sudden it just stopped and put up an error message and then a separate box said "access denied"...someone told me I may not have been on as an administrator so it wouldnt let me install new hardware..or did I premanently ruin my ipod forever by simply plugging it in without installing first!

Thanks for your help in advance =)

Username: Nepeans_finest

I have an I-pod mini. My computer caught a virus so I had to re-install Windows XP, which removed the i-pod software. I just re-installed the software, but my library is gone. My i-pod has all the songs from my library, however I'm afraid if I update the i-pod I will lose all my songs. Is there any way to transfer songs from the i-pod back to the library?

jillah
Unregistered guest
Hey guys. I just looked on the website to see if there was info there to help me, but I didn't see any. I'm hoping someone can help me.

I have a 4GB nano, and I got it for Christmas. Just recently it started deleting songs from the iPod when I automatically updated it. The songs are still in the library and checked, but their location says 'not available'. They're still in the folder I imported them from, and in some cases I uploaded a CD right into iTunes and some songs disappear. Now I manually update it and it works alright, but my top 25 can't be updated because I have to update manually. Does anyone know what I should do? Thanks.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2476

quote:

I have an I-pod mini. My computer caught a virus so I had to re-install Windows XP, which removed the i-pod software. I just re-installed the software, but my library is gone. My i-pod has all the songs from my library, however I'm afraid if I update the i-pod I will lose all my songs. Is there any way to transfer songs from the i-pod back to the library?

If it's worth the risk...you can uncover the hidden files (music) and try copying them to the desktop...I forgot where the tutorial is, but it's out there.

quote:

I have a 4GB nano, and I got it for Christmas. Just recently it started deleting songs from the iPod when I automatically updated it. The songs are still in the library and checked, but their location says 'not available'. They're still in the folder I imported them from, and in some cases I uploaded a CD right into iTunes and some songs disappear. Now I manually update it and it works alright, but my top 25 can't be updated because I have to update manually. Does anyone know what I should do? Thanks.

Are you running out of space on the iPod, maybe? That's strange that they aren't available, like you said, that originates from having moved them previously...

Unregistered guest
I am having trouble getting my new iPod nano to work. I get the following errors:

iTunes Set Up Assistant: Warning. The registry settings used for communicating with the Ipod is not installed coorectly. Please reinstall iTunes to install the Ipod's software.

iTunes: the software required for communicating with the Ipod is not installed correctly. Please reinstall the iPod's software.

I have downloaded songs and have them in my iTune's library- I just can't download the songs into my iPod. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times and nothing seems to work.

Please e mail at dpags1101@aol.com

Thanks

Dave

Confused LeBron
Unregistered guest
ok i had like 250 songs on ipod, i went to friends to put more on it,while 50 songs were trasfering my other friend came to take us to a basketball game,and he said "hurry up were running late", so i just took the cord out of ipod, and on the way to basketball i turned it on and songs were all gone, but 650 mb is taken up but no songs or photos are on there...plz help.. i have a 2 gig ipod nano

nano girl
Unregistered guest
i plugged in my 2gb ipod nano its said "do not dissconnect" but then i took the cable out and now its frozen and its say do not disconect so i put the cable back in and on my itunes the update ipod tab isnt highlighted wat shall i doo ?????

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2523
1. Reset your iPod.
5. Restore your iPod.

Anonymous

got 30 gig ipod do you have to use itunes to successfully download music and videos to ipod?I am not having any luck using alternative peer 2peer sharing sites.

jt12
Unregistered guest
I have an ipod nano and i recharged the battery. Well, now it says Ok to Disconnect but is in disk mode. How do I go back to the old mode? If I have to reset my Ipod, how do I do that? Whould it be okay for me to plug my nano back into the charger and bring up Itunes?

TIA

Unregistered guest
I had to reset my iPod, and it says to connect it to the outside power source to reflash the firmware. I don't have an outside power source, so what do I do?

Unregistered guest
I had an ipod mini sept and am really hacked off as i keep on getting this message the file itunes library.it1 cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of i tunes.that is what it says when i click into i tunes can someone tell me how to transfer music from cd to comp to i pod without using i tunes please.

Nomis Rulc
Unregistered guest
Having problems mounting your shuffle?
Device detected on some computers and not others but you still can't mount it?
Resetting the Shuffle doesn't help?

I've discovered that the only way to reset the Shuffle properly is to run it ABSOLUTELY flat (i.e. NO lights come on anymore) and then;
1. launch the IPOD updater with the IPOD disconnected.
2. Wait until the updater is completely loaded.
3. Connect the IPOD Shuffle and wait.
4. You should see: IPOD detected, then USB Mass Storage device and finally Disk.
5. The IPOD updater might take few (5) more minutes and then should give you the restore option.
6. Click on the restore option and hopefully that fixes your problems.
7. If you get a disk write error during update - time to realise APPLE SUCKS!

Unregistered guest
i need help. my i pod nano is not coming up on itunes. it say reinstall itunes to ur ipod . how do i do that. the updater also says error when i try and open it

Smartie
Unregistered guest
Hi
I have had my ipod for about four months and just yesterday it started to go all wrong. First it kept freezing so I kept having to restart it. One time all my music had gone but then I put it in the computer and it came back. I thought that was the end of my ordeal but now whenever I turn it on it makes a whirring noise and shows a sad ipod. I have tried to reset it but nothing happens. Has anyone else experianced this problem or knows a number I can call, I would be very grateful

Username: Texsgal

I plugged in my ipod to my PC and when I was finished I clicked "safely remove hardware" after doing so my computer froze, when it released it tried again but no luck. I waited 30 minutes and the same thing happened and it was eating my battery (when I plugged it in it was fully charged) 1 hour later it was nearly depleated. Not knowing what to do I unplugged the USB cable. I plugged the ipod back in and I received a message " malfunction, can not read mass device". I figure it is because I unplugged it "unsafely" is there anything I can do to correct my poor judgement?

Unregistered guest
need help with transfering songs from the mini to a new 30 gig i bought

I DO NOT HAVE THE SONGS ON MY PC ANYMORE..at all..so i need to get whats on my mini to my 30 gig how do i do that?

thanks!
_rose

SavMogirl
Unregistered guest
My ipod is working great but i have some questions and no one to answer them..hopefully you can!I would like to know how to put movies from my own dvds onto my ipod..I dont really want to pay to get the movie that i already have just to have it on my ipod.If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.Thanks a Bunch

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2614

quote:

need help with transfering songs from the mini to a new 30 gig i bought

I DO NOT HAVE THE SONGS ON MY PC ANYMORE..at all..so i need to get whats on my mini to my 30 gig how do i do that?

You have to realize transferring songs from an ipod to another ipod, computer etc. is difficult-made worse by Apple's software. Most people who ask that question don't understand that and lack the experience to use the guide I've listed below...

"-first you must idtag ALL your music in ipod correctly make sure because it's going to matter
-enable the use as hard disc feature of your ipod
-go to "my computer" and click on your ipod
-now open the folder that reads "controls" and then open the folder "music"
-you now see a lot of folders named 'FY2' or something like that in these folders you will see about a dozen of audio/visual files
-these files have names like "R4T" etc
-create a folder in which you arrange everything on a detailed list, more specifically "artist" "album" "name" etc
-copy these music files from your ipod into this folder
-the name of the files in this folder are still strange but if you idtagged it right you should see the names, artist , albumtitles etc. appearing next to the "weird name"
-after you change the names to your liking you can "add the files" to your iTunes library

good luck it's a long and tiring proces"

quote:

My ipod is working great but i have some questions and no one to answer them..hopefully you can!I would like to know how to put movies from my own dvds onto my ipod..I dont really want to pay to get the movie that i already have just to have it on my ipod.If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.Thanks a Bunch

There's DVD ripping software for iPods all over the internet. Googling it would be best. http://howto.diveintomark.org/ipod-dvd-ripping-guide/
That might also help.

-gabZ-
Unregistered guest
i lost all my songs because my ipod froze. but i don't know how to put them back because my brother did it for me last time,now he moved and i want to put songs, but i don't know how...and i lost the guide...
i have a 20GB.
i also want to know what does''photo import'' means?
its on my ipod but i dont think i can put pictures...its in black and white.. can someone tell me if we can put pictures and how to put songs..
thanks!

Username: Chazzum

Iv had my ipod mini for months and never had any problems with it, but i plugged it in the other day to add some more songs and my computer just wont reconise it.

its says charging so it is gettin power and theres nothing wrong with the lead or anything but my computer just wont reconise that its plugged in.

i seem to remember having a update pop up in itunes for the ipod so i think i did it, and i think this is wat screwed it up.

i uninstalled itunes, and installed it again and during the instal it says to plug in the ipod so i did and it wouldnt continue the installation because it cant see that its plugged in

my ipods working fine i just cant put anymore songs on coz of this problem

anyone had similar problem or know how to fix?

Cheers.

Unregistered guest
Hi I'm having a problem with my i-pod nano. It wont turn on! I have plugged it in with the usb cable to turn in on but that didnt work. I have tried playing around with all the buttons in hopes that it will suddenly turn on but it wont! Please help!

Unregistered guest
hi guys & gals, i have just got an ipo video for my birthday, and i want to download some movies how do i do this also can i copy movies from dvd to my ipod

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2650

quote:

had my ipod mini for months and never had any problems with it, but i plugged it in the other day to add some more songs and my computer just wont reconise it.

its says charging so it is gettin power and theres nothing wrong with the lead or anything but my computer just wont reconise that its plugged in.

i seem to remember having a update pop up in itunes for the ipod so i think i did it, and i think this is wat screwed it up.

i uninstalled itunes, and installed it again and during the instal it says to plug in the ipod so i did and it wouldnt continue the installation because it cant see that its plugged in

my ipods working fine i just cant put anymore songs on coz of this problem

anyone had similar problem or know how to fix?

1. Reset your iPod.
5. Restore your iPod.

quote:

Hi I'm having a problem with my i-pod nano. It wont turn on! I have plugged it in with the usb cable to turn in on but that didnt work. I have tried playing around with all the buttons in hopes that it will suddenly turn on but it wont! Please help!

How long have you had it and when was the last time you charged it?

quote:

can i copy movies from dvd to my ipod

I answered that in my last post...

Username: Mattysam

Hi I need help with my ipod nano, i'm trying to install a disc i got with it but i cant. i keep getting a message saying 1607:unable to install installshield scripting runtime. Can you Help?

Unregistered guest
HI, I've just bought a second-hand 40gig ipod. It has been working fine, but when I last docked it I had to update the software. When this was finished, I got a message to 'reflash the firmware' by plugging it into an external power source. I assumed that this would take a few mintues, but I left it on all night and the 'plug' icon is still showing. I have tried to reset it by holding down the menu & play buttons, I get the apple icon, but then the plug icon comes back.
I've trawled through numerous forums looking for help... any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanking you in advance...

George12
Unregistered guest
Hi! can anyone help me,i got an ipod nano everytime i connected to my computer it will reset my comp, it keep doing it over and over any suggestions ? plz help. thanks

Unregistered guest
hi,
my ipod nano wont reset. i press menu and select buttons (on a flat surface, like they say) but nothing happens.
im getting -disk mode ok to disconnect- screen.
dont know what to do?
anyone can help?
thank you,
magda

Whitney
Unregistered guest
My girlfriend has a ipod nano, and it is stuck in disk mode, how do I get it out of disk mode?...Please e-mail me at jaredjenkins7@hotmail.com
thanks

Hannah
Unregistered guest
Can any one help me? I have a nano and wen i try to update the songs, i plug it into the USB cable and into the comp but it comes up with this thing that says do you want to upload the pictures! i DONT want to do that! i dont think it recognises my ipod coz it wont let me update the songs onto it and im getting really annoyed now coz its been like this for a couple of days now! Please help if any one knows what the problem is please please please!

Unregistered guest
my ipod mini i brought of a mate plugged it in it recognised it uploaded songs but it froze so i resetted it and now it wont recognise the ipod mini all it does is charge and i cant get music on it is it just this computer or any ways of fixing it it just says theres no usb there

Unregistered guest
i know jexxed answered it last time but its still not working after i did that. any chance you can email me the answer on sarrysfan@hotmail.com and i would love you

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2698
You followed these steps?
1. Reset your iPod.
5. Restore your iPod.

Nothing worked?

Jon890
Unregistered guest
Yesterday, I used the disk on my iPod to transfer a non-music file to another computer. When attached to the computer, I got a wierd message that said my iPod could not be connected because files on it were in use by the computer. After letting it sit for a good long while, it finally allowed me to safely remove it. However, shortly after, the iPod just stopped turning on. I assumed it was the battery, so I left it plugged into the adapter for the night. The good news is it will turn on...The bad news is that it only turns on when it is in "hold". I don't know what to do. I have updated it and now restored it and I am still having the same problem. I honestly do not know if it is a software or a hardware problem. If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Mikaela1115
Unregistered guest
my ipod mini has been working fine the last few months but the battery went dead last night and ive been trying to charge it but it isnt coming on at all. what can i do to make it work again?

Unregistered guest
hey,
just got the version of ephpod 2 and can't get my playlists off itunes - i did it ages ago when i downloaded the trial verision but now i don't have a clue what i changed in the settings of i tunes to transfer the songs accreoss to ephpod. can anyone help with this?

Username: Tobey86

Hey, I very recently bought an iPod Video 30GB. My roommate has an iPod as well and has like 3000 songs in his iTunes, mostly off his cds (he has a lot). I've researched sharing music between computers but if you want to put that music on an iPod from a different computer you have to buy it. I was wondering, because this site is scaring the crap out of me, if it would be safe to upgrade his iTunes to the 6.0 version I have and either get the music from his iTunes or transfer his music, using my iPod has a hard drive, and putting it into my account? He has Windows XP and I'm able to create my own account, but I don't want to spend $3000 for the same songs he has on cds in his basement. And it would also be very impractical to import the cds again onto my windows account if they are already on his. I'm hoping you're understanding what I'm asking. I just want to get his songs onto my iPod; and maybe, if possible, get them into my own iTunes account. I have so much power in this thing, I want to make the most of it. Thanks so much.
Thomas

Username: Irish_lad

Dear Berny,

I need your help desperately! I have seen other people have this problem but am still no nearer a solution...please help!

On the 1st day i had my laptop my ipod initially works but then i go to put it in again & it wont recognise it even though it is still charging it.

Any suggestions 4m any1 welcome! Thank you!

Username: Loubers

Hello i would like to know when i load a cd onto my computer how to get it from there onto my ipod. Stupid i know but cannot find any instructions. thanx x

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2751

quote:

my ipod mini has been working fine the last few months but the battery went dead last night and ive been trying to charge it but it isnt coming on at all. what can i do to make it work again?

The battery is ruined, you'll have to replace it.

Username: Weena

I went on to itunes today and all of my songs have been deleted but they are still on my ipod! This has happened to me in the past and I used a program called music librator. I really need to use the programe again but I can't remember the website and I have googled it but nothing has come up. Do you know the website or do you know of another one that has a programe that will help me get my songs back?

Username: Qrioscat

Sorry if this is a repeat problem - some of these posts are hard to read and where they've seemed to be a similar problem, I didn't see a solution...

I'm suddenly having trouble downloading songs to my Shuffle. When using autofill to load songs, a pop-up stated there is not enough space to download any songs - would you like iTunes to dl as many songs as it can? I selected yes. No songs were downloaded.

I've had this Shuffle for a little over a year. I've downloaded all the updates iTunes has presented. I've never had this problem (or really any others) before. I have Windows XP, computer is a month old, if that makes any difference.

Can anyone please suggest a solution?

Thanks so much!

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2792
You might need to clear some songs from your playlist so it will have sufficient room. I had to do that with my iPod Mini and it didn't work that well either.

Username: Jawid

Toronto, Weston Canada

what if u forgot u r password for an ipod the screen lock what do u have to do?

Username: Sheepello

right heres a tricky one

my ipod started to update its software, and a progress bar came on screen, this completed.
then a picture showing my mains plug adapter came up.
so i plugged it into my mains and another progress bar came up.
then this bar froze half way for 10 mins so i reset my ipod.
now its dead. wont reset wont charge wont be recognized by my pc it just clicks when i plug it to my usb.
its the 20gb 4th gen with the clickwheel.
any ideas what it could be cz i need it for my car!!!! lol

cheers jay

Username: Stevenmartin99

if anybody needs help reparing an ipod that has the folder(!) or apple logo problem please email me at stevenmartin99@hotmail.com

Username: Ipodformat

Looking for a low level iPod format?
try http://wwww.gabalot.co.uk
or <a href="http://www.gabalot.co.uk">Cant mount ipod- low level format solution</a>

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2851
Why would anyone need to low level format their iPod?

Username: Iva

HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP
HELP

PLEASE HELP ME GET OUT OF DISK MODE
RESETTING IT AGAIN DOES NOT WORK

HOW DO I GET OUT OF DISK MODE??

THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH

Username: Kimble

Hay i just got an ipod nano and i put my dads music onto it instead of mine! can you please help me because i dont know how to delete it.

Username: Vidhi

hi!while updating my ipod,after successfully copying over 300 songs ,an unknown error occurs[36].everytime i try again same thing happens after copying a few songs.HELP.

Username: Anonymoussadguy

i have the 2 gig ipod nano and it is stuck on hold. It will not turn on, except if i connect it to my computer. the only problem is that it won't turn off of hold. Someone Please help me. This is my first ipod. please!!! Send me an e-mail at a7x_all_nite@yahoo.com I'm begging please!

Username: Kenny122003

Portadown, Co.armagh Northern ire...

help! i bought an ipod nano @ christmas and it was workin fine one day, i left it 2 charge and it wouldnt charge! i sent the ipod + charger to da ipod place n they sayd ther was nufin rong wi it! it still wont charge and wen i try to charge it, it makes a buzzy shaky sound! help, i cant find anywer that sells the chargers for cheap either, theyr all £60

Username: Sandrozic

Manila, Qc Philippines

hi, this is my first post..
i bought a second-hand 20gb 4G ipod last month, all went smoothly until yesterday night. it wouldnt fully charge my ipod, i dont know if overcharging it may cause damage to it..(ofcourse it does).

anyway, i tried charging it again and it shows the "battery with the lightning" logo.. after a few minutes the image would freeze..the bar wouldnt move anymore.. how can i fix this? help please.. i tried to reset it a dozen times already, still no luck..

please please please help.. :-)

if anyone can help me in any way, please do send it to my email ad.. sandro_zic@yahoo.com

tnx tnx tnx

Username: Sarahbyrne

hey,, would anyone be able to help me... i just recieved a 30gb iPod for my birthday. I have all the stuff on my PC ready to go on my iPod, but i don't know how to get it on my iPod!! can anyone help me?? :-(

Username: Liz666

GlasgowScotland

Daughters ipod mini screen went blank, have tried to reset it but nothing happens. is the battery dead or is there anything else she can try.

Username: Elevation

hey, i just got an ipod nano.
i plugged it in (i already had iTunes) and my computer (windows XP) asked me(in a program called iPod updater) to either "restor" or "update" my iPod. i could not find any information about this in the booklet so i clicked 'update'. Now, whenever i plug the iPod in, the computer seems to recognise that an iPod has been plugged in, however, when i go into iTunes the iPod doesnt appear. I have tried to go back into the "updater" program but all it ever says is; diconnect all iPod applications and then try again", and then it usually freezes.
Also when i try to click on the "removable disc" icon in 'my computer' the 'my computer' window freezes'.
Can somebody please help me

Username: Jage

HELP!

i just got a new mac laptop and was moving songs off my 30gb video ipod - using 'ilink' - then out of no where the ipod couldn't find any of it songs - the track names were still there but it coulndt play any thing.

so i plugged it back in to my pc and had a look and it said it couldnt find any files. so i deleted all the songs (track names really), with the plan of just downloading my whole library back onto the ipod again. however when i went to do this - it said there was not enough room! i looked in itunes and explorer and it claimes that out of the 30gbs only 2gbs are free! i cant find my music any where? i tried resetting it but to no effect!

any suggestions aside from taking it back?

Username: ~ashleigh~

NC US

k so i got sum free podcasts and added them 2 my library then updated my iPod. now, i don't want the podcasts anymore so i deleted them off of my library and updated my iPod. nothing happend. they r still there. what do i do cuz i'm about 2 thro this thing out the window.

Username: Colourmestupid33

Hey, I've had my ipod mini for a year and its been working realy well up untill about a week ago i downloaded a whole bunch of new music and it hasn't been updateing since. I've tried resetting it, and doing system restores. When i try to use the Ipod update it asks me to plug in my ipod when its already plugged in.

Thanks!

Username: Bobjorn

WB, MI USA

My Nano has the forward button stuck. I know because when you choose a list, you can see it forward through 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. just as if you were pressing the forward button. It won't play any songs, because of this.

I have restarted the device (toggle the hold, hold down center and top buttons), and it reboots fine. Then when you are in a list with more than 1 song, it forwards through them.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobjorn@comcast.net

Username: Meganbobegan

St.Charles, Missouri United States

ok so I just downloaded some new songs onto my iTunes. I pluged my iPod into my computer and it said it updated it. Yet when I went to my iPod songs none of my new songs were in there so basically I bought songs and they didnt go into my iPod.... how can I fix this?

Username: Loserface

my ipod nano worked fine all day until i tried to listen to it again. I tried to turn it on and it wouldnt so i hooked it up to the computer and it only says ok to disconnect and has disc mode at the top. how do i make it turn on so i can listen to it????

Username: Kristen_eheh

okay i have had my ipod nano (1 gig) for about one month and i went to take it off my iBlaster and it said Disk Mode with a check and OK to disconnent. i have tried alot off things but i can do anything it wont turn off or anything it is like stuck on it and when i connect it to my computer it just says do not disconnent can someone please help! i start start school tomorrow and i want it for my 15 minutes bus ride!!

Username: Kfitz10

ok i have no idea what went wrong with this, please help....

ok. so i have all of my songs i want in my itunes and i have updated my ipod before. and it worked perfectly. but today i went to plug in my ipod to charge it, and all my songs got deleted off my ipod. (my ipod automatically gets updated when i plug it in) i checked in my library and yes all the boxes are still checked. but when i go into my username, theyres no songs on there. i click update, it takes about 2 seconds to update and nothing shows up. whats going on? how can i get my songs back on my ipod? thanks:-)

Username: Mjw

itunes was deleted off my computer but my songs are still on my ipod. how can i get them back on to itunes without them getting deleted?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 4598
m j w: You will need some third party software. Check google. :-)

Username: Timoti

TimaruNew zealand

i got an ipod and it wont let me download movies can someone help me plz i really want some movies its a 30Gb ipod

Username: Timoti

TimaruNew zealand

hi i got an 30DGb ipod but i dont no how to put videos on i got all videos but i tryed to put on and it said this ipod cant play movies can someone please help me if u can please email me at Timoti_30400@hotmail.com

Username: Donkey14

My ipod(5th generation) isn't working anymore!!! I have unplugged it and it and took the hold off and it still says that hold is on and "do not disconnect" My computer won't acknowledge that an ipod is plugged in and it won't let me do anything with the ipod!!!! I've restarted the computer and everything in case it was the computer but it's still doing the same thing!!! SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!

Username: Hollyumz

Edinburgh

iPod Help. ok my screen is stuck and it says 'ok to disconnect' and also disk mode. i have a ipod nano 2gb does anyone know what to do?

Username: Sider2442

Illinois USA

I just got bought off ebay the ipod photo 60GB, i have over 10,000 songs on my computer(not itunes) can i put them on my new ipod and please tell me how if its posible... can email me at sider2442@aol.com thanks, please help me

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13604
You can download iTunes for free. Once you have that, you can transfer the songs to the iTunes library then you can transfer the songs to your iPod.

Username: Bwardell

my 9 year old somehow locked her i-pod nano. she cannot remember the code she used. how can i unlock this for her?

Username: Fatalsiinz

im having problems with my ipod. i charge it all night on a ipod doc. in the morning on my way to work, i can only listen to about 5 songs and then it gives me a no battery life left message. it gets pretty frustrating, well pisses me off to be honest. any suggestions?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13682
How old is the iPod?

Did the battery ever run out before?

Username: Fatalsiinz

the ipod is about 3years old. its the mini ipod. ive never had problems with it before, until a month or two ago.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13700
3 years old, huh? Well, it is time for the battery to be changed out. The battery is near the end of it's serviceable life and needs to be replaced.

Username: Purple_mariah

San diego, California United states

hellpppp!!!! my ipod nano isnt working and im worried to death! well it all started when i plugfged my ipod in the computer and the apple appeared in the scrreen of the ipod but then lines appeared and the screen went black now, i cant turn it on and when i connect it it wont work pllllllllllllzz help me im begging u !

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13768
Go into diagnostic mode:

Press and hold the Rewind and Select button until you see a reversed Apple logo.

Let go and scroll down until you see "RESET"

Username: Patriots23

My ipod says that I have like 1,000MB of "other" stuff on my ipod when I have never put any picture or video or anything on it. It is taking up a lot of space, and I do not know how to delete it. It is a 2GB Ipod Nano and it only has 600 some songs on it when it is supposed to hold like 1,000. Where do I go to delete this 'other'?}}}

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13931
First make sure that you back up your music in the iTunes library.

This type of problem happens when you still have music in the iPod and it is no longer in the library and it isnot synching properly with iTunes.

What you need to do is go to the settings on your iTunes and then click on restore. This will erase everything on your iPod and put it back to a mode when you first bought the unit.

After this is done follow the instructions on iTunes and all the old stuff on your iPod will be erased and you will recover all the space you had.

Username: Lilelle229

Hello, my ipod has been busted for a day, i left it in my car yesterday for 3 hours and it was sunnny and hot, but idk if thats the problem with it. I left it on while i was at work for 6 hours, i plugged it in my car to play and it froze, i did the restart thing, then it just kept trying to restart and never got to the main screen, now im stuck with my ipod trying to restart constantly and no solution. It also says "Please Wait, battery low" but it doesnt charge anyway, and then that screen goes away and it keeps trying to restart. Any help would be great

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13994
Do you know how to put it in disk mode?

If you can do so, put it in disk mode and connect it to your computer then do a restore by using iTunes.

Username: Jennifer_may

Hi.
I Had My Ipod Sience December 25th and when i try to turn it on it Freezes on me and then doesnt turn off. the other day i turned it on and it said FAT Problem. and then wouldnt turn off. and when it turns on it doesnt show anything besides symbols. Can you help me }}

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14045
What symbols? Can you put it on "disk mode"?

Username: Jennifer_may

I dont think i can put it on disk mode. but when i tried turning it on it made a clicking noise and then it wouldnt turn off.. so i had to let it die. but the symbols that it shows are just the regular symbols like the music sign and stuff like that but when i click on it , it doesnt let me listen to the music or see whats playing }}}

Username: Stevenmartin99

hi jennifer,, email at stevenmartin99@hotmail.com with ur problem. i can tell u how to sort this

Username: Phillipsworld

Toronto, Ontario Canada

i bought a i pod nano and im not shure if i should return it and get a ipod video}

Username: Phillipsworld

Toronto, Ontario Canada

I bought a ipod nano 2gig should i return it to the store and get a ipod video 30gigs email me at phillipsworld@hotmail.com

Platinum Member

Post Number: 14047
Yes.

Username: Ipodkiller

my ipod froze, and idk wat to do......plz help me

Username: Blondie10

Ok, i got my ipod mini in 04. It was fine at first but now its screen is cracked, it needs a new clickwheel, and sometimes..... well most of the time all my music is gone!!!!! plz plz help me!!! how do i replace my screen and clickwheel, and how do i get my music back?????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us