Convert MP3 to WMA

Bronze Member
Username: Retiredjetp

Post Number: 26
I have my first MP3 player and it says it will store twice as many WMA files as MP3. So I went and converted some of my MP3 files, but the WMA files are actually larger then the MP3 files.
What happened?
Chuck

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2351

quote:

it says it will store twice as many WMA files as MP3

Those formats should be swapped. I would blame the typo on poor translation or stupidity.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Even if swapped, is an MP3 twice as small as an WMA ? I looked at both types and they are very close in size.
Chuck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
This is cut and paste from this web site where it advertises this MP3 player.......
512 MB of memory plays back over 8 hours of MP3 (16 hours of WMA) music (over 120 MP3/240 WMA songs), Supports Microsoft PlaysForSure Downloads and Subscription, FM tuner (20 preset stations), Voice recording with built-in microphone, Up to 19 hours continuous ...
Chuck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
O.K. What gives, I have checked the specs on several other MP3 players and they ALL hold twice as many WMA songs as MP3 songs.
Chuck

Myffin
Unregistered guest
This confusion is all about bitrates.
MP3s can be made from 8 to 320 kbits/s. If you compress your MP3s so hard that they sound as messy as WMAs do than you can fit the same number of songs in your player.
btw. MP3 is an open standard where all the world know how they are build up inside, WMA on the other hand is just another proprietary crap format of MicroShit where nowbody knows waht they have hidden inside before our eyes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us