Ipod Nano Recall?

Username: Awafaehame

Post Number: 9
I heard that the Ipod Nano has been recalled due to the problems with the screens scratching very easily? Is this correct? My son wants one for his birthday but I am not going to buy one to find that the screen will scratch in a matter of days and the whole thing will be thrown in a drawer and forgotten about.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2229
Yes, it scratches extremely easily. Plus, there aren't many cases out for them at the moment. I wouldn't suggest buying it. The Mini is still my favorite...

Username: Awafaehame

Post Number: 10
OK, Jexx thanks very much for that. Do you know if they have actually been recalled or are Apple still happily punting them out?

helios2k6
Unregistered guest
http://www.cpsc.gov/ that website should give you all the recalls that have been announced in america

irfan
Unregistered guest
you can get a clear "skin" to cover the face with... thats what i did and you really cant tell that its even covers... it protects it from scratched.. thos the scratches i got on the first day show right thru the skin anyways, i still think its a good idea.
i useda "back" skin (the piece that should cover the back.. on the front so i dont have to deal with any cutouts. the wheel works fine thru the skin

irfan
Unregistered guest
i mean "skin" as in a thin non-residue adhesive backed FILM, not a rubber or plastic sleeve

bk
Unregistered guest
only scratches easy if you put it in your pocket with your keys. Learn to take care of your toys :/

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2292
I'm talking relative to other mp3's as far as the scratching issue goes.

tbrslxsr
Unregistered guest
bk,

people have had a lot of scratching issues without anything coming into contact with it. even shattered screens without any force... it is the thinness, not people being careless.

Juliexxxxx
Unregistered guest
i dropped mine off a tredmill at a 6 minute mile and onto a concrete floor and no scratches. quite happy with it.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2338
Most scracthes are collective. One time experiences do not necessarily prove anything.

matthew ryan
Unregistered guest
just got back from walmart with no luck finding one. The guy in electronics said they've shipped back all of thier stock due to recall and won't have any more before christmas. they say the screens chip or crack with virtually no pressure applied, so apple will have to come up with a better screen. this is just what i was told by the walmart salesperson.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us