Ipod software WILL NOT install

Username: Parmcat

Post Number: 1
OK...here is the thing.

I am trying to help out a friend that has run out of patience....

She has just bought an IPod Mini, and has followed the instructions for installing the software....

It goes through all the install, and no errors, and gets to the end, and looks like all is well.

The Program files/Ipod folder never gets installed???? So..I set up a new folder on the desktop, and tried to reinstall again, using the new folder...does the same thing, and folder is EMPTY.

It is not found in the programs list, and not in add/remove folder.

Any help is GREATLY appriciated.

Parm

Username: Giventree

Post Number: 1
Hey I have the same problem except when i put the Ipod softwareCD in nothing shows up in MY COMPUTER and when putting the disk should I plug in my Ipod? HELP!!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 3306
Sean, what is your OS?

Just trying to help
Unregistered guest
sounds like an OS problem. Download the app from apple.com

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

Powered Fusion Game Zone - "Play Hard!"
http://www.PoweredFusion.com

Unregistered guest
I had the same problem, i am running suse linux but i dual boot load to windows xp. What i had to do was have my ipod plugged in via USB, and the computer had to identify the ipod BEFORE installing the software and it worked fine.

ildar
Unregistered guest
Exact same problem.. I installed the original software from the CD, (tried to install) tried to install it from the web-site and the same thing happens.. Kind of frustrating to first having to buy USB 2.0, and second to deal with the problem like this becuz apple does not know how to make software that properly works ...
(would never use ipod, but i won it)

Lando
Unregistered guest
Parm,

Whatever happened? I have the same problem...Did you find a solution!!????

Unregistered guest
YES !! YES !!
I TOO... POSTED ON THE APPLE WEB SITE (link below)

Topic: Seriously frustrated - RAPED BY THIS JUNK - 60gig ipod is rubbish!

YES APPLE ANOTHER RAPED CUSTOMER !!!!!

I CAN NOT EXPRESS HOW UPSET I AM WITH APPLE

Itunes just won't recognise my new and sadly unused ipod. no matter how many times i reset / restore / restart there is no sign of my ipod in my itunes. All I want to do now is return the thing to the shop.

SADLY ...this is the first time with APPLE .... I'm leaving for a week holiday down south in a day .... and had planned to use this SH.IT !!!... on the plane ..

I CAN NOT EXPRESS HOW UPSET I AM WITH APPLE AND THIS 60GIG IPOD VIDEO ( and I work in the computer industry ...you would think I should be able to use this )

Documentation sucks !!!!
Support non-existent !!!!
MOST OF ALL .....I did not have K-Y jelly ..!!!

check the internet ...everyone having problems ...

check the link ..everyone having the same problam !!

xx=tt below:

hxxp://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=807

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us