My RCA- H125 mp3 player says"file system corrupted"?!?

Username: Baby_luv

Post Number: 1
could some1 help me wit my mp3 when i turn it on it either says "file system corrupted", or the back light keeps on blinking without stopping and i can't do anything else wit it. I just got it so i dont know wat happened.Does anybody know wat to do when it says "file system corrupted". Please help and THanx!

Username: Toddless10

yeah, i had to call support for this one...

turn on your MP3 player
hold down your power button for 10 seconds, that will reset the system, if it doens't restart, then power it on now
next i hope you have copies of all your songs somewhere cuz you have to go to My Computer on a computer after you hook the mp3 player to it
..then you right click the mp3 player icon/file w/e it comes up as
then click format...say yes/ok to any warnings..

then sync more music to your player using windows media player or w/e you used b4...

now disconnect your player from the computer
the mp3 player should profile on its own..
and now your good

i think this is a problem with a lot of these players....i'm willing to complain more if i can find enough people to back me up...

everytime i charge my player for more than 2 hours it does this to me....GRR!!

Username: Lucci_42

Snellville, Ga USA

Hi,
I just received my RCA H125A MP3 player christmas 06. It played beautifully. I'm now experiencing the "System File Corrupted". I can't navigate or do anything but look at the purple/blue screen, it's locked up. I'm also hearing a clicking-whining sound like something is turning on the inside of it. I'm lost for words as to why this is happening and don't know how to fix the problem. I'm waiting on RCA tech to contact me.

THANKS WAL-MART, LOL

Lucci

Username: Search_party

did anyone find a solution for this

i cannot reset the player

i've tried everything

i have sent a message to support, but no response.

Post Number: 2
yeah everyone refer to my previous posting..
holding down the power button for more than 15 seconds should reset the player...
if not...follow above directions to format the player
if that doesn't work
Walmart always takes things back....just get a new one...

Username: Kimbyjean

does anyone have the number for the customer service? was a gift to boyfriends daughter and having same problem and she threw out the paper with the number on. and emailing isnt getting us anywhere!

Username: Beepilot

The Customer Support # is 1-866-449-7112.
We had the same problem with the H115 model we bought for our daughter for Xmas. The good news is we did get a new replacement in about 4 weeks with no hassle. The bad news is the replacement lasted a day and did the same thing. So this time we aim to get our money back for this garbage. Of course that is a different department. There's obviously a major problem with these units. Some Xmas present. Customer support seemed good the first time, the product is trash.

Username: Lucci_42

Snellville, Ga USA

basically stole our money with this cheap product. Never every will i purchase anything with there name on it.}

Post Number: 3
I believe the main problem is the "reset" option when you hold the power button for more than 10 seconds, sometimes it literally resets. Also, I have not used the wall plug in to charge my MP3 player, instead I just use my laptop. Yes, it is a bad piece of electronics and I do not recommend you buy it. However, you cannot take one thing that RCA makes and then judge their THOUSANDS of other wonderful electronic devices.
I think you will find the customer service very friendly if you call them, I don't recommend the email part. Perhaps if they get enough complainers there will be a recall, and we will all be happy.

Username: Christynicholex3

I have the same problem, except when I go to my computer and try to find the mp3 icon or w/e its not there, so what do I do??

Username: Eak

I have a H115 also, which seems to be the same or similar to the h125 from what I am reading.I can't find icon on computer- usb does seem to recognize unit. Also getting file corrupt message- reset holding power button isn't working- any other suggestions?

Username: Busymom07

I had the H125 which was having same problems above. Sent it back and
now told they no longer carry it and sending me a H115. Sounds like I
need to fight them and ask for my money back. Should have bought the
I-Pod so much for a pre-christmas sale!

Bronze Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 34
susan, buy a new mp3 player its that simple..yup ipod's are really durable i personally own one, for a while now and haven't experienced any trouble till date..

Post Number: 4
well the H115 is about the same thing as the H125, just an older model

one word on Ipods...battery life deteriates with exessive usage...like a high schooler or grade schooler would use it

I've had my H125 for 4 months now, listen to it every day, plug it into my laptop to charge and to sync, battery life is still the same, and I haven't had any problem with it since I have not plugged it into the wall.

I just don't believe the extra $150 is worth it just for the name Ipod and Apple.

As far as not finding the icon..you computer just doesn't recognize it, and I really can't help you there. Best bet is to do the same thing as Susan.

I really don't know anything about the H115, so Danielle, your guess is as good as mine. You can try calling service support, or even doing the same as Susan, just get a new one.

I'm thinking that enough were sold, that soon, there will be a recall on this item.

Username: Verna_fed_up

Well I wasn't the only one to get ripped-off with the RCA model H125, I see. My daughter is heartbroken. Her first piece of crap bought with hard earned money. What is her recourse?

Username: Beepilot

Verna....Call RCA support at the # they give you in the package..1-866-449-7112. I did that and after sending our unit back they sent a replacement. No problem there. However the replacement lasted 24 hours. I called the above # again right away and they said to send it back and they'd replace it again. I raised you know what and said I wanted my money back and not another piece of crap. They gave me customer service # and they said I couldn't get a cash refund until "REPEATED FAILURE" but they could send an upgraded unit and they'd mail out a prepaid mailing label right away . They "eventually" sent a prepaid mailing label after a couple more phone calls and obviously NOT mailing it out. 1 week later I did get an upgraded unit...a LYRA X2400 Multi Media recorder. It works fine so far. But this was for our daughter as a Xmas present and we long ago got her a SANSA unit which she loves. We couldn't see her go until March/April for her Xmas present.(we just got the last unit last week ..last week of March) I inherited the RCA. So call customer service first, just be prepared for another unit no better than the first.

Username: Bebegotskillz

Well i got my H125 and its not letting me on my RCA its on pRofiling and it wont go away i have tried everything and its always playing the same song over and over i cant seem to change it grr...
thanks;;
Amber

}

Username: Jim_gym1989

Thailand

i followed all the steps but when I format my mp3, the computer will say "windows was unable to complete the format". Even if I checked the quick format its still the same...pls help me to solve this problem...

Username: Animalstuffing

Ive gotten one at christman of 2007, and its now lalmost the end of may, and its acting weird. sometimes it will freeze up, sometimes it will make a weird clicking sound and sometimes it will stop song B, go to song A for a second, then play song C. i have no clue whats goin on, and its stupid because its only a 90 day warrenty. and how do i make playlists on it?

~Leroy
animalstuffings@yahoo.com

Username: Nerdypunk

My peice of crap has had every bad thing imaginable happen, including:
file system corrupted
hard disk temperature to high/low
disconnected wires
flashing lights
disconnected audio jack

furthermore I'm outraged that RCA has even removed the product from their website.
Just about $90 dollars fo hard earned money went down the drain because it was a "good deal." I hope RCA will reimburse me for my therapy at the hands of their faulty merchindise.

Username: Danielbrehe91hotmailcom

ya i have a problem with my h115 when i turn it on it says file not found and i cant plug it into the computer ans ive tried manualy restarting it but it wont work what should i do???

Username: Ac_katy

Cleveland, TN USA

My daughter had the same problem, and it took a while to get it resolved. Eventually, they wound up sending us 2 new units - a 4 gig & a 1 gig. Not quite the same, but hopefully we'll not have any more problems!

Username: Mastermesh

Boonville, MO USA

Has anyone been successful in replacing the microdrive with a real compact flash drive? Microdrives have more moving parts are damage easier. I'm curious if you can get the correct directory hierachy set up on a newly formated compact flash to replace the microdrive in this gizmo. I tried it myself a while back with my wife's but the flash updater program from rca didn't work right since it kept saying that the thing was in use by another program or something and kept asking me to shut that other program down even though there was no other program going, so I took the compact flash that I used to test with back to wal-mart for refund. Anyone get this working with compact flash - if so, how?!?

Username: Shahin007

Canada

boot error, shotting down
What i do for solution that problem?
my mail for solution shahin_faizi@mail.ru

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14290
Replace or repair.

Username: Sydm

I bought a refurbished unit for $40.00 at XScargo. It was fine to begin with then started having all the same problems as mentioned above. Of course with me being an electronics technician I decide to take it apart and figure out what was going on. As far as I can tell there seems to be an intermittent connection between the hard drive and the processing board. As soon as I removed and cleaned the interconnect and mating connectors the unit works great once again. I used a super contact cleaner from MG chemicals (it helps by increasing conductivity). Hopes this helps all those who can DIY. My regrets to the lay people.

Username: Sydm

to Jeff Thomann,
I think you'll have to write new firmware for the processor chip in the unit so it can properly access and write to the compact flash drive. Good Luck ;)

Username: Sokhem

Hello,

i got the same problem but it's fixed.

hold on M, Select, power button while connect device to your computer USB.

after the computer reconizes the device, upgrade the firmware for better performance.

khem

Username: Seekertom

Things run funny, sometimes. All the stuff above, and here I dig this thing out of the bottom of a drawer, haven't used it in prob'ly years, plugged into usb port on pc, 1/2 hr later charged up and ready to play. I ul my 4.5 gb tunes to my pc just for kicks, and also to see if there were any anomalies with the hd, but all went well. Now, watch it die tomorrow! HA!

Username: Lyrahappy

Refurbished mine, new battery and replaced the 5GB HD to a 32GB CF Card.
Runs like hell, never really had issues with it, besides the low battery.
Running now more than 5 years, best player i ever had.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us