Need advice on mp3 CD Player & FM Transmitter

BeetleB
Unregistered guest
(Apologies if this is a repost - I didn't find my previous message on the board)

Hi,

I plan on going on a cross country trip soon, and was looking to buy an mp3 CD player & FM transmitter to entertain me on the way.

Any suggestions on good ones (I live in the US)? It clearly shouldn't be expensive (otherwise I'd just buy a car mp3 player).

Features that are probably must haves:

External Power Adapter support (not too important)

CD-R support (CD-RW is a plus - I think all support both anyway?)

When I stop a track, it should be able to continue from within the track at the same place I left it.

Fairly low power consumption (I'm not sure this is much of an issue these days)

Playlist Programmability.

Ability to seek through a single track (if a track is 20 minutes long, I should be able to jump, say, to the 15th minute).

Also want an FM transmitter:

Good quality (of course) in the dustance range used in my car.

Large number of frequencies to choose from.

The only one I could find reviews for was the Belkin Tunecast II.

Thanks

Unregistered guest
I also am looking for an mp3 cd player after mine finally quit. I was very happy with my old one, but I can't find one similar to it. As for you, Beetle, instead of an FM transmitter I would recommend a tape deck adaptor, which run for $10-20. If you really want an FM transmitter, I recommend the Belkin adaptor, but my RCA tape deck adaptor serves me very well.
What I am looking for in a new mp3 cd player is:

Price range: under $70

Large screen (at least a 2-line full text display, but the larger the better. My old one had 2 lines of text displaying 16 characters each, a line of numbers, and a line of decals to show type of file, mode, etc.)

Ability to play either Atrac3 or WMA format (not esential: Atrac3 playback is preferable to WMA playback).

Long battery life is not my highest concern, but the longer the better.

NOT a mini-cd player: I want either a minidisc player or a normal CD-R/RW player.

Programmability

Equalizer settings

Remote control is a plus but not necessary; if it has its own screen, even better.

Full ID3 tag support, as well as displaying filename.

Not all of these are essential, and I want to try to stick to my budget. Thanks in advance for any help.

sammie
Unregistered guest
Hey everyone if you need any other advice come to my web page at http://sammiejustice.tripod.com/starzandthingz

i also have other things that might help you with AIM or your own web page so have fun!

Anonymous

Sammie, no advertising here. That site has NOTHING to do with the current topic at hand. Furthermore, people like you are hated by all respectable forum users. Either stick to the topic at hand or don't use the forums.

565rtfg
Unregistered guest
I just got a Sony D-NE270 for $80 Canadian.

Pretty low-end, but it has long battery life, MP3 and Atrac3Plus support, and ID3 and everything. :-)

Unregistered guest
Check out the Coby brand...They are the only ones that I know of that have everything you want PLUS the fm Transmitter...I've been looking for another brand for a while now with no luck...I will let ya know if I find anything different.
http://ecoby.com/Products/Item.asp?cat=9800&pid=MPCD950

Username: Jsneeringer

Austin, TX United States

Post Number: 1
I am converting .WAV files from a digital voice recorder to MP3, and either the MP3 files are much larger (~4x) or the quality is much worse. What are the best MP3 parameters to use?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us