New Receiver for Klipsch Quintet's

Username: Srenfrew

Post Number: 1
I am finally going to upgrade my Sony STR-DE925 and I was looking at either the Yamaha RX-V1400 or a Onkyo TX-SR701, but im open to other suggestions that are in the same price range. I will be using the receiver with Klipsch Quintet speakers and a Klipsch KSW-150 sub and 95% of the time it will be used for movies. Thanks in advance.

-SR

Username: Paul_t

Post Number: 46
I never heard the "Quintet" system but in general I always foudn Klipsch a very bright sounding speaker.. To me honest I would think Yamaha, Onkyo or your old Sony are all much to bright sounding receivers for Klipsch... I would look into HK, Marantz or NAD they are all much warmer sounding receivers which should do better with brighter speakers.. try and error is your best bet..

Username: Gdawg

Post Number: 54
Paul,
Yamaha are the brightest speakers I can think of! That would sound HORRIBLE with Klipsch.

Steve,
Go with an Elite, Rotel, Marantz, or HK. The Elite line matches well with Klipsch Speakers.(view my profile)What was the specific range you were looking at?

Post Number: 2
thanks for the help guys.

G.DawG,
I bumped my price range up to $1000, so anything up to that price.

-SR

Post Number: 3
It will be used almost strictly for HT.

-SR

Username: Edison

Post Number: 251
I like onkyo 800 and above - won the receiver of the year award at hifi magazine for under 1k unit. Rich and smooth upscale sound.

www.ecost.com has good prices on onkyos.

Post Number: 55
Paul,
In my last post I meant receivers not speakers. That should clear things up a little.

Steve,
Go with an Elite 53 or 55. I would say get the 53, but get the 55 if you think you want the i-link feature.

James,
Not to put your option down, but I would never pair an Onkyo with a Klipsch speaker. It would be so ahrd to listen to, and annoying, that it would hurt your ears after 1 minutes!

Post Number: 4
Thanks again for the help, I think I will give the Elite 53 a try. When I do deceide to upgrade my speaker system and If I go with non Klipsch, what are some other speaker systems that will work well with the Elite 53?

Post Number: 56
Steve,
Thats for you to find out! Find a local place that carries the Elite line, and listen to speakers that sound the best to you. I cant tell you what you will like best, so you need to go explore the Hi-Fi world, and listen to every speaker/receiver combo you can.

I recomend going to a place that specializes in audio, not Best Buy or Circuit City.

Well happy hunting!

G.DawG
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us