Marantz 5300 as a pre-amp ??

Hammersmith
Unregistered guest
Hey ya everyone,

I like my 5300's sound, but it may not be powerful enough for my next upgrade path. So, I was wondering if any of you have used a Marantz 5300 as a preamp? What have you found to work best with it? What success do you expect?

You see, I'm planning on getting some full range speakers in ten months (not a fan of sub woofers and don't want one).. I'm leaning towards products like the Paradigm Studio 100's, and will likley need more juice to drive them well. Pardigm used to sell the "Active" series with amps built into the speakers-- too bad they seem to discontinued that line because it might be a good way to go.

I'm thinking of Cambridge Audio or Rotel amps, but am not really against the NAD multichannel amp line or the Outlaw-- if they pair well with the 5300. I do like value components.

(Currently I use my Marantz with a pair of Paradigms Monitor 7s, CC370 and some older surrounds. Sounds pretty decent for now.)

Sound crazy?

Username: Edison

Post Number: 236
Does Marantz have preouts to connect to a surround amp? You can find good deals on www.audiogon.com

Username: Falp

Post Number: 7
Bigger Speakers have more sensivity, and demand less power! Think of it...

And the Marantz is a very good amp!

Hammersmith
Unregistered guest
Yep, the 5300 does have preouts. (No component video pass through, but I don;t care about that.)
Thanks for the link.

I live in a loft, and need volume to fill up the space. I can always try the larger speaker and then pop for an amp..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us