Onkyo Receivers

Username: Mrcornholio

Post Number: 1
From researching this forum it looks like Onkyo receivers are OK for the price (not the best, but OK). I am looking for a receiver for 50/50 mix of HT and music. This will be used in a small living room. I was ready to buy the SR501 (pretty darn cheap, ~$270), but I was wondering if I should spend the extra $160 and get the 601. I don't care for the dual zones, since I have another receiver, but would not mind spending the extra money if the 601 were a better buy. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 196
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=101502

This one won receiver of the year for the best 1k unit. It is a refurb. Upper models do sound better - doesn't have the nettune.

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 83
Check out the J&R Music World website and see if they still have the 601 refurbished for $199.88. For the money that's hard to beat.

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 84
Sorry for incorrect info. J&R has the 501 for $199.88, not the 601.

Unregistered guest
I just bought a refurbed onkyo txsr-501 from ecost.
It sounds awesome with my system but it cuts out
on me during dvd movies. It will just shut off.
I called onkyo and they had me adjust decibal levels on the speakers but it still shut down on me last night. Once it shuts down it keeps doing it as soon as I turn the unit back on. Its not even doing it during a high volume experience. A little girl is talking and it turns off. Any idea why it would do this. Is there an internal fuse that shuts it down. Do I have a setting wrong or a faulty refurb unit? please shed some light if you can. Thanks guys

Username: Lamazion

Post Number: 3
What guage speaker wire are you using? In the past, some Onkyo models had overheating problems. I would try using 12 or 14 guage wire.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 237
Bruno,

You probably have a diffective unit - get a new one while the warrantee is valid.

First check all the speaker cables to make sure non are touching - at the receiver and speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us