Kenwood VR-606

DTP
Unregistered guest
I have a kenwood vr-606 and i was playing it for a long time and it got really hot and now when i turn it on, it goes on for a second then it goes on stand-by and it been doing that since then. does any body know whats wrong with it. cause it still goes on so i know it still will work.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 416
Try to unplug all cables from the receiver and see if it works then.

DTP
Unregistered guest
I unplug every thing and it still did the same thing u think its the fuse.

DTP
Unregistered guest
i have unplug every cable and it still does it, its like it had speaker cable connected and touching. cause when two cables would touch it would go in to stand-by like its doing right now. it go on for a little bit cause it goes on, on mute, mute flashes a couple of times then mute goes off thats when the receiver goes on stand-by.

Username: Dtp

Illinois

Post Number: 1
any one know whats wrong with it?

Unregistered guest
?

Strykar
Unregistered guest
My KR-300HT is doing the same thing. Now, if I manage to hit the Speaker A and B buttons in the few seconds the thing is on, it will stay on until I turn it off. Then it goes back into standby mode.

paranand
Unregistered guest
I've been using mine for a year and a half with no problems untill recently, when I started having it randomly shut off. One thing I've found is that if the source volume is too loud, that makes it shut down for a few seconds. I have my computer, minidisc, dvd player, and gamecube running into it, and all I've really had a problem with were the computer and the minidisc. After bringing the volume way down and then just turning the reciever up, it seems to be ok

paranand
Unregistered guest
one other thing to make sure of is that your cables can handle the load. I had mixed up my subwoofer and digital coaxial cables, and the cable which works fine for the subwoofer just cut out when there was too much going through it as a coaxial. I use monster cables, so make sure the cable you are using is designed for how you are using it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us