Receiver for PSB Image?

Username: Jasond

Post Number: 3
I just got a deal on PSB Image speakers. The 8C, 3LR's, 10S', and 6i subwoofer. I heard the speakers on a receiver way out of my price range. I understand I need to hear the receiver myself, but wanted some help whittling down my list.
My center will be on top of the TV in a media niche, and the fronts will be on shelves in the media niche. The room is 14' x 18' with 9' ceilings.
I will be listening to 70% movies, 30% music.

Here are my choices:
Harman Kardon AVR630
Yamaha RXV2400
NAD T762
Marantz SR7400
Pioneer VSX54TX

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jason

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 420
Jason,

Of those you listed, I would definately go for the NAD. NAD and PSB are owned by the same company and the combination is absolutely wonderful. I have an NAD T762 paired with some Image 2B's and a 9C as center, and I LOVE it. The clarity and detail that this combo provides is very hard to beat in this price range.

The Yamaha would also not be bad either, although not nearly as good as the NAD in my opinion. The HK, Marantz, and Pioneer would all not sound good with PSB in my opinion because they are all warm sounding receivers, and paired with PSB speakers with are also very warm sounding, the resulting sound would be too warm and almost muffled.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us