NAD 773 for $1200

Bronze Member
Username: Lesterlyles

Post Number: 26
Guys, I was in the $1,000 range on a receiver. Was deciding on a Nad 754 or a Marantz 7400. Decided on the 7400 b/c of the 7 channels.

NOW, a local deal is offering a 773 for $1,200 (b/c I am buying some speakers from there as well). Is this as good a deal as it seems to me. I mean, this seems to be a dream receiver in every aspect and I always thought NAD was more musical than marantz. I need input guys...should I pull this trigger?

Anonymous100
Unregistered guest
If you don't buy it, I will. That's a great deal...it's way above the other receivers you were looking for, don't take my word for it listen to them, you'll see.

Username: David_p

Post Number: 5
No question there. I have been told that the Yamaha I just purchased (Z1) is in line with the NAD 773. I was looking at the exact receivers you mention and had the same deal cross my path. I took it and I was not taken, if you get my pun. Apart from a unique problem with the Z1 that I doubt could have been forseen, I have no qualms about the extra 3 or 4 bills extra in cost. Do it. You can be guarenteed it will not sit on a shelf for 1200.

Bronze Member
Username: Lesterlyles

Post Number: 28
Thanks guys. I pulled the trigger, ended uo being $1,225. A little more than I wanted to spend but I plan on keeping this thing for at least a decade if not more. I spoke with a few people who indicated that this is the Mother of All NAD receivers and Ireally do prefer their sound to Marantz. I liked the 7400 over the 753 b/c of the 7.1 channels but I just felt the 773 was worth the extra $325. Hope I am right!!

Username: Xvoid

Post Number: 8
Gonad! ;-)

Xavier
Unregistered guest
Robert: What speakers did you get with the 773? Do you have any feedback on what works?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us