Receiver for 60%movies 40%music

Bronze Member
Username: Rkvfire

Vancouver, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 13
hey there, which receiver would you guys suggest i go with for a receiver with 60% movie and 40% music. im thinkin the H/K series, but i dunno. i think im going to go with athena technologies. oh, and, whats the diff between bright, and warm speakers? thanx guys! oh, and budget. hmm. lets go with $2000

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 629
H/K AVR7300. It's nice.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 631
$2000 for a receiver and speakers or just a receiver?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
lets go with the whole unit.. speakers with receiver. for 2grand. only a bedroom unit so im going to extremes.

Username: Sound_advice

Post Number: 1
Hi Slade,

I still stand behind my recommendation for the Rotel 1056 and the Paradigm Set up, buy it piece by piece if need be, or if you skimp out now you will regret later.

Enjoy (formely Anonymous100)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
lol, ahhhhh soo many choices!! i just need a system that sounds good in the bedroom!! i have the wilson audios, and krell, for my home theatre room. i just need something that will produce nice tight, well, lol i want somethin great. for my room without spending as much as i did for my main room. ahh im so confused lol.

Anonymous

HK630 and Ascend 340LCR, 170 surrounds & STF-3, call'em maybe they'll give ya a special deal for ~2K

Bronze Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 34
I'd have thought that in the bedroom you'd want something discreet, meaning a sub/sat system and minimal electronics. The best one box solution I know of is the Jamo DV-R50. This is a CD player sized box which does it all - DVD/tuner/amp all built in. Add one of their speaker sets and you're away. You could choose to wallmount or buy stands. The top of the range would cost you less than your $2k including the main box of tricks. This includes an active subwoofer which can also be wallmounted if you like.

I've used the Jamo a lot, it's great fun, uses cool-running efficient digital amps, has a great sound, does progressive scan through its component output - what more could you want?

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
hmm, im not really a fan of those all in one units. ive heard that if 1 thing goes, the whole thing is dead. ill stick with the rotel, and paradigm set up. it will last my whole life lol.. if i dont blow them haha.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Wouldn't worry about blowing them...:-) just be responsible, enjoy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
will do :-) also, will these go well with a whole system set up of a Samsung 30" widescreen hdtv, and a Zenith CD recorder/hifi vcr? or should i get a DVD and a VCR seperate. i have too many Videos.. over 1100 VHS, lol. i wanna watch them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
This set up will not disapoint you, your videos will have never sounded so good...

Enjoy and let us know when everything is set up!

Bronze Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 57
I would also recomend the rotel 1056 or the arcam receiver. While your at it throw in the Rotel RDV 1050 dvd player. It is being highly praised.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
i am going with the Rotel 1056 receiver. hmm the dvd player. highly praised as in which aspect. Sound Advice, thank you for all your help, where are you from?

Bronze Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 42
The Rotel receiver is an excellent machine although I'd have though it would have swallowed your whole budget. Obviously Rotels are cheaper in Canada than they are here in the UK (true for most hifi incidentally). The DVD players are meant to be really good too, although I haven't played much with either of them.

As well as the Paradigms have a listen to Totem. Also Canadian, lock-mitred cabinets, and very capable indeed in terms of sound quality!

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 58
Here is one of the reviews I read on the Rotel dvd player rdv1050

http://www.hedmag.com/Product-Reviews/Index.asp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Hi Slade,

I'm from Courtice in Ontario. enjoy your system if you need more advice...leave a post :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
hey thanx guys! im going to go purchase my Rotel, Paradigm, DVD player, and TV now. ill be back later tonight to set this stuff up and let you know how it goes :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us