Bose 301 Bookshelf...should I look elsewere?

Username: Sinkdrain

Post Number: 1
Consumer reports said good things about The Bose 301 speakers in terms of clarity and bass resonse and a price at $218 dollars. I would like to replace my large floor technicas for something that I can hang on a wall. I can not spend more than $200 dollars. Is this Bose the best choice?

Bronze Member
Username: Nm2285

Delaware

Post Number: 11
The people at CR seem to review everything, but are experts at nothing. Bose is, in the opinion of most audiophiles, not the best. At that price, you'd do very well with the Paradigm Atom, Athena AS-B2 or B1, an offering from Polk (Athena gets my personal vote). But, listen for yourself and compare.

Post Number: 2
The Athenas seem to be well regarded. I also see that they are a tad cheaper than bose. I read that the Athena ceneter speaker is VERY good. Maybe I can start off with the As-B2 as fronts until I can buy bigger athenas and retire the As-B2 as rear speakers eventually.

Post Number: 3
The Athenas seem to be well regarded. I also see that they are a tad cheaper than bose. I read that the Athena ceneter speaker is VERY good. Maybe I can start off with the As-B2 as fronts until I can buy bigger athenas and retire the As-B2 as rear speakers eventually.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us