Hsu stf-2 vs velodyne cht-10

Bronze Member
Username: Nealm

Post Number: 52
im currently weighing my options and these two are the most available that i have seen for highly regarded affordable subs. i went to listen to the hsu yesterday but the pimply faced salesman did nothing but bash them and try to sell me infinity. i dont think he really knew anything about the hsu. the store didnt even have the feet on the hsu installed or the hsu even plugged in. the prices id be looking at: 350 for the hsu. 200 for the velodyne. im looking for most bang for my buck.

Bronze Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 54
Neal,

Unfortunately, you're asking people to compare subs in two different classes. One is almost twice the price of the other!

I had my own choice to make between the much bigger CHT-15 and the STF-3. The STF-3 will cost me C$100 more (C$875 vs C$775), but I think I'll be happier with the purchase.

I don't thibk there's any competition between the two subs you are looking at, but the price isn't the same either.

Bronze Member
Username: Donaldekelly

Washington, DC Usa

Post Number: 81
Maybe more to the point - would the Velodyne CHT "suck" or would it just not sound as good - but still sound fine?

I have a CHT-8 - sometimes I think it sounds kind of "boomy" or innaccurate, but I haven't tried to place it anywhere else cause my room is so small.

Maybe it is really fine although not as great as a HSU or SVS sub undoubetedly would be from all the comments.

Bronze Member
Username: Nealm

Post Number: 53
don is answering more along the response i want, but i was hoping to hear from people with experience with both subwoofers. what about the stf-1? how would it compare with the cht-10. i realize this is a difficult comparison for some to make, but as i stated before i am looking for an answer more along the lines of XX is accurate and/or loud and YY is just loud, etc. my budget would not be any greater than 400 and i would really prefer to pay less so i can attack other areas of need in my system. i would prefer a 10" but if it was a really good 8" i coulc live with that. i'm not very interested in a 12" or larger.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us