Receiver for Definitive Technology spearkers

Randall
If anyone can help me match a receiver with my Definitive Technology speakers, I would greatly appreciate your help. I don't know if this will make a difference, but each of my speakers has built in powered subwoofers. Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Randall
I'm looking to spend about $1000 on the receiver plus or minus $200; also, can anyone recommend a matching DVD/CD player. All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 2
As the real Elitefan I will make my usual Elite recommendations of the 43,45,53 or55. All would work great with any Def Tech model. Other brands that would work well are H/K, NAD, Rotel and Marantz. The newer Def Tech's are brighter than my old Def Tech DR-7's which I really loved. All brands about have a smooth, mellow upper end that produces no ot little harshness and vocal sibilance compared to the other usual suspects. All make great units at various price points and since you didn't say which model you own I will let you determine what price point you are comfortable with. The brands I listed also have very good power supplies which will drive the Def Techs to their full potential.

Username: Randall

Post Number: 1
Thank you very much for your help. These are the model #'s for my Def Tech speakers. I am looking to spend under $2000 for a receiver and would like a matching DVD/CD Player(Same brand, color, style).

BP2004TL - Left/Right Towers
2300 - Center
BP2X - Left/Right Rear

I just wanted to know if the model #'s made a differnce in your recomondations. Thank you 'therealelitefan'. All other opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Username: Skipk

Post Number: 1
I used to have a Def Tech setup that included a pair of 2004TLs for mains. I used a Yamaha, which was a "so so" combination. I found the Yammy a bit bright for the Def Techs. In retrospect, I would certainly take a close look at Marantz, HK and NAD (can't speak to Elite). One good thing is that the BP Towers are relatively easy to drive because of the built-in subs (certainly, as compared to my B&Ws). As such, I wouldn't obsess over getting the "most" power possible, but rather focus on a good sounding match. Certainly, something along the lines of a Marantz 7400 or a NAD 752 should be more than adequate and fall well within your budget. The Rotel 1055 is superb, but a lot more $$$. It will cost about $1200.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us