Yamaha HTR-5640 or ONKYO TX-SR501??????

Dan White
I'm traying to get to a decision in between these two units. Is there anybody who could help me with technical data?
Thanks a lot

Johnny
Dan,

What types of speakers are you using?

elitefan
If you like the Onkyo go to J&R Music World website and see if they still have the Onkyo 500 refurbished on sale for $149.88. Full warranty included. The 500 and 501 are identical, just new model number. For the price you can't beat it for an entry level unit. Speakers are a consideration as the above poster asked but IMO the Onkyo is a better receiver.

Unregistered guest
I just purchased the Yamaha HTR-5640. I am totally blind and am having some problems with the unit. A lot of my problems stem from not being able to read the controls on the remote etc. However, if I had access to some electronic documentation, it would be vary helpful. I have done a web search to see what I could scare up and came up empty. If there is anyone here who has a good working knowledge of this receiver, I would appreciate hearing from you. If possible, please send directly to my email address. I will then be more specific about the problems and or questions I have.

I love the sound of the receiver, so, it is just a matter of getting things working properly. I appreciate any and all volunteeers and info they will provide, thanks.

Username: Topher

Post Number: 1
elitefan, I the 501 has 6 channels while the 500 has 5.

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 73
Chris,
You are correct that the 501 is a 6 channel receiver while the 500 was only 5. I was just trying to give another alternative and the 500 for $149.88 was a very good buy but it is not listed on the J&R website but they do have refurbed 601's for $199.88. Another good deal but I wonder how the 601 could be refurbished so fast as it's a relatively newer model. Worth a shot though,maybe.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us