Denon 3803, pioneer vsx 53 or yamaha 1400?

Jose Mansilla
I am buying a new receiver,Has anyone can comment which is better Yamaha 1400, denon 3803 or pioneer 53tx
thank Jose

Anonymous
I wanna know this also.

elitefan
I have heard all three and owned the 3803 and now have the Elite 45. Great receiver. Of these 3 go with the Elite 53 but try to check out the Marantz 7300 and the H/K 525 which is on sale all over the net.[$649 at J&R].

Hawk
Great advice, elitefan!

Lisa France
forget the pioneer, if you buy it you might as well go get a sony. Please read my test report on the Denon 3803 and the onkyo 800. The 2400 is the comparable receiver to the 3803. I am going to be testing the 1400 soon. I hope they sound as good as they seem.

Lisa France
the test are at www.audioreview.com

elitefan
Lisa,
You could not be more off base with your comment about the Elite. Elite and Sony could not be more disimmilar in sound. I had the 3803 and now have the Elite 45 and it is so much better. The 3803 is so sibilant and shrill and not user friendly at all. The Elite is much warmer,smoother and overall a much nicer receiver to listen to over time. Denon dropped the ball with the 3803 and Isay this as a former owner of the 2802 which I liked alot. Your test is bogus.

Lee
Please help please help !!!
I'm going to order the Yamaha RXV2400 and the Denon AVR3803 from US website, and just wonder am I be able to use it in Australia? We are using AC220-240 in Australia. Is there a 'volatage selector' for these 2 models? Thanks for your time and help.

Hawk
No, Lee. The US models are incompatible with the Australian electrical system. There is no switch or other means to change the voltage (like that on most personal computers).

Don
I just have to say that I don't have any idea what Lisa France is talking about! First she obviously hasn't looked at a recent Pioneer Elite. As Elitefan notes the Pio Elites sound phenomenal. Also, why refer Jose to her review when she didn't compare the 3803 to either one of his other options? I agree with Lisa that the 3803 is a nice unit, but beyond that her post is useless.

And the RX-V2400 and the 1400 are closer than they should be, in fact I would suggest that if you are considering both to eliminate the 2400 as most claim the differences don't warrant the extra cost.

I demo'ed the 3803 and the 45tx, among others, and went with the 45tx. It's feature set appealed to me more and I thought the sound was more detailed. I purchased the 45tx before the Yamahas with YPAO were in the stores, but were aware of them and left them behind solely on comparisons using the RX-V1300 and RX-V2300, which should represent adequately Yamaha's sound & power as the newer units now weigh even less (although obviously the features on the new Yamahas couldn't be tested.)

My 2 cents. Regards,

Don

CBS
Unregistered guest
I NEED A DUAL ZONE/DUAL SOURCE AUDIO RECEIVER TO SUPPORT A PLASMA TV WITH SURROUND SOUND PLUS 6 OTHER ROOMS AND 3 PATIOS WITH CEILING SPEAKERS. eACH ROOM HAS IMPEDENCE MATCHING VOLUME CONTROLS. I PURCHASED A CONNECTING BLOCK ALREADY AND I WILL PROBABLY NEED AN AMPLIFIER TO SUPPORT THAT MANY SPEAKERS WITHOUT HAVING TO STEP DOWN FROM 7.1 TO 5.1 WHEN USING THE SURROUND SOUND WHILE A DIFFERENT SOURCE IS PLAYING IN A DIFFERENT ROOM. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us