Pioneer D912K, Klipsch Quintet II w/SC-5 Center

Anonymous

Just bought my first home theater system. After reading many reviews and listening in the stores, I went with the above mentioned receiver and speakers. I couldn't pass up Best (Worst sometimes) Buy's 18 months no interest. The salesman tried to get me to buy the comparable Yamaha 5650, but I thought that combo with the Quintet's might be too bright! I wasn't overly impressed with the center channel that is part of the Quintet's package, so I decided to move that to my rear center on my 6.1 and purchased the larger (and much better sounding) SC-5 as my new front center channel. I didn't upgrade the 10" sub, but they said I could swap for the 12" if I didn't like.

I hope this combo works out. Any reassurance would be much appreciated (I still have the receipt!)

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 37
You did right by not getting the Yamaha as it is a terrible combination with Klipsch. Both are very bright so the Pioneer is a much better choice in your case. Better power supply than the Yamaha also. Sounds to me like you made a wise decision on the center as the center is the most important speaker in a home theater setup. I think you will like what you bought. Sounds like a good combo to me anyway.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us