Sound quality on RX-V440

Username: Packer_edge

Post Number: 1
I bought the Yamaha rx-v440 and am quite happy with it. However in certain places on some DVD's I notice some peaking or clipping (ie when someone screams or something). I've experimented with a couple different speakers but that hasn't changed things. I have an older dvd player (pioneer dv-333) but I don't thank that would cause the problem (would it??). Just wondering if anyone else has experienced any sound problems with the 440. It's not a frequent problem but I notice it enough that it bothers me.

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 47
Is this a problem in 5 channel mode only or does it happen in 2 channel also? First thought is that you are overdriving the amp, especially if it's in 5 channel as the Yamaha's have rather low power with 5 channels driven.

Username: Packer_edge

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've only noticed it using DVD's in 5 channel mode. I've never tried listening to those particular "spots" on dvd's in a 2 channel mode. I'll give it a try and see if that changes anything. Thing is, I can notice it even when I'm running the reciever at lower volumes. It's not like it only happens when I'm running at high volumes. Does that make sense??

Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 48
Well, that changes things a bit. Since you said it happens with different speakers the problem would seem to be in the receiver. I would talk to the dealer you bought it from and see if they will let you bring it in and let them hear the problem. If it's fairly new they should either exchange it or get it fixed for you. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us