HK 325 reciever--no sound on cd

hound dog
I have tried a coax digital cable and an optical between dvd and reciever but no sound. I can get sound using composite cables---have not tried component. Is there something wrong with reciever? It was open box from CC. Any tests I can do?

Johnny
Hound Dog,

I think you need to do a bit of clarification here. I am very confused. You say you use composite and you get a sound? This is not possible as composite (the yellow coded cable of the red, white, and yellow rca cables) is simply a video signal, not both. The same is true of component and s-video...no sound is sent through these cables...that is why you have to use some other sort of audio cables in addition to the video cables. The only thing I can think of to test your problem is to check the settings on your receiver. I am not familiar with the 325, but there is probably a way to assign digital inputs for each source (i.e. "DVD"). Make sure you assign the "DVD" source to have the "Digital 1" (or whichever you are using) input.

Martin B
Check the settings on your DVD player. You may have to configure the DVD player to send a digital signal. I have a Sony and had a similar experience. I was getting audio with analog cables but not when I plugged in a digital coax. I went into the DVD player's settings, set it for digital ooutput and my HK 430 then detected the digital signal and Bob's your uncle.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us