Nad 3020e to Recap Or Replace, that is the question.

Username: Newlyaddicted

Post Number: 1
Noob, running a P3 24 with an 0rtofon Bronze through Nad 3020e
Into wharfedale 10.1 diamond ( last year model)

Simple question, do it get my 3020e recapped and upgraded internal (£170) she still sounds good or put that money and sale money plus some to a new Amp for Vinyl. Like it warm for Jazz, blues etc .

Would a renovation make her sound better ? Or should I upgrade her and if so £500 amp old or new to match a P3 24 with bronze

Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18515

Knowing from multiple experiences that a well set up middle of the road system can out perform a poorly set up system costing more cash, I'd put my money into getting the current gear tweaked to a higher level of performance. If you upgrade the equipment but leave the bottle necks in place, then the new gear is still working its way through the same old bottlenecks.

Username: Newlyaddicted

Post Number: 2
Cool, I get that. Thanks for the advice. If I did get the 3020e upgraded internally and serviced it will cost �170.
Total cost �80 for 3020e plus �170 total �250

My alternative was to get a A&R A60 for around �150 the. Get the �299 internal upgrade on that. Total �450.

I really appreciate everyone�s feedback and views. Thank you

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1478
Did you get the work done? if so - thoughts on results?

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 977
How about going with a new unit so you don't have to worry about other parts failing on you due to age? If you want to go this rout, post it and you will get many good responses no doubt...That's what I would do.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us