MeilenSwitzerland

Post Number: 2
I am looking for a stereo integrated amp with the following features:
- Phono MM input
- Built-in DAC
- Bluetooth input with aptX
- USB input
- approximately 50W/channel
Price should be in the $500-2000 range. What would you recommend?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18376

Sorry, that's an absurd question. Your price range is massive in terms of build and sound quality. What you might expect from a very bare bones amp would be better quality than your expectations at $2k for a very feature laden amp with, say, high current delivery.

The number of components to select from in that price spread is vast.

You've not even mentioned sound quality nor musical values. No mention of your speakers or other components. Etc.

If you walked into my shop with your list and price range, I'd easily spend 30 minutes further qualifying your thinking before we even looked at a piece of electronics.

It would be easier for you to walk into a decent shop and get some other ideas than for us to just start naming amplifiers. If you have no decent shops, I would warn against spending the top of your budget without an audition.

Try a few of the magazines for names in your price range;
http://www.stereophile.com/content/2016-recommended-components#bfBAyfiLu2wVK2LA. 97

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3445
The New version of the OUTLAW RR2160 may fill the bill for only 700$.

This is a meaningful upgrade on the decade + old RR2150 which has gotten terrific reviews and wide acceptance.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 972
Might want to look into the Cambridge Audio SR-20 (you can get a refurbished one for $330 including shipping on eBay these days), and get a Chromecast Audio which is wifi (better quality than bluetooth). It doesn't have usb though if that's a deal breaker - it sounds real good for the money - that classic British sound, and you can use the rest of the money upgrading something else like your speakers to get more quality in your system (I don't know your speakers but just a thought).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us