Jan Vigne Has Passed Away

Username: Christophermolloygmailcom

Brooklyn, NY United States

Post Number: 1
Jan Vigne, one of the most prolific, knowledgeable, and passionate eCoustic contributors for many years, and person I considered a mentor and friend, recently passed away, and I believe it fitting to post that sad news here where Jan spent so much time and helped so many people. Rest in Peace.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Stamford, Connecticut USA

Post Number: 4574
Very sad news. Thanks for sharing it with us. My condolences to his family and friends, including you.

Jan had a wealth of knowledge, and always meant well. Sometimes the well intent wasnt the easiest to see ; ) but anyone who conversed with him for more than a brief exchange knew he was genuinely a good person. He helped a lot of people and shared quite a bit of knowledge and experience with so many people here.

I am quite saddened to hear of his passing. May he rest in peace and find that great listening room in the sky, filled with McIntosh gear and all of his favorite music.

JR Barkamian

Gold Member

Albany , NY USA

Post Number: 4575
On another note, its good to hear from you, Chris. Im not sure if you still have my number or not, but if you do, give me a call and we can catch up. Id say PM me, but I dont have access to the email I registered here, and I cant change it. Is your email here current? I can PM you.

Bronze Member
Username: Liquid_sun

Post Number: 82
OMG so sad news. I'm devastated. Jan has helped me so many times. How old was he?

Silver Member
Username: Lovegasoline

Post Number: 152
My condolences to Jan's family and friends.
Jan's wealth of experience and willingness to share it contributed a tremendous amount to my understanding of audio. He will be missed.
I haven't posted to this forum for years but I do stop back from time to time to read through some of Jan's posts ... a rich resource. My father used to say to me, "what I've forgot you'll never learn." That rings true here.
RIP Jan.

Post Number: 2
I'm not sure how old Jan was exactly when SHE passed, she was a private person, but we stayed in touch via email over the years.

As for me, I miss eCoustics and the friends I made here, sadly other have passed too, Jamie (Nuck), Frank Alba, but I stay in touch with a few others on Facebook like David Mitchell and Mike Wodek, so if anyone is interested in staying in touch, feel free to friend me there or email me. All the Best.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
Wait ... what? Jan was a female? Are you trolling over a dead man?

What the f*ck is wrong with you people these days ...

Gold Member

Albany , NY USA

Post Number: 4585
Jan claimed to be a man many times during his tenure here. A lot of posters who were here for a few posts threw female insults his way, which he always shot down.

He also spoke of his wife several times, however that doesn�t exactly mean he was a man. Everyone who met up with him referred to him as a man.

Either way, Jan was a good person with a treasure trove of audio knowledge.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3586
I was reading the Will and Aerial Durant series on history. I think it was 'The Age Of Napoleon'.. In it I saw reference to a Parisian named.....Vigne. When I asked about familial relationship...it is NOT a common name, after atll, I was sort of blown off. I thought it was a good question.

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1479
Been such a long time that I�ve been on here, but such sad news. Didn�t always agree w Jan, but he was a solid member of this community with a wealth of knowledge. He will be missed. RIP. Jan.

Post Number: 3
I wasn't trying to be disrespectful by what I stated, obviously there were aspects of Jan's life I was unaware of, apparently like how he chose to self-identify, I never met Jan, but I knew what I knew and left it at that. I just called Jan "Jan". R.I.P.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3597
Even I, not the best 'fan' of Jan left that one completely alone as it is irrelevant to about 99% of conversations I had with him / her........

I never even responded to several 'hints' or context clues in any exchanges. Didn't and dont' care to pry into what were personal affairs.......

I know what I think in that regard but will respect Jan's unspoken / unexpressed wishes in this case.

Post Number: 4
I had the utmost respect for Jan as it related to HiFi and our mutual love of animals. We butted heads occasionally over current events & politics when we strayed into those subjects, so we both did our best to avoid them through the years, but I can honestly say that I will always regret not making the time to get together, breaking bread, and enjoy some music. Life is short, so make the most of it.

Bronze Member
Username: Alkaloid

Medford, MA. U.S.

Post Number: 84
My heart is heavy tonight. First time on the forum in years and looked for posts from Leo and Jan. I noticed non from 2020 from Jan and assumed he, or WTF she got the boot from being so caustic. I learned so much from Jan, the last contact was when I got a gig as a doorman at a church listening to an ensemble of weekly musicians that do Bach Cantatas. Jan always told me to stop listening to the equipment, and just listen to the music. So many times he or WTF she ripped me a new one and stated that I had to listen to live music and get that down. Well I listened to Jan and did just that. Always learned and got pissed off, but came round to an understanding. Jan got frustrated with me but tolerated my lack of knowledge, and always after an axx ripping just fed me more knowledge. His partner in crime it seemed was Leo. Leo was a bit more forgiving with the sharp attacks but between the 2 of these guys or gals or people I just don't give a duck, I learned a lot.
There was times I wanted to strangle Jan. But not once did I question ANYTHING he or she told me. I will miss the aastard or =ditch, but everyone will miss the contributions from a very very well educated Audiophile. Best to his or her family, and sorry to a good friend Leo too. Damn I hate 2020

Bronze Member

Post Number: 84
As of today I've found my self countless times telling my self: If I could ask Jan about this ... very sad

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Corvallis, Oregon United States

Post Number: 16560
Jan was very knowledgeable. Sorry to read this.

Silver Member
Username: Scorpio1

PA USA

Post Number: 329
My deepest condolences go out to Jan's family and friends.

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1549
I knew that Jan was a woman or at least identified as such. Though I haven't been here in a long time I will miss her knowledge on audiology.

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1551
Chris how did you find out that she passed?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us