Getting it right the 2nd time???

Username: John_karmark

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 1
NAD c275bee power amp not a bad machine when it works,I replaced both power modules & mother board last year & once again I'm sorry I purchased NAD,there telling me that they have to replace the mother board again because it's burnt & that I ran it too hard running a pair of monitor audio rx8 speaker's in a bachelor's suite with neighbors & a landlord right beside me & I work in the oil Feild so I'm only home 5 days a month, can't be loud if you're not home????and yet it's the same problem that I had 10 months ago only now they don't want to replace the power modules just the mother board my stereo dealer thinks that they are ripping me off but they can't prove it I will never buy NAD ever again they used to have a great reputation but I've been reading a lot of people who are sharing the same problems with them over the last couple of years I feel bad for the unsuspecting populace that buy's into the best Bang for the buck slogan, they still sound great but you'll always be fixing something and not listening to music like you should be for the amount of time & money that we as audio enthusiaists go through anybody else have any questions or comments please feel free to chime in.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3450
How old? Used in a well-ventilated place when you DO use it?

Heat is probably the #1 enemy of electronics. I know NAD went thru some bad times, but I thought that was all in the rear view mirror.

The speaker, the Monitor Audio RX8 is fairly sensitive @90db, so I don't imagine it takes THAT much power and given that it is a mainstream product, probably not a wacky load for a reasonable amp.

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 2
It was out in the open to make sure that ventilation was not going to be an issue,and yes you're right the Rx 8 aren't that hard to drive & no these issues are still with NAD, it's really to bad because when they work they can compete with much more expensive equipment but sadly NAD wants to blame the consumer for bad QC I mean what are the odds of getting the same problem twice?

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 3
Oh and it's 4 yrs old been fixed twice in the last year for the same problem.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3451
Well, You're NOT cooking it. And it's tough to abuse with those speakers, especially given your listening habits.
Will your dealer go to bat for you? Would NAD do something stupid like pull their dealership FROM those guys?
Can you go 'upstream' at NAD? Find someone whose job it is to make a decision and not simply say NO and find 'reasons'?

You're not using some wacky / skinny speaker cord are you? Something like 18ga 'zip' cord in longer runs might be an issue. Is house power stable? No glitches / outages or surges? That also is a gear killer. I lost an amp to a brownout years ago but the power company fixed it.

Fix it. Sell it. Buy Parasound. Or equivalent. I have a pair of the A23 amps which are fine, one behind each panel speaker of pretty low sensitivity.
Or? You could look into EMO. They make several 'lines' and would appear, on the face of it, to be somewhat more responsive to customer input.

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 4
The dealer has already pulled NAD as far as any new products or lines,way to many problems I'm told and they said that they would be willing to split the cost if I just fix it so they could stop dealing with NAD,so I've agreed to do that and yes I'm going to sell it I've already bought a new one it's a anthem MCA 225 super clean and lots of power & it comes with a 5 year warranty instead of a 2 year warranty that I got from NAD so they just lost another loyal customer over the fact that they have bad design & GC.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 3452
A few notes about 'QC'.
The ONLY thing that QC tells you is that you've done something wrong. That is not a value added activity, and indeed costs a lot to have an independent inspection crew running around and getting in everyones (production team) way. THAN telling you how awful you are doing.

The best solution is what I was taught as the Man / Method / Machine approach. The idea is to have proper people doing the job. Teach the Best Practices approach to doing any task. The machines used must be both Capable (a statistical measure) and maintained properly.
When the right people, taught the right way are doing the right thing with proper equipment, you will get good quality. Fire all the QC inspectors or put some of them to work doing 'incoming' inspection on various parts and sub-assemblies. Then work on getting your SUPPLIERS to come up to snuff so you don't even have to do a very rigerous incoming inspection.

You PAY in advance for an extended warranty. The potential cost of claims is written into the purchase price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us