IPod nano help(please!)

Username: Jrz

Post Number: 1
Long story short, i can't see the album art on my iPod nano. I spent about 2 hours organizing my iPod and adding album art one day and when i check for it in iTunes it shows my album art perfectly, nothing in my iPod though. I googled this matter and tried 2 of the things people were saying but neither worked. I tried deleting the AlbumArtDB but that didn't work. Nor did unchecking and rechecking "Show Album Art". The only way my album art works is if i add it to my songs while they are still in my library and then add the songs(along with the art) to my iPod. But i really don't want to readd all my songs and albumart.

Any bright ideas?

mj24
Unregistered guest
I would delete everything from ipod then sync the (empty) ipod to itunes- it should send the artwork w/ the song files.
You can reset nano to clear all the songs.

george29
Unregistered guest
can someone help me with my ipod nano,my computer wont recognize the ipod when i plug it into the usb.? i got zonealarm on my system dont know if that is causing it? i try everything asfar restart ,reset ipod. !!!!help!!!! plz

Unregistered guest
I've had my iPod nano for about two months, and never have had a problem with it. recently when i plug in my iPod the USB won't recognize it. It will still let me charge it but it won't update the iPod because it's not reconginzing it.

clem54
Unregistered guest
I have a 5th generation ipod
I can't get more than 5 to 20 per song
when I try to inport a cd.
HELP

ClaireE
Unregistered guest
My Ipod Nano just decided this morning that it wasnt going to work for me! When I turned it on this morning it wouldnt come on for ages and now it wont do anything. Theres just a freeze frame of a small correction mark on it with the words ok to disconnect on it. It was working perfectly yday and hasnt being dropped, tampered with or anything.I only got it for Christmas. Any suggestions would be much appricated.Thanks

Anonymous

I was just wondering if anybody knows how to download photos onto ipod nano. Do you have to put the photos through iTunes or not???? Please help me. Your help will be greatly appreciated :-)

Anonymous

The same thing that happened to ClaireE happened to me I tried to reset it and nothing happened.
Also when I plugged it into my computer it doesnt charge or do anything.

Anonymous

ok i fixed it ClaireE try to reset it but what it says at the website is confusing. Just turn it off and hold down the menu and center button.For like 10 seconds. Make sure that you hold the top of the menu button instead of just pushing the part of the scroll.

Nancy12345
Unregistered guest
ok . . . so . . . my nano isn't responding AT ALL. i turned it on, but the problem is, I CAN'T TURN IT OFF! i literally can not do anything to it.

Anonymous

How come I uploaded songs from cds to my itunes but now that it's on my ipod i don't see any album art, as advertised?!?!

Tennisgal
Unregistered guest
I put my nano on hold, and when I came back to use it it wouldn't unhold and now is stuck in the Ipod menu with the backlight on and the little locked icon showing. (I have tried unlocking, and resetting)

Unregistered guest
hi... i have an ipod nano, i got a whole bunch of pictures from my folder that i dont want... how do i delete all the picture off my ipod so i can start over with the pictures???

Unregistered guest
how do i reset my ipod?

Unregistered guest
i got all the songs i wanted from my cd to the itunes... but how do i update them to my ipod?

Unregistered guest
i got all the songs i wanted from my cd to the itunes... but how do i update them to my ipod?

Unregistered guest

Unregistered guest
I'm having serious problems getting my nano to work. The computer acts as though it's not even there and when I go to itunes it says it needs to be downloaded again! I've downloaded it over and over.... what's next? PLEASE HELP!

JELLYBEAN111
Unregistered guest
I'm having issues with the amount of songs that I can download onto my iPod nano. It says 500 songs, but mine won't even hold 100....99 can be downloaded before it says it's full. How can I get more on their?

Anonymous

Everytime I plug my Ipod Nano into my USB port it claims it is unrecoginized and the USB port has malfuntioned... do you know how to fix this problem so that my computer will recognize that I have my Ipod plugged in?

Anonymous

Everytime I plug my Ipod Nano into my USB port it claims it is unrecoginized and the USB port has malfuntioned... do you know how to fix this problem so that my computer will recognize that I have my Ipod plugged in?

helper911
Unregistered guest
if your ipod nano doesnt get recognized its because you either didnt install the cd that came with it. your suppose to install first before plugging in your ipod nano

ShouldaBeenBlonde
Unregistered guest
How do you put pictures on the ipod nano.... AHHHH!!! Ive been tryin to figure this majigger out for weeks.... HELP ME SUMBODY!

Username: Bite_me

Westinster, Md U.S.A

yeah,my ipod keeps on showing that stupid folder with the exclamation mark next to it,this makes no sense AT ALL beacuse my brothers and my cousins work P-E-R-F-E-C-T-L-Y all three of us have Ipod Nanos ive tried all the trouble shooting steps,reinstaling the softwhere,everything..NONE OF IT WORKS,music is a huge need to me,im tired of having to buy cds.this is some bull crap.oh yeah,it says that it downloads my songs,but everytime it says that its okay do disconect,that stupid sign is always there. w/e ill be giving you ipod people a call,dont worry =).

Anonymous

hey i have an ipod nano and i was wonderin how do u place a picture of the singer next to the song wen it plays??
plz help me im really confused

*!~CM~!*
Unregistered guest
This Should answer the questions on how to reset your ipod. toggle the hold switch and then hold the center button and the menu button down for a few seconds. I have an iPod nano and it wouldn't sleep so i looked in the manual and it told me how to do it. I want to know how to download pictures from my digital camera to my ipod but i don't know how to do it.

*!~CM~!*
Unregistered guest
How do you place a album cover picture next to your songs while playing them on my ipod.

Unregistered guest
I am really starting to hate my ipod. I have been trying to get more songs on my ipod but whenever u try it it says: USB cord blah blah blah not recognized!! I installed the CD!!! NOTHING is working!! HELP ME!! I have tried 2 USB cords already and its so retarded!! I went to prefrences on my itunes and that says that my ipod is not conected. someone please help me!!!

Patita again
Unregistered guest
I do not want to reset my ipod. I just want to know how to FIX IT!!!! god im so mad!!!!! i just wanted to add a few freaking songs!! wtf!!!! IM me on metallicalover92.

Anonymous

Someone please answer this guys question instead of asking your own. Make your own topic if you want to ask a question, or atleast google or go to the ipod help website first. People like me also have the same problem as the first guy and we want to find out how to fix it.

Patita...
Unregistered guest
I figured out how to fix my ipod..ua ha ha ha u guys r losers. this site is crap. im not gona tell ANY of u how to fix ur problems. so ha. i win. since none of u helped me, I'm not going to help you.

rdunning_17
Unregistered guest
Recently my iPod got stuck on hold and here's how to fix it if your's is. Hold down the MENU and SELECT (center button) at the same time for about 5 seconds. THIS WILL RESET your iPod so you will lose everything on it!!!

rdunning_17
Unregistered guest
If you want to have a picture of the album or singer mext to the song when it plays this is how to do it. Find the picture you want and right click on it and SAVE AS. Next, go to iTunes and right click on the song you want the picture to go to and pick GET INFO. Then, click on the ARTWORK tab at the top. Pick ADD... and then choose the picture you saved. Fianlly click OK and you should have the picture with the song on your iPod next time you update it.

Unregistered guest
Hey everybody...I have a problem...I just purchased an Ipod nano. I only have about 35 songs on it. When I went to plug it in to the computer it said that the usb had malfunctioned and that my ipod was no longer recognized. Help...I had to get rid of my shuffle because of problems...I don't want to get rid of my nano! PLEASE HELP :-(

unknownuser36720
Unregistered guest
OMG my ipod is stuck in disc mode and it wont get out of it all it says is ok to disconnect with a huge tick on it does any one know how to get out of it????

izzmaester
Unregistered guest
Any one Need help I am The Ipod Nano Master

izzmaester
Unregistered guest
unknownuser All You Have to do is go to c:\Program Files\iPod\iPod Updater\ and double click in the iPod Icon that should fix all of your Problems.

You May Have to Re-format, Your iPod Befor that if it doesent Update.

Unregistered guest
Hey everybody...I have a problem...I just purchased an Ipod nano. I only have about 35 songs on it. When I went to plug it in to the computer it said that the usb had malfunctioned and that my ipod was no longer recognized. Help...I had to get rid of my shuffle because of problems...I don't want to get rid of my nano! PLEASE HELP :-(

Unregistered guest
I just got an i pod nano last night and i had no clue how to put songs on it. So i kinda just hooked it up and let it do its thing and the songs that went on it i dont want!! People say reseting it will clear all songs but god who knows how to reset the thing... anyone know how? help would be appreciated.

Unregistered guest
omg!!Hey eveybody I just wanted to ask you yall if anyone of you guys know how to put photos onto the ipod nano! Its soo making me mad I have no clue how to put em on the nano somebody plz plz plz help me out!! Thanx a bunch!

Username: Cisco08

I just got a new computer after my old one crapped out. i have itunes on it but all my songs are on my nano, how do i get them to tranfer onto my new iTunes? please help me

Username: Cisco08

Post Number: 2
please!!!! i need help

sk8 darkstar
Unregistered guest
my ipod turns on alone even when hold is on and no one even goes near it =S... uhhhhh does anyone know what I can do other then send my ipod back?

sk8 darkstar
Unregistered guest
ok well john locklin, go into itunes>help>itunes hot tips>find what your problem is on the page... the same thing happened to me man,it should say to delete itunes and go to add/remove programs in there... i hope that helps

Anonymous

i got my ipod nano about 2 months ago and i can't figure out how to put pictures onto my ipod nano. I have a canon digital camera, and the pictures are on my computer in folders...idk how to get them to itunes or somehow get some pictures into my nano. help please!!!

Anonymous

somebody please help me!!!!!!
thank you!

cntput pictsonnano
Unregistered guest
Im very sure you all think im an idiot for not knowin how to place pictures on my nano but im asking for some one to post how to put em on the nano. PLZZZZZZZZ

Liss
Unregistered guest
im having the same problem as Priit Tohver... ive spent ages finding pics of all the albums and i have added them 2 my ipod in itunes but whenever i play my ipod only about 10 of the 100's of pics i added come up... so does anyone know how 2 fix it? is it coz its too high quality or something?

Username: Ipoddummy

When I plug my ipod nano in I can see the songs that are on the ipod but they are not in the library. I was wondering how I can transfer songs that are aready on an ipod nano to my library so I can than download it to a diferent ipod video.

Thanks for amy help!!

Username: Ipoddummy

Ok, I have another question. How do I know when someone answers my quetion? Does it come up on my posted question or do I have to do something else to view any answers?
Thanks again

Tashi_Mango
Unregistered guest
For those of you who are desperate for some album art on yuor IPod, I found the answer!

Ok, first plug your IPod into your computer, and go to where a little icon of your IPod is and its name is displayed. (At the right, where your playlists are displayed)

Right-click on this area, and go down to "IPod Options..."

In this menu, go all the way down on the checklist until you see a box you can put a little green check in saying "Display album artwork on your IPod"

Yes, this looks like it was recently added when ITunes issued its newest version - note that one of the options is covered up by the "Display album..." option, like someone was extremely lazy and didn't want to make the window bigger

To those ITunes idiots, there is nothing I can't solve!! muahahaha...

Happy Listening (And viewing your album art!)

po
Unregistered guest
it says on the ipod options box that album art is all ready slected but on my ipod there is no album art how do i fix this problem ?

po
Unregistered guest
it says on the ipod options box that album art is all ready slected but on my ipod there is no album art how do i fix this problem ?

Pl3as3 h3lp m3
Unregistered guest
HOW DO I PUT PICTURES ONTO MY IPOD NANO? PLEASE HELP.. THXX FOR ANY HELP.

Unregistered guest
OK GUYS!!! I HAVE THE ANSWER:
If your ipod is not recognized when plugged in, do this:
1) On the Start menu, click Control Panel.
2) Double-click the System icon.
3) Click the Hardware tab.
4) Click Device Manager.
5) Scroll down the list of devices to the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
6) Click the plus (+) icon next to the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
7) Double-click one of the indented USB Root Hub entries.
8) Click the Power Management tab.
9) Deselect the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option.
10) Click the OK button at the bottom of the window.
11) Restart the computer.

There u go. Found it on the apple website, at least those morons fixed their own errors ;-)

Soph
Unregistered guest
This is a last resort from a very stressed ipod user! When I open itunes all my album artwork is neatly in place alongside the corresponding tracks but on my nano it is all jumbled up! I can't deal with it! Is there a solution...any help greatly appreciated, thanks all x

help me kill apple!
Unregistered guest
ok well i have been having alot of trouble with my ipod video 30 GB which i got replaced after my nano broke and after 2 months i didnt recieve anything...and ive finally got it to work!

if you have been to the apple website and nothing under the support page has helped, the english help line for your problem is: 08708760753

one time i called i got told i was only eligible for phone support once after purchasing my ipod...this is a load of rubbish and the operatator clearly does'nt know what he/she is doing so if you get that hang up and phone again.

i found them helpful apart from finding it hard to understand some of their accents so i hope this helps.

Username: Mcollett

i dunno how to add the album picture on my ipod nano. when i play my songs the picture is meant to appear but it only says what song is playing and theres no picture. Please help

fhawguoishag
Unregistered guest
to get an album cover marked on your ipod, go to the edit tab (next to file) on your itunes. there is an option that says "show artwork." click on that and it will bring up a small square in the bottom right hand corner of your screen that says "drag album artwork here." after you get that, you wil go to amazon.com and find the album you are looking for. click on the artwork to bring it up in its own tab. then, drag the artwork into the small square and you will have the album mark on your ipod next time you update. make sense?

ruggster
Unregistered guest
Hey, how about just getting the music on the darn thing. I bought an ipod for my daughter and I wanted to load a bunch of stuff on it but I am having some difficulty. I can open iTunes and the songs are there but that is as far as I can go. Why don't they make a big button that says "put these songs on the ipod!"? Anyway, send this old dad some help please.

ksiprkr
Unregistered guest
Hi, i need help i dont know how to put photos or contacts on my ipod nano and i would greatly like it is someone would tell me how. thanx.

Unregistered guest
I would like to know how to tranfer photos on to ipod nano? u can't do it using itunes.. iphotos or photoshop must be installed ? I don't see the icon for photos on the toolbar in the itunes software.

lucaschapman
Unregistered guest
okey, i tried to put the features guide on my ipod but it didnt work out so well so how can i delete it

discharger12
Unregistered guest
You can do it with iTunes!

1) Go into iTunes
2) Right click on your ipod under Source
3) Click ipod options
4) Go to photos

You should be able to figure it out from there. :-)

Heidi Davy
Unregistered guest
please hlep me!!!

I have a 2GB white ipod nano, When i connect my ipod to my computer, it is not recognised in itunes..

The ipod display reads do not disconnect, this display does not stop until my ipod is unplugged from the computer.

My ipod still works fine except this one thing. I have had no other trouble with it, But now i cannot update it and i dont know what to do..

Please help!!

Anonymous

im having problems with my ipod nano. its bin workin fine, until rcently wen the battery was completely dead. i charged it a few days later, but wen i turn it on, a pic of a file and an exclamation mark comes on. how do i fix this, n will the solution delete all my songs???

Heidi Davy
Unregistered guest
k well i got a new ipod nano and when i plug it into the computer, it doesnt charge anymore!!! grrr why?

Andrew McCormick
Unregistered guest
why does my ipod nano delete songs when i dont want it to????? plz help me

Username: Laundry

I have a nano ipod i bought it a few months ago and used it but i stopped using it for a little time and after a few days i tried to turn it on it wouldnt respond. It is just showing that blank screen i tried to reset it but even now it is giving me the same old look and when i connect it to my computer i get no respond i need some help some advise. PLEASE

Username: Bjmshome

Post Number: 5
Rhode Sole,
One thing I noted about the IPODs and NANOs that if you leave them the battery will drain all the way. Plug your NANO into the charger and let it sit for a little before you try to turn it on again. ???? Good Luck

Username: Track14

hey, um, i got my nano like 2 weeks ago, and i have fotomat or watever, and i have pics on that, but how do i get them on my ipod?? plz help me, i know how to use itunes, cause it automaticly updates it, but i dont know how to get photos on my ipod!! plz post, i have no clue what to do!!!

Username: Pingu

hi, i got my ipod nano recently and i put some songs on today i played one of the songs it was ok it got to the end. then at the end it started making this cracling noise and froze so i paniced and plugged it and after a while it unfrose but now my computer cannot recognise it and just to see if it would work again played the song got to the end it frose with the noise again and it froze but when i plugged it in this time it said do not dissconnect, but my computer still couldnt see it so i unplugged it again
and it stuck and my computer cant find what am i to do???im gonna get killed if my parents find out its broken!!!!!!!!!

hey, just want you to make sure that u saw my post, cause i still havent found out how to put pics on it!!

Username: ~dmoney~

Athens, United States GA

Hello,

How do I download songs to my IPod Nano without paying?

Username: Jennifer28

Elgin, Moray Scotland

hey everyone, i have a slight problem and i ahve had it for quite some time now. i saved up for an ipod nano just before and quite easily managed to put music and imformation on it, until recently when my computer crashed on me, so i gave it to a friend of mine to put music on. it was all good until i needed to charge it, and when i did it came up with a folder and an exclamation pic on it. i went on to the websight it told me to and it did not help one bit. any one got any good ideas, it took me quite a while to save up that amount of money as im only 14. please someone help me!!

Username: Jennifer28

Elgin, Moray Scotland

there was a mistake in that post, *** i saved up for an ipod nano just before christmas and. . .*** pleaseeeee help me!!!

Username: V_man

QUOTE:
'How do I download songs to my IPod Nano without paying?'

If i knew you in real life i would tell you, but if i told you over the internet i think this forum would be sued with multiple lawsuits!!!

Although i may seem like a leet user, i'm not. I still don't how to put photos on the Ipod Nano.
I tried what was said afew posts up, about clicking your ipod and going to photos, but i didn't work.

Why can't apple just tell us on there website?

Post Number: 3
putting CD's on ur ipod is no crime!!!
"How do I download songs to my IPod Nano without paying?" u put a CD in the harddrive and in the upper-right hand corner of iTunes, u click "import CD" then it goes on iTunes and then u plug in ur ipod to ur computer and it will automatically update ir onto your ipod...
and i am telling you, it is no crime to do so, that is the whole reason i bought an ipod, so i didnt have to carry around my CD's all the time!!!

Oh, you know what i mean Kylie Chris.

I'm talking about all the pirate music!!

Oh Yeah! I forgot to say i finally figured out how to put pics on ipod nano! I'm so excited!!
If anyone wants any help, i'll post exactly what you do.

Post Number: 4
hey, can u help me to put pics on my ipod?? i still dont get how!!!

well firstly

1) Go to your I Tunes, load in your Ipod Nano

2) In the left hand column it should say your Ipod Nano, RIGHT CLICK on it, and then click options

3) Go down to the scroll bar and click Photos

4) Click Synchornise photos, and choose a folder of which your photos are in

5) Sit back and relax while your Ipod loads up the photos!!!!!!

If you still need more help, i'll email you some screen shots to help you incase you can't understand.

Username: Mehh

Azusa, Ca US

Hey Everybody
Well

I have a 2GB blackipod nano, When i connect my ipod to my computer, it is not recognized in itunes..

The ipod display reads do not disconnect, this display does not stop until my ipod is unplugged from the computer.

My ipod still works fine except this one thing. I have had no other trouble with it, But now i cannot update it and i dont know what to do..

Please help!!

please

Username: Ericag

South Gate, California United States

I accidentally deleted my playlists from my iPod how can I get them back on my ipod. Ive tried updating it but it does not work plese help me.

Username: Talula_15

how do i get a new password on my screen lock because i cant change it withour knowing the old password

Username: Bob0000

my ipod is a black nano and when i plug it in to the computer it will not charge take in music or anything that it is supposed to do. plz help me

Username: Fordy23

i just got an ipod nano and i have all of my songs on itunes but when i plug my ipod nano into the usb cable the ipod just charges it doesnt connect to itunes so it can update plz is there n e 1 hu can help me

Username: Bbergman

why is it that when i upload songs from my computer onto my library and then go to file update my ipod and the songs arent there and it says the update is complete......please help me

ricky ford: that happens to me sumtimes too, i usually just restart my computer then it works, also make sure that it is plugged in correctly

Post Number: 6
Emily pierce: if u havent already made a combination, the cocmbination is automatically 0000, if u have, then i really dont know, i think you have to plug it in to your computer and do sumthing...??

Username: Mac25gold

Hi all...ok, my ipod nano won't shut off. It's not on hold and yes, I already looked all over apple ipod's webpage to try and find a solution. The clickwheel works fine still, I can put it on pause, skip back and forth and all that...just can't shut the darn thing off!!! Help..anyone?

the way I turn my iPod off is normally i:

Press the menu button, make sure nothing is running, and click hold.
Then leave it and after 30 secs it should turn off.

If yuo want to manually turn it off, all you have to do is hold 'the middle circle button' when it is on!

Username: Sarajane

Farmington, Utah Usa

Even though my ipod nano is turned off, the charging icon (battery with lighting bolt) continues to flash. Its not plugged into anything. It has been weird lately not being able to hold a charge and freezing up on me. Whats up?

Username: Xxdjdivaxx

Newport bbiee{were da ...Wales

heya um can u help me, ryte ive had my ipod since my burfday which was a few days ago and i put songs on there but then i wanted to put some more on n im a typical dumb blonde so wen they were downloadin there were songs tht i didnt want so i stopped it but ever since then it keeps saying "iTunes cannot read the conents of the ipod "X-" .use the ipod updater to restore the ipod to factory settings".... what the hell do i do and how do i do it plz help me asap lvyaz xx lil lozza xx PLZZZ HELP

Username: Nbeltane

how do i unlock my ipod. i have a 2gb ipod nano i have 487 songs in my libary but its only letting me load 30 onto the ipod. please e-mail me on nbeltane@iinet.net.au if you know how to fix this problem. any help would be appreciated..

Username: Xyazx

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaassseeee HELP MEEE! i accidentally deleted my playlists from my iPod and they wont come bak!how can I get them back on my ipod?Ive tried updating it but it does not work plese help meeeeeeeee if u can. fanks! xxx

Username: Egno1

I Got An IPod Nano Like 2 Days Ago And I Need To Know Wher The USB Is I Have Itunes I Have The Disk For The Ipod But I Need To Know Where I Connect It To My Modem Or My Hard Drive PLZ HELP!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8582
Read the instruction CD.

I don't have access to the CD, as we are in the process of moving in a few months.. I am still only able to put 30 songs all about 3/4mg each onto my 2gb ipod nano. Is very frustrating as I would like to listen to more than just 30 songs. there is a small lock on the i-tunes page how do i unloack this please e-mail me on nbeltane@iinet.net.au if you know how to fix this problem. any help would be appreciated..

Username: Angelmag129

I NEED HELP PLEASE
well ive been copying and pasting artwork on to my ipod nano for a while and it been working fine but all of a sudden no more artwork has been appearing on my ipod nano! this has been driving me crazy i would appreciate any help or advice... i have no idea what to do IVE TRIED EVERYTHING I CAN THINK OF!! any help would be appreciated :-)

Username: Fly123

Pleeeease Help. My IPOD nano is not recognized by my computer and I see others have the same problem...what is the solution??

Username: Ms_mongo

UK

Does anyone know how I can listen to music saved my on Ipod through my stereo - I have a panasonic hifi (SC-EN29EB-S) and the only ports I have on it are an auxhiliary port and a headphones port.

I imagine I'll need some sort of adapter cable to link the ipod and stereo up but I have no idea where to start looking or what to look for.

Also can anyon help in telling me how to link my laptop to my stereo?

Muchos appreciation for any help.

Ms M

Gold Member

Post Number: 8655
Go here and you can choose.

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatSectionView.process?Section_Id=2062

i have put my libary onto disk and deleted it from i-tunes, and now need to unlock the i-tunes as it will only let me add 30 songs. please if someone could help i would really appreciate it, this is now the 3rd time i have asked. i dont want to know how to put artwork on, i dont want to know how to put pictures on, i just want to be able to listen to the music i have paid to download. please help..

Gold Member

Post Number: 8668
How did you manage to lock iTunes?

No idea. It has a small lock on the bottom of the page And I get a pop up telling me the nano is full, (but its only got 29/30 song on it)
It's a 2 gig nano and each song is 3/4mb's so I should be able to fit them all on.

Username: Raindropsonroses2010

PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER!!! i try to download new CD's to itunes and it doesn't work it VERY frustrating!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8955
How did you try to download them?

Username: Boleine

Can anyone tell me how to add new songs to my ipod without erasing the ones already on there? thanks

i just open itunes and i stick the CD in the Drive and usually the screen pops up wear you can start importing the songs.

Jill Simmons, maybe your ipod is full?

Gold Member

Post Number: 8967
Select "manually manage iPod" on your preferences.

Thanks Berny that worked but now i have another problem. i downloaded 3 new CD's and it says my ipod is full. so then it asked my if i wanted it to automatically select songs to put on my ipod. i clicked yes but now even though i deleted some of my old songs it won't let me put the new songs on it even though i have cleared up some memory space, by deleting some old songs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9034
Go here

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60959

Username: Rainbowstarz

all of the sudden the artwork on my ipod nano stopped working. also when i click play it just goes through all the songs (without playing them) and then takes me back to the menu. Someone please help me i don't know what to do!

Username: Bugz2dabunny

Cedarburg, Wisconsin United state...

This happened to me. Try giving your ipod and itunes a little rest then try bringing up itunes again. If that still doesn't work, exit out of the prgram and try re-downloading thep program.

Username: Maddishire

HELP! Ipod mini not connecting to computer. It plays & charges ok but won't update. I've reset, re-installed (twice) and followed all help from the Mac site but no joy. Any ideas greatly appreciated (very sentimental present!).

Silver Member
Username: Ftalife

Post Number: 143
http://www.apple.com/support/

Username: Lookatmygrlyfont

james try a differnt usb port if that doesnt work go to the control panel then go to system then click on the hardware tab and go to device manger and check if your ipod shows up or if there is any hard ware devices with an error

Username: Forbes

LondonUnited Kingdom

my nano won't update! have itunes both at home and at work but can't seem to get it to update at work. have re-set, re-installed etc but nothing helps!!

Username: Maviboran

can somebody help me with connecting my nano to my car stereo. i have an 04 nissan sentra. i connected my ipod to the stereo with one of those 3.5 mm cables but the issue is that when i use the ipod the sound is coming only from the speakers on the left. there's no sound from the right side speakers. when i listen to the radio or any cd everything is fine all 4 speakers are working but not with the ipod.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9213
Use a tuner adaptor instead of a cable.

Is there a difference between plugging in the aux cable directly to the stereo or putting it through the fm transmitter. I already have that aux socket on the stereo. Do I still need an fm transmitter or will they just do the same job?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9215
A direct contact will be better, but you were obviously having problems. Is this AUX socket an RCA input?

You are probably using the wrong plug if it is only coming out of one side of your speakers.

It's an AUX socket. Should I get like another cable or go with the transmitter. I'm just worried that it'll be the same even if I get the transmitter.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9216
No...a transmitter will broadcast on an FM station in your radio and it will act like an ultra low powered radio station.

If you are using the 3.5 mm cable, ensure that it is a stereo plug and not mono. You can check this by looking at the end of the plug...it should have 3 sections (or 2 black bands)and not 2(or 1 black band).

Username: Kt5006

Edison, NJ USA

I recently purchased an audiobook MP3 for my iPod Nano. When I tried to transfer it to my Nano, I had no idea what to do. I thought there would be some instruction either with the disc or from iTunes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help.

Kaylyn

Gold Member

Post Number: 9314
Is this audio book specifically programmed for the iPod?

Was it a download from a website?

First determine the format that the audio book is written in and what programs are designed to run it. If it is downloaded from a website, determine the player you need to run the book on your computer. Once you determine that, you can convert it to a format that you iPod can read.

hey im still having the same problem with importing music onto itunes i deleted some old songs to make room for the new ones but it still doesn't work and i went to the website that Berny told me to and i don't get how to fix it still. Because it's not very specific.

Username: Gaza1875

Edinburgh, Midlothian Scotland

anybody tht has an ipod nano and is having problems you can call 0870876075. the screen on my nano has gone weird it looks like there is oil or some sort of liquid in it and the same happened to my freind and they gave him a new ipod...

i hope that advice will help people with their nano's thanks

How many songs do i have to clear from itunes to get it to update? I have a 2g nano and it says i have to many songs on there for it to update, i have 294 songs, that take up 11.93GB of space

Kearney, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 7
ABOUT how many songs do i have to clear?

i reset mine. got rid of the lock that it had on it by putting it onto the old pc. to reset it you need to toggle the hold button and press the play/pause button. mine works like a treat now. holds 530 songs instead of 30 which is alot better.

Username: 12345abcd

how the hell do you take of song artwork on an ipod nano!!!

Kearney, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 8
okay im having MAJOR problems now. my nano doesn't have anything on it! Ever since itunes said i had to many songs so i couldn't update, it erased ALL the songs from my ipod. they're all still on itunes but...yeah. so if ANYBODY knows anything or has any ideas PLEASE let me know and it would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks!

Kearney, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 9
Now i tried to hook my ipod up to itunes and it asked me if i wanted it to select some songs for it to put on my ipod and i clicked YES because i thought it would be better than having no songs at all on there but now it's only letting me download 30 songs and it says it's full. i have no idea what's going on and it's very frustrating. so does anyone know a number i can call or a website i can go to so i can complain and try to get it fixed?? thanks

ok sorry to repeat this but i reset mine. got rid of the lock that it had on it by putting it onto the old pc.

****to reset it you need to toggle the hold button and press the play/pause button. mine works like a treat now. holds 530 songs instead of 30 which is alot better.****

i found this out by doing a google search.

nicole

Kearney, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 10
I tried to Toggle the Hold button and press the Play/Pause button at the same time and it didn't do anything. do you have to hold play/pause and THEN start toggling the hold button or toggle the hold button and THEN press play/pause? cause i couldn't seem to get it to work!! but thanks for the advice!!

How to reset iPod
Learn how to reset or restart iPod following a freeze. Tip: Check out this helpful movie too.

Important: If your iPod is frozen or won't turn on, it may be because iPod is paused or the Hold switch is in the locked position. If so, a lock symbol appears on the screen. Slide the Hold switch to the unlocked position and check the screen.

If you are using your iPod as a hard drive (disk mode), it is normal for "do not disconnect" to remain on the screen until you are ready to eject the iPod in iTunes or from the Mac OS. To avoid having the iPod freeze learn how to eject and disconnect iPod from your computer.

If your iPod is frozen or won't turn on, the steps to reset it vary by model. You can easily tell which iPod model you have if you're not sure.

To reset an iPod with a Click Wheel, including:
Fifth Generation iPod (also known as iPod with video)

Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.
Tip: If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface. Make sure the finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Menu button toward the outside of the click wheel, and not near the center.

If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep.

If you are still unable to reset your iPod, use only one finger from one hand to press the Center (Select) button, and one finger from the other hand to press the Menu button.

When you reset iPod all your music and files are saved, but some customized settings may be lost. Date and time is preserved (unless the iPod reset itself because it had no power and then was reconnected to power). Other customized settings, such as Bookmarks, On-The-Go Playlists, Shuffle, Backlight timer, and so forth are preserved from the last time the hard drive turned on.

hope this helps

Bronze Member

Kearney, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 11
thanks Nicole

question: i accidentally put photos i dont want on my ipod, how do i get rid of them??

Username: Priya07

hey
i have a 2gb ipod nano an i can only put 192 songs on there wen i shud be able to get 500 on there ive had a luk everywere but just can't find wats takin up all the space. wen i luk at the capacity thing it says 805.9mb is taken up but audio, 1.03gb is taken up by other (wich i cnt figure out wat it is) and 4.4mb is free space. its really gettin to me can sum1 plz help?
thnx

Username: Fool

}ohhkay so i have this nano i got for christmas. it's small, blue. i plugged it into my computer. all it says is Do NOT dISCONNECT.
see i also own an iPod Mini
so i wus hoping the songs from the iTunes of my iPod Mini would go into my Nano
but the songs aren't going in?!?!?! i`ve tried uploading the newer version of iTunes on the website. but it won`t work!!! so how would i get the songs from my old version of iTunes into my new nano. is there an Apple Nano Helpline?!

Username: Kass94

WA United States

Ok, to put pics on your iPod nano:
(it might help you to put all the photos you want in it in one folder beforehand)

-Go to iTunes
-Plug in your iPod
-When it loads, you can left-click your iPod's name (under DEVICES on the left side of the screen. The body of iTunes should have an iPod pic/version/capacity/stuff like that)
-Looking at that screen, go to the tab on the top that says PHOTOS and left-click it.
-Click the little box next to Sync Photos From, then click the folder your photos are in.
-When you're ready to download the pics, click APPLY on the bottom of the screen next to the capacity bar.
-Unplug your iPod and go to the main menu>photos>photo library to see your newly-downloaded pics!

Hope this helps!

Username: Jordan2007

}
rite here is how to put pictures onto ya ipods
(you need an ipod nano or video or any ipod that is compatible with photos, also you need itunes 7)
1. plug in the ipod
2. click on the ipod tab
3. click the photos tab on the top
4. sync your ipod to the folder you want the pictures to come from
5. it will automatically download the pictures
6. if you want more pictures on your ipod just choose the ones you want and copy (ctrl + c) and then paste (ctrl + v) and they wil automatically go onto the ipod

p.s if this doesnt work wright back to me on this forum or on

appo2damax@yahoo.co.uk
}

Username: Skullofchaos

i am having trouble with my nano. it keeps restarting itself. it will start up and then 5 seconds later it will restart, and will repeat. i have tried many things to try and get it wotking but nothing works

could somebody please help

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13930
What have you tried?

Username: Gelousie

Tacoma, WA USA

OMG! Please help me too!!! My 10 year old neighbor cam over and told me she wanted more songs on her ipod nano, so i put some on there just like i do mine, but mine's just a regular ipod. (You know the one that's tall... idk what they're called. It's not a shuffle =] ) Anyways, i don't use itunes. i use realplayer. Which works fine for mine, and the first couple of songs i put on her nano, were fine. then i deisconnected it and checked if it was alright. The songs were there! So i plugged it back in and then put more, but then when i checked again, the menu said "No Music"... i'm freaking out! She started crying, and my dad told me i'd better fix it... which i think so to right?! So i plugged it back in and the songs showed up on the computer still, but the darn thing still says no music. No artists or anything. I tried reseting it, I'm out of ideas. I even did the Complilation thingy... nothing! And i went to ipod help and things on google, but that didn't help much. I need a ipod nerd! lol Or someone who knows a heck of a lot more than me! Which that should be anybody! Please help me!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15431
And you are not using iTunes because...????

Username: Dunny

Please help. I bought my daughter an Ipod nano for her birthday and when I connect it to the computer, the computer recognizes it as a removable disk (G) file system FAT. I tried to reset the IPOD, but it will not do anything. I can't get the apple logo to come up.

Username: Freakmitch

ok so i have an ipod nano with the cool video player! right, so how do i upload the videos to computer?

Username: Carlos7

please ,please help, my i-pod is registered and i can see it on itunes, but half way through down loading a video to my PC, it stops , and says unknown error,...i have removed i-tunes and started again, but its still the same...help please,..thanks

Username: Jubjub

My question is similar to Wendy Dunnavant's.
I bought a second ipod nano in Thailand and when i tried to hook it up to my mum's computer, the computer recognizes it as a removable disk (e) file system FAT. I tried to reset the IPOD, but it will not do anything. Originally it would not find it at all. Now I 've got it to recognise it but it won't open in itunes.
It did not come with a disc. When I got my first ipod (which I still have and it did not come with a disc either) it was just recognized and took me through the itunes set up. never had a problem.
But because I got this stupid thing in Thailand it has stuff on it and needs wiping first. PLEASE HELP ME. I gave it to my parents for christmas and now I can't get it to work. So annoying. And a real let down.

Username: Kakukou

What kind of iPod you are using?
If you have iPod nano 7, you can try the following steps to reset your iPod.
1. Press and hold the Hold button and the Home button at the same time
2. Let go of both buttons when the screen goes dark
3. Wait for a few seconds and you will see the Apple logo appears, which means the iPod is restarting
That is all I know about how to reset iPod. Hope it can help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us