Sub makes a clicking sound when volume is raised

Username: Nivichan1

Post Number: 3
Hi someone help please i bought a 10 inch dual coil pioneer sub today and attached it to my Panasonic sa-akx72 stereo system not too long ago i connected the coils in parallel with the aid of a youtube video and it works but when i raise my volume beyond 26 the speaker starts making a sort of clack/clicking/poping sound can someone please help maybe i did something wrong? Its connected together with a superwoffer sub that came with the system and my system is 900 watts /9800watts well that's what it says on the box}

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3253
Not a snowballs chance in XXXX of you actually having 900 watts, let alone nearly 10KW.

Sound like the amp may not be happy. Can you try with the voice coils connected in SERIES? That will raise the impedance. If impedance was the problem that should help or even fix.

If it still rattles, than you MAY have bought a smoked speaker with the voice coil having been over driven it is now out of alignment and rubbing at higher powers.

That, now that I think about it may actually be my FIRST guess.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18078

A clicking, clacking, popping sound from any woofer is a clear sign of over driving the system.

The voice coil is being driven beyond its linear limits and is catching on the edge of the former at the front edge and is hitting the magnet assembly at the rear.

Put simply, this is idiotic use of the system.

Damn it! When a system distorts or begins making noises that are screaming at you to turn down the volume, to turn down the bass, TURN DOWN THE VOLUME AND TURN DOWN THE BASS!!!

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us