What is real diff b/w Onkyo TXSR501 + 601

Maro Esquandolas
Is the difference worth the extra $150?? Assume that I will be using entry to average level speakers. Most of use will be for listening to CD's -Tx

elitefan
Depends on how many inputs you need,[601 has more], whether you think the extra power of the 601 is worth it or not. If you think the 501 suits your needs call J&R Music World [1-800-221-8180] and see if they still have any Onkyo 500's left. They have had refurbished units for $149.88 for a couple of months. Full warranty included. Hard to beat for the money. Same receiver as 501 just last years model. Even though I don't recommend buying from Crutchfield because they sell at list only their website is the best I've seen to check out products. They sell Onkyo and you can look at very clear, detailed pictures of the front, back and remotes of these Onkyo models. Like I said the 501 and 500 are the same so check out the 501 and 601 in detail and that should help you decide which fits your needs. If it's the 501 then go to J&R and save a bunch of money.

Derek
See http://www.onkyousa.com/prod_class.cfm?class=Receiver. They have the manuals on line. But it looks like the 601 has more power (and channels), 192KHz DACs on the front main channels, DTS ES and Neo-6, Dolby Digital EX, Composite to S-Video Conversion, Component Video Switching, On-screen display, an extra optical input and output, and a better remote.

Hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us