Wireless DAC for PC audio

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1866
http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Audioengine-D2

Those of you who keep or want to keep all of your music on the PC and listen to it on your audio system w/o moving the 2 closer might like this.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2827
DACMagic + has a bluetooth input....but you need to purchase the dongle for about 100$ as an 'extra'. Balanced outs and a muting headphone output with its own level control complete the package.
Even my '09 iMac supports the latest codec / APT-X and whatever else is in the alphabet soup.

I have no idea of current BT support on PC, but I'll bet it takes drivers and you may have to search up the APT-X

In the past I used an AirportExpress but if I were doing it today, I'd think about the AppleTV, which for the same money adds vids to the mix.

Lots of wireless connectivity out today. Cambridge Audio, NAD and who knows who else? Lots of options and more every day.

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1870
That's for sure Leo, no shortage of options!

Username: Derren_brown

Post Number: 2
Hello Members,

The Audioengine D2 DAC is one of a new and few breed of wireless DACs capable of sending, receiving, and playing high definition music up to 24-bit/96kHz. As a matter of fact, I know of no other wireless DAC that'll do the same, today. Of course there are loads of UPnP streamers out there that include wireless capabilities but I'm talking about just-a-DAC with 24/96 wireless capabilities built-in (i.e. no dongle needed). One basic difference is wireless DACs are file format agnostic whereas streamers are not. They're more picky. And most streamers piggyback on your existing wi-fi network whereas the D2 provides its own.

Thanks and Regards,
Derren Brown

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2916
Unless you're swapping photos with your iPhone, the BlueTooth is also and 'exclusive' link.

I'm personally not sold on the 'big' improvement of 24bit sources......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us