Subwoofer for a 17'x11'x10'(WxLxH) space ~ $600

Bronze Member
Username: Typhoon859

Post Number: 13
Subwoofer for a 17'x11'x10'(WxLxH) space within a 26.5'x17.5'x10' room ~ $600

Hi guys! So, nothing too much more specific to mention here. Overall, there's a general standard when it comes to low frequency generators which makes it a lot easier to say that one subwoofer is better over another (how well the sound travels in whatever sized room, the frequency response, positioning of the port relative to the sitting position, etc...). What I can provide is a fairly accurate schematic of the room in which the subwoofer would likely be placed in the front left corner. That'll simply depend on where there'd be the most standing waves after I test it from the couch position. Any information and specific details from experience or otherwise would be helpful. Thank you!

PS- I'd like to mention that the $600 limit isn't including any potential deals based on past occurrences or whatever, so if you are aware of there even being the slightest chance of this, feel free to mention currently higher priced units. Thanks

EDIT: I currently have in my sights the SVS SB12-NSD. With hopefully a deal, maybe I could get it down to $600! I really did push my budget to its maximum here XD

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina America

Post Number: 14602
a used SVS PB10 or Sunfire True Subwoofer (pick your model of choice) would be my choice for something like that. I currently use a True sub Mk II for my bedroom, which is about 18'x16' not including the attached bathroom area, and that single sub can rock most of the house.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Thanks. I'll look into that

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
I decided to go with the Rhythmic FV12 with the expectation of investing in a second one in the not too distant future.

Thanks to anyone who looked into the matter for me!

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1813
I hope I'm not too late, but you might want to check out the Mirage S8, S10, & S12. I have an S8 ($369) and it's incredible. It really does give high end subs a serious run for their money!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I have in fact made the purchase already but I'll check it out and keep it in mind for any future subs I may be looking into.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us