Which cables to connect SACD/DVD-Audio DVD player to 5.1 inputs on receiver?

avdude
To connect an SAD/DVD-Audio DVDplayer to a receiver with 5.1 inputs, do I just use 3 pairs of RCA cables? Are there special 5.1 RCA cables (i.e. color coded) available?
I found only ONE site, and their cheapest set was $89.

I don't have the receiver yet, but wanted to buy the cables today, if possible, since I am going to be picking up a cheap DVD-audio/SACD player today $161 + tax.
My DVD changer "only" supports SACD...

Thanks!

elitefan
3 pairs of regular cables. That's all you need.Just label them before installing them and you'll be set.

Rapier
You're correct; all you need is 3 pairs of RCA cables. Cheap cables will work just fine, but they won't impress any audiophile's the look behind your receiver.

avdude
Thanks!

I'll probably get Monster mid-range or decent Acoustic Research cables.
Nothing too fancy, but not cheap either...

elitefan
Good choices. Check out the Phoenix Gold cables from Crutchfield. As good as Monster and much cheaper. I have Monster, AR and Phoenix in my system and the Phoenixis the best for the money. Believe it or not Crutchfield sells these at very good prices.

avdude
Thanks! I'll check them out right now.

Crutchfield is not known for having the
best prices, as you imply, but I must say that their customer service was second to none!
I bought a Panasonic CP67 DVD changer (returned because it was slow to detect DVD recordable media, and didn't play DVD+R at all) for a great price there, due to free shipping coupon and a special sale price. They actually had the best price for that player (I check the hot deals sites routinely).
The return process was simple: call for an RMA #, pack it up in the orignal packing, attach the pre-printed label and drop off at a UPS shipping facility. Voila!
They also credited my card the day they received my return.

NW
Hi, what do means by cheap cables. I am a little confused! Can I use the free audio cables that came with the equipments or just use one better cables for the main L/R channels.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us