Cleaning the laser lens of the Cd player...

Bronze Member
Username: Amir

Post Number: 59
Hello every one.
My Cd player Stopped to read and not successful to read a considerable part of my cd songs...

Does someone know How to clean eyepiece of the laser that cd player reads?

I mean to Cleaning the lens by hands, and not with the cd lens cleaner.

I have allready tried to clean the laser lens with Dry cotton batten but with no success.

Thanks on the help

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 16951

Unfortunately, there's no reason to clean the laser assembly by hand. Lasers and the slides upon which they track the disc wear out. Take the player to a competent tech and ask for an estimate of repair costs.

Bronze Member
Username: Amir

Post Number: 60
I already opened the Cd player and replaced it's rubber band, to another one...
I succeeded to do this and the tray of the cd player exit and enter excellent now but I think that in Accidentally I touched with the my hand in the laser lens and because it it stopped reading many discs of my collections and sometimes withdraws noises in the time of the playing.

Technician of electronics already told me to try to clean the laser lens with dry cotton batten - After I did it, it could read little better, but yet it struggles to call most of my cd collection and sometimes when the lens get tired it starting to out put noises while it plays.

Maybe I can clean the lens with this?

CD & DVD Cleaning Tissues
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0021YAI00

Username: Mjcmt

NC USA

Post Number: 2
Use a cotton swab dampened with camera lens cleaning fluid. Do not put fluid direct to laser, but lightly moisten the swap.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us