Bose Acoustimass 25 series II

Username: Ginc

Post Number: 1
Is it possible to hook up a bose lifestyle acoustimass 25 series II to a sony reciever? I plugged in the sub but its not working. I know that the sub works fine and in working condition. Any suggestions other than not using a bose sub?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16482
Welcome to eCoustics Ginc!

Please list the Sony receiver model!

Post Number: 2
The model number is STR-DE675

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16484
Ginc

The easy way to hook the Acoustimat is by using of the Music center or you can also use a RCA cable and weld the ground to pin 5 and the signal to pin 1-2 of the mini din plug of the acoutimat!

Post Number: 3
Thank you for getting back to my post so quickly. When you say to use the music center do you mean plug an rca into the center speaker output into the subs center input?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16486
No don't do this or you will blow your Sony sub output, the Music Center is like the Pre-amp of the Acoustimat, the Acoustimat come with the Music center called Lyfestyle then the inter-connection is made by a Mini Din cable(the round plug with multi-pin in back of the sub), this is the plug where you must hook the RCA cable to the pin-in but if you can't do it by yourself ask it to a competent person.

Post Number: 4
yes it is a passive subwoofer with satellite speakers that attach to it but i dont have the satellite speakers and i just want to use it as a subwoofer

Username: Jellytool

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the advice Plymouth. I have been searching for a solution to this for several years now. Could you explain in a a bit more detail how to activate the Acoustimass with an RCA cable please? My understanding is that the sub needs a 12volt charge to 'trigger' the power on. So what should the other end of the RCA cable be connected to, once I have soldered the ground to pin 5 and the signal to... (is that pins 1&2 or pin 12???) of the mini din plug?

I would be really grateful for some help with this. Oh, and just in case it saves me some head-scratching, do you know if all the satellites have to be connected before sound is heard from the Acoustimass? Thanks in advance.

Username: Swpro72

Bose Powered Acoustimass 25 Series II

I have this AM25 II but this has no sound, I want to use this with my Onkyo receiver, I tried a couple of things to find the woofer and power transformer are working.
But not sure how to apply the 12v turn on trigger ..I mean which pins this voltage get applied to. Also in case there is problem with the circuit that turns on the AMP what would be the
Test point to start with.

Any help on this is highly appreciated

Thanks,

Swpro72

Username: Humbertite

How do I connect and operate 25 powered subwoofer Bose without having a pre amplifier lifestyle and it can connect to a Sherwood RX-4105

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16756
Ho It seem I missed some questions!

Carlos, shah and Humbert

I check it then I'm back soon later with your answers!

Username: Humbertite

How do I connect and operate 25 powered subwoofer Bose without having a pre amplifier lifestyle and it can connect to a Sherwood RX-4105?

Username: Rujmorse

Kansas City, MO United States

The answer to my question may have already been posted, but I need help in finding it. If it's been posted, please direct me to the post.

I have two problems with a Bose Lifestyle 30 Series II system. One, the display lights are dead. I checked the 15V Powersupply and it's working correctly. I believe I need the common fix for the display replacing the 4 or 5 capacitors in the powersupply? Correct?

The second problem is no sound. I saw some posts that it may be a fuse in the acoustimass unit? But need help in diagnosing this issue. I can get a brief burst of sound sometimes, but then the sound goes dead. Help?

Username: Henri

Hello,
Somebody help me please by explaining how do i connect Bose Powered Acoustimass 25 serie II into my new Ampli Marantz SR6008 ???

can it be possible ???
Thanks in advance

Username: Scokiller

Cannes

Hi Plymouth !

I'm french and i don't speack english very well..

I have a acoustimass 25 series 2 with lifestyle model 5 music center.

How it's possible to put on the sound system acoustimass 25 series 2 without the lifestyle 5 module ?
My lifestyle is dead...

Thank youu!

Username: Scokiller

Cannes

And.. how to work with coaxial source on the acoustimass 25 series 2 with or without lifestyle 5 module ?

Thank you very much

Username: Don14

Post Number: 3
Needs help to get the audio input pin diagram of Lifestyle 25 subwoofer..

Username: Stevedanlynn

Wallasey ,Merseyside

Hello, I have a Bose Lifestyle 25 series 11 , it has not been working for some time now, it powers up and then appears to start to play but the sound cuts off in about one second. I opened the sub woofer box (after finding the hidden tab)the fuse tested OK. I read on this forum a good few years back that this unit had a thermal fuse, is so where is it? cant see one on the PCB. Can I replace it or even bridge it?
I found a post dating back to 2007 from Mark Burgess MR3dzpop who was very helpful and knew his stuff, he replied to someone with a similar problem on an AM15 and suggested a surface mounted chip resistor ( or a pair of them) that fail by going to open circuit and prevent the triac ( turn on device ) from firing. I think I have found a pair of these marked 160...( ohm? )if I am, and he is, correct I can replace them by a standard resistor to enable the amplifiers to fire up and stay on. Great if you are still on this forum Mark, but if not can anyone else help me confirm this diagnosis and the size/type of the resistor I can get in the UK. Bose do not service/repair this unit any more so can't help me. I managed to get a series 1 acoustimas unit on ebay and have got the system running but the cable socket to the control unit has a different connection and I would like to repair the series 11. I am a shielding OAP, so in social isolation with this Covid 19 thing so have loads of time to play about with, and try to fix the system. Any advice would be appreciated
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us