Testament to NAD power

SteveP
While I don't necessarily want this to become too much of NAD board, I thought it might be interesting to relate my own experience as a good measure of NAD's power capabilities.
Some years ago, when I was in college, I put together a dorm room system consisting of NAD's lowest end stereo receiver (the 7220PE, rated only 20WPC), Boston Acoustics A40 bookshelf speakers, and a 15" passive subwoofer wired in series ahead of the Boston's. The sub itself was rated at 4ohm resistance, and then the Boston load was on top of that.
Despite these requirements, I was able to push very high sound levels without any clipping or distortion issues. It was quite impressive for a "20WPC" amp. When I tried to run the same speaker setup with my father's mid-level Yamaha receiver, it gagged immediately.
I owned the NAD for 8 years, and only ever had one problem with it, when the capacitor that retained the station presets went out. It was replaced immediately and quickly by the local dealer. I was very happy with it and would not hesitate to buy another.

Derek
I had a similar experience with a "20 Wpc" Proton 907 receiver. Years later Stereo Review showed that it put out 100 Wpc...

High Current, high dynamic headroom, soft-clipping, < 8 ohm switch and a good tuner. What a great receiver. Like having a $200 Carver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us