Post Number: 2187
http://www.mcleans.info/information/maggies-blog.do?newsId=4188

I would love to experience this.

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 14128
That is very cool.

I recently had someone over to my house to buy records from a CL ad I had online. Turns out this fella is an avid high end hobbyist and not a junk collector (like so many who respond to CL ads). He asked why I was selling my records I told him that I was going all digital and concentrating on my primary system. He looked around my living room and saw the AV setup and looked a bit mystified. I said not that one, the one in the home office that's playing now...I was playing a CD of all small scale acoustic music. He said, you mean that's not folks practising, "no that's my reference rig". He looked shocked..."can I see it"...ofcourse. He stood looking at the little Harbeths with disbelief....very cool.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2191
People react differently to the 'first taste' of hi-end. Next thing you hear from this guy will be that he now has 'upgradeitis'

My motorcycle racing neighbor came over to visit one day. I had some classical on the stereo. The neighbors child (maybe age 6 or 8) plopped down in the money seat. I guess me and Gary were making too much noise, cause the kid turned around and Shhhhh'd us!

Platinum Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 14130
The guy owns hi end, it still fooled him.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2195
I think I know what you are getting at.
Sometimes I'll have something playing and duck into another room.
It sometimes sounds like I have a piano or jazz group in the LR.

Very.....live sounding.

And, I'm dead certain that your system has been evolved to a pretty high degree. You've heard 20x more stuff than I have and owned far more...... My system remains stable, if that's the right word, for long time periods.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us